Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Triple X Tycoon - Greenlit + v2.9 Dev-Alpha  (Read 36546 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Triple X Tycoon - Adult Industry Simulator
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 07:10:02 am »

...Why is this a thing?

Actually, don't answer that.

I'm going to watch this and see how fast the Toad descends~

Ehhh, I think everyone who came here (pun unintended) knows what they are getting into and the topic title isn't offensive enough. Well ok I came here because I didn't know what "Adult industry" meant and thought it was a tycoon game for adults rather then lowest common denominator.

As for "Why is this a thing?"

Remember the Playboy Bunny house game? Remember Singles and how there was a "sex" expansion? (why is it that all games that try to be a "More Adult" The Sims game are just not as good?

Based on the paragraphs of the post, they did not do very much research on the D/s aspects. Whooooooole lot more to it then just pleasure, that bit's actually secondary

Having read 50 shades of Grey and how it is "The Standard" of D/s... This might as well be a scientific dissertation.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:13:27 am by Neonivek »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 09:03:11 am »

Well, there was good old Lula: The Sexy Empire, but it was made nearly two decades ago so... Guess somebody had to do it (again), yeah.
You know they made more than one, right? (the latest one is even online according to Wikipedia)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 10:49:25 am »

Is this the thing where a parody gets to the point where it wraps around to being the thing it's parodying?

I don't see how this is a parody.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 10:58:26 am »

...Why is this a thing?

Actually, don't answer that.

I'm going to watch this and see how fast the Toad descends~

Ehhh, I think everyone who came here (pun unintended) knows what they are getting into and the topic title isn't offensive enough. Well ok I came here because I didn't know what "Adult industry" meant and thought it was a tycoon game for adults rather then lowest common denominator.

Remember the Playboy Bunny house game? Remember Singles and how there was a "sex" expansion? (why is it that all games that try to be a "More Adult" The Sims game are just not as good?

Based on the paragraphs of the post, they did not do very much research on the D/s aspects. Whooooooole lot more to it then just pleasure, that bit's actually secondary

Having read 50 shades of Grey and how it is "The Standard" of D/s... This might as well be a scientific dissertation.
50 shades of grey was nonstandard D/s, unhealthy and extremely damaging for the sub emotionally, focused mainly on pleasure and not the emotional aspect, I could literally go on for days about this one.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 11:58:50 am »

Well, there was good old Lula: The Sexy Empire, but it was made nearly two decades ago so... Guess somebody had to do it (again), yeah.
You know they made more than one, right? (the latest one is even online according to Wikipedia)
I do, and originally I planned on linking to wiki page covering Lula series as whole, but I decided against it because from what I've read, only the first one was a "business simulator". I will admit though I never played any of them, but their sole existence sure as hell remained in my memory.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 12:22:35 pm »

The only thing that surprised me is that this isn't freeware...

OLJoy

• Bay Watcher
  • Whodunnit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 12:48:12 pm »

The only thing that surprised me is that this isn't freeware...

Damn near for the cost of development. We do also believe in demos of a completed project not public alphas. It's actually a big problem in the (game) industry right now, the race to the bottom and all that jazz. We'll do our best to account for as many potential players as possible.

We are making a game more in the vein of Lula with a dash of our own style and humor.  Our goal is certainly not to be offensive thus our title and choice of cover art. It's a business like any other, even if it involves sex. That is, the underlying stuff that's all over TV and kids cartoons these days.  The subject matter isn't new or taboo so we choose not to treat it as such.  As far as knowing what you're getting into, well we certainly hope so haha. This is the internet after all!  It can all be just be a click or two click away anyway.

Thanks for the feedback! We'll be back later today or tomorrow with more screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:56:38 am by OLJoy »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

Is this the thing where a parody gets to the point where it wraps around to being the thing it's parodying?
I don't see how this is a parody.
I'm assuming it will be at least lighthearted. I have never seen an enjoyable simulator that took itself completely seriously, bar ETS (and why that is enjoyable is a mystery to me).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

OLJoy

• Bay Watcher
  • Whodunnit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 04:42:35 pm »

So a little bit about this page here.  The chain goes Products -> Dusty Salad 2: The Buffet -> followed by a selection to view the product details or sales, in this case we hit details.  In order, we have the name of our movie up top.  Now of course this isn't limited to just movies, we handle magazine shoots differently in Triple X Tycoon but we'll get into that later. Immediately following you have your release date.

The media format is shown based on what might be available to you and how much money you're willing to spend on production etc.  In this case we actually went with a fairly low volume release. Release volume can be chosen before release and viewed on the sales page.  Of course, below format you have your stars who are individually hired, another topic we'll get to later.

Now let's talk about the type of film, we made a Gonzo film here with our sub-category being DP (double penetration). Below that is our budget, we were really cheap for the sake of this screenshot and relied on our performers to make up for it. Budget includes paying performers and set costs, in this particular movie we shot in-house which could be anything form a motel to a studio, you guess which one we had to work with.

Regardless, our Triple X Network Rating was a 3.2 which means it was solid as well as our Raunchy Weekly being a 3 making this film a pass.  Here's where it gets interesting.  Depending on your film's sub-category you get graded on ethics by a magazine specific to paticular sub-categories.  LuvBunny is a magazine advocating the rights of women in the game. Since we didn't have any issues making this movie (our models showed up, there were no fights or lack of STD testing) and our models were fairly credible, we received a fair grade.  Why not great? well, our budget must have reflected the film quality somehow.  Overall this film was a critical success although not a financial one.

If you've got your own questions, our lead developer and designer will be doing Google hangouts on Sundays Eastern Standard Time (EST) or (GMT - 4:00) to answer them in full. 

For more updates you can follow us on Twitter (preferred) or the developers individually @IrisLeJoy and @DoopLeJoy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:08:25 pm by OLJoy »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »

I understand that you're trying to show a little bit of what's going on in your game, but you should be careful about the forum guidelines:
Do not discuss sexually oriented material.  There are exceptions to this rule, such as passing discussions of sexual content in movies, books, computer games, etc. in topics not directed specifically at the sexual material in question, but no sexually themed topics are allowed.  Sharing erotic images and erotic roleplaying are not permitted.  If you want to turn each other on, there are plenty of outlets for that.  This is not one of them.  Please refrain from sharing your sex life.

You may wish to remove the UrbanDictionary link, but I'm not sure how strict ToadyOne is about this stuff.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

OLJoy

• Bay Watcher
  • Whodunnit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 04:54:42 pm »

I understand that you're trying to show a little bit of what's going on in your game, but you should be careful about the forum guidelines:
Do not discuss sexually oriented material.  There are exceptions to this rule, such as passing discussions of sexual content in movies, books, computer games, etc. in topics not directed specifically at the sexual material in question, but no sexually themed topics are allowed.  Sharing erotic images and erotic roleplaying are not permitted.  If you want to turn each other on, there are plenty of outlets for that.  This is not one of them.  Please refrain from sharing your sex life.

You may wish to remove the UrbanDictionary link, but I'm not sure how strict ToadyOne is about this stuff.

Thanks for the reminder Sirus, will do.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 05:05:05 pm »

well this is a very niche market game i suppose.
was wondering whether it'd be anywhere near cost effective to make a game like this

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 05:25:13 pm »

Probably not the best place to advertise, most discussion will be reserved.  At the very least, this doesn't look like an actual pr0n game, if you know what I mean.  Which puts it in toeing the line territory I reckon.  Unless you do have actual pr0n hiding somewhere.  (I didn't look too hard.)  Then... yea...  Not the place to be.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

OLJoy

• Bay Watcher
  • Whodunnit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 05:39:44 pm »

well this is a very niche market game i suppose.
was wondering whether it'd be anywhere near cost effective to make a game like this

Good question, and we don't mind a little transparency. So we have a three person dev team on this.  Our main programmer and two designers so it's not a huge resource drain.  As much as we'd like to make another free micro-niche title we have to bring it in somewhere of course.  In two years we've enjoyed a pretty miniscule annual upkeep mainly because we are not primarily a game developer. Instead we occasionally assign small niche projects like this to small specialized teams and let everyone else work on everything else internally.

That said we typically assign game projects based on how well they fit our particular brand of humor as opposed to how much they can make because that can be an uphill battle across the board which usually ends in abandonware. It is common and our practice to view sales as the deciding factor when it comes to sequels although uncommonly we do tend to continue supporting software so long as it has an audience of any scale which usually evens out development cost for us in the long run.  What we can absolutely promise is a $2 or less price point upon release.

Probably not the best place to advertise, most discussion will be reserved.  At the very least, this doesn't look like an actual pr0n game, if you know what I mean.  Which puts it in toeing the line territory I reckon.  Unless you do have actual pr0n hiding somewhere.  (I didn't look too hard.)  Then... yea...  Not the place to be.

Well we didn't want to end up like Lula 3D by using Unreal Engine or something which probably would have been hilarious but filled with DOA physics and really bad writing.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:56:59 pm by OLJoy »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 08:03:45 pm »

This reminds me a little of Rock Star Ate My Hamster. Both in (general) theme and mechanics.
Was it an inspiration at all or is it just convergent evolution?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8