Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: WIFOM Fortress - Night 4 - "Peerless visionary" floods fort with GCSs  (Read 60802 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: WIFOM Fortress - Night 2 - Tormented by rowdy teenager necromancers
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2014, 11:13:48 pm »

Isn't the new FB in the wrong cavern for the two to fight each other?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2014, 12:22:45 am »

No, they could have met, I think. But the new one decided to ditch out after a few days.

The holiday slowed things down a bit, but I should be able to finish my turn tomorrow.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2014, 04:28:48 pm »

9th Hematite

Uzol, the leader of the ranger's Marksdwarf squad, stood atop a chair in the dining room.

"I have decided that this fortress is in need of the strong hand of justice." He bellowed out at the assembled dwarves. "Too many deaths have happened here since the founding of this place, and while the past few months have been quiet who knows what plots are being hatched?"

There was a murrmuring of agreement throughout the crowd.

"To that end, I and my squad have decided to become the new Fortress Guard! We will dedicate ourselves to protecting you fine dwarves from any threats, inside or out!"

A few cheers, and a lot of excited conversations bubbled up from the crowd.

"Hmmm. Seems...odd, that he'd make such a decision by himself. Especially so soon after joining us." Mephansteras muttered to Shakerag

"Yeah, I don't trust it. But a lot of people seem to be backing him on this." Shakerag looked around the room.

"Guess we'll just have to watch and see. Maybe he's genuine about all this."

"We can only hope."

13th Hematite

A caravan of Human traders, wagons laden down with goods, arrives a few hours after dawn.

Toaster hurries about, ordering dwarves to bring the trade bins up to the depot as he welcomes the humans.

Eventually a bargain is struck, and a frazzled Toaster sits down in the dining hall.

"So, what did you get us?" Mephansteras asked, sitting down next to him.

"Oh, some more metals, wood. More booze, so we have some variety, as well as some cloth and leather. Should tide us over for a while."

"Did you get the anvils I asked for?"

"Oh, yeah. Two iron anvils. Expanding the magma forges, huh?"

"Yeah, we have more projects than we can manage right now with the single forge. "

"Ah. Well, glad to help. But we'll need more trade goods. They took most of what he had available."

"Humph. Well, we'll get more made before the dwarven caravans arrive this fall." Mephansteras knocked back a mug of some beer or other the humans had brought. "Huh. Not that bad, actually."

28th Hematite
"Hello the Fortress!" cried out a voice from the east. More migrants had arrived, mostly animal trainers and farmers.

"More of them??" Jim Groovester gave the group of migrants a dirty look.

"You can't expect dwarves to resist the lure of gold, can you?" Asked Persus.

"Well, hope they like hard work. That's all anyone around here is getting these days."

"Huh. Well, what is a dwarf without work?"

"Can't argue that, I suppose." Muttered Jim, slinging her latest baby over her shoulder. "Ah, well. More hands, I guess."

1st Malachite
"Look," said Zan, "We just can't have a mayor who's crazy."

"Crazy!?" shouted 4maskwolf. "Who's crazy?"

"YOU! You're crazy! Saying you're 4maskwolf! That dwarf is dead! You can't be them!"

"But I am. I came back. It's simple."

"See!?" Zan waved his arms around at the gathered dwarves. "Who do you want as mayor? A good solid dwarf, or one who thinks they're possessed by the dead?"

"Election! Call an election!" Cried out a voice in the crowd.

"Ok, ok. Toaster, get the tally sheet. We'll hold elections." Mephansteras held up his hands to placate the crowd.

A while later, Toaster stood before the group. "It is clear. Zan in our new Mayor!"

Mephansteras put his hand on 4maskwolf's shoulder. "Sorry, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give your quarters over to the new mayor."

"Urrrgh." 4maskwolf strode away, not even looking back at the celebrating Zan and his followers.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2014, 05:29:39 pm »

The plot thickens.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2014, 07:03:33 pm »

Is there a negative thought for getting un-elected? I don't recall ever seeing one, and that seems strange when engravings tend to depict mayors who lose their position as weeping or adopting a plaintive position.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »

Is there a negative thought for getting un-elected? I don't recall ever seeing one, and that seems strange when engravings tend to depict mayors who lose their position as weeping or adopting a plaintive position.

No, 4maskwolf doesn't actually seem to care any. But that didn't quite seem in character so...I guess he'll just get over it quickly.
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2014, 09:51:34 pm »

Remember, kids; if you want your avatar to stay relevant in a succession fort, appoint yourself to the boring but helpful jobs, and not the flashy prominent ones!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »

Remember, kids; if you want your avatar to stay relevant in a succession fort, appoint yourself to the boring but helpful jobs, and not the flashy prominent ones!
Hehe.  Just you wait...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2014, 10:10:31 pm »

20th Galena

Mastah Cheese waited patiently while Mephansteras finished sharpening the last of a batch of copper bolts.

"Ah, Mastah, what can I do for you?"

"Well...there have been sightings of a ghostly baby. It's Kogan's child and, well, she's already been rather upset lately. We're afraid this might push her over the edge."

"Oh! Well, I put in an order for the craftsdwarves make up slabs for all of our missing dwarves a while back. Perhaps they're done by now. Why don't we check with Toaster to see if they're in the stockpiles?"

"Good idea."

"Toaster! Do you know if we have all those slabs engraved for the Memorial?"

"What? Oh...oh...yes, I think so. Is it time for them to go up?" Toaster stammered.

"Yes. The miners reported the new burial chamber was ready. Time to put it to use!"

8th Limestone

"Dorsidwarf," Tiruin jogged up to the militia commander. "More kobolds have been seen skulking around the perimeter."

"Hmmm. Keep an eye out, hopefully they'll keep their distance."

-----------

A ring of hooded dwarves met in the dead of night.

"How go the plans?"

"Well, well. Things are slow, but no sign that anyone is aware of what we are doing"

"Excellent. The calm of the last few months will lull the fortress into a false sense of security."

Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2014, 11:03:16 pm »

We....just became a barony. Who to pick for baron? Hmmmm....

Come play Mafia with us!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2014, 11:16:53 pm »

Webadict, if he's an option.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »

If we have a Webadict, then Webadict.  Otherwise, I vote me :P

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2014, 11:33:41 pm »

If we don't have a webadict, then ask him if he can be dwarfed in the game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2014, 11:36:20 pm »

If we don't have a webadict, then ask him if he can be dwarfed in the game.
Actually, this.  Except that the game can't be saved until the baron decision has been made.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2014, 11:55:14 pm »

Oh, good point. Alternatively, Toaster, he is the King of Mafia after all.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36