Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: [SG] Close Combat: Road to Gibalt - Assault at Daybreak  (Read 12878 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Close Combat: Road to Gibalt
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 08:19:59 pm »

Yo, !!FUN!!-brigade, you all are liable for any and all bullshit that occurs henceforth.

A 6-4 vote is a victory of course, but I wanted to get that out of the way before we start playing. I choose Normal because I was fine with us getting fucked at some point, but I at least wanted it to be our fault to some degree.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:35 pm »

No use crying over spilled milk.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 08:33:33 pm »

People are going to die over this. People with families, with children. That's all that's up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 08:38:55 pm »

^
/ \
\ /
 |
 |
 |
 |
/ \

/RPGsignifyingagreement
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »

People are going to die over this. People with families, with children. That's all that's up.
I voted for normal, I'm just saying there's no use whining because we didn't get our way.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 09:05:06 pm »

I voted for normal, I'm just saying there's no use whining because we didn't get our way.

[[Immersion tho.]]

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 09:11:43 pm »

((When you raise a fuss over an OOC decision, even if couched in IC terms, it breaks immersion.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 09:19:17 pm »

Y'all settle down now. If you wanted realism then !!FUN!! was the right choice. You'll have to make sacrifices. Normal is more akin to a Fire Emblem playthrough. Keeping all your characters alive is possible, but somewhat challenging. !!FUN!! is real war, in real war men die and are replaced.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:21:08 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 09:25:42 pm »

Aight.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 09:52:31 pm »

PTW, and going with Hardcore/!!FUN!!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 01:34:08 am »

((When you raise a fuss over an OOC decision, even if couched in IC terms, it breaks immersion.))

((Though, what if the OOC decision is interpreted as an IC decision?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 03:31:29 am »

I'm reminded, as I write up the unit types, that I need a pool of names for soldiers on each side! For those who want to contribute names: nothing silly, they can be fake-ish but I'd prefer that they stay on the side of realism. All of them should be male, they may be first and last names but I'll only assign each man one full word. Next to each nation is it's real-life language equivalent as a guideline.

Londlars - Anglo/French
Cameron
Magris
Caulin
Leon

Hauzland - Germanic
Nast
Spreckel
Schulst
Kaufmann

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 05:49:52 am »

Operation Architect
Day 1 - Battle 1
20th Day of the 1st Month, U.C. 0090
Near Arnho

The 4th Airborne land in Southern Hauzland more than two weeks after war was officially declared by Londlars. The 1st Cavalry Battalion make their landings at Drop Zones K, N and M, and regroup uncontested. Other Battalions aren't so lucky, and reportedly nearly an entire company of Ziekden Knights are cut off before the Grave rail bridge. Lieutenant Colonel Rhodeschild establishes a temporary HQ and overviews the situation with his subordinates. Meanwhile 1st Company scouts commanded by Captain Solymr recon the town of Arnho and confirm a militia presence. They retreat under enemy machine gun fire before they can fully assess the enemy's strength, though one of his squads successfully identified a light artillery piece, likely a 20mm.

1st Company commanded by Major Haspen has already succeeded a stealthy approach along the coastal road and forestall their assault while forward elements from the 2nd of Major Reverie make their final sprint towards the landward side of the town to support. All groups are avoiding the dual highways that connect Arnho to the crossroads some kilometers north at Sirham. Major Wolfshire's 3rd Company are hard at work assembling their assault balloons, and don't expect to be ready in time for the attack.

Spoiler: Overlay, Full Size (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ^Full Size^ (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legend (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules of Deployment (click to show/hide)

Battlegroup 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlegroup 2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Force Group Deployment Points: 200
1st Battalion Cavalry Knights Pool 552 Troops Total
[UNIT TYPE (UNIT COST)]
Spoiler: Main Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Support Units (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:58:57 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 09:14:52 am »

((Though, what if the OOC decision is interpreted as an IC decision?))
Well then, You've just volunteered for a very difficult mission, son.  Your country thanks you. We'll... uh, just send that medal to your family, it's easier on the postal service that way.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 09:20:26 am »

((Just to clarify, a few of my posts in this game may have come from an entirely not sober TCM. The way I saw it was that voting for the varying levels of difficulty was actual an IC decision, like for example, George Bush and the military decided that they'd ramp up the difficulty level for war during the invasion and occupation of Iraq back in '03. So I thought I was pretty smart at the time. Also, I thought the Lollards would win because of their massive froggy powers.

With that out of the way, I'll begin formulating strategy. ))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8