Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do?

Revive the game as it was!
- 5 (62.5%)
Restart the game!
- 3 (37.5%)
Let the stupid game die already! JUST LET IT GOOOOOOOO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Echo of Cthulhu: OOC *HERBERT WEST WAZ HERE?*  (Read 14911 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Echo of Cthulhu: Interest check and Pregame Stuff
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2014, 04:54:21 pm »

Seeing as you spelled Tntey different three times, amazing.

Seriously though, I love it!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2014, 04:55:31 pm »

Grab the box, use it as a hostage while taking aim at Prophet.
(I feel terrible for doing this, but I can eat buckshot-saturated ice cream.)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2014, 04:56:51 pm »

((Damn it Fniff don't bring innocents into this!))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2014, 05:00:52 pm »

Bigger modifiers!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2014, 05:05:05 pm »

(Prophit rolled for fist, Fniff for last. Might not even get to use the hostage, if he is unlucky!)

With the gun still poking out from behind the door, Prophit pumps it and fires, taking a bit more time to aim properly (-10 roll 70=80, massive failure!). The shot crashes against the freezer wall, causing it to leek a deep red liquid from the gaping hole. Meanwhile, Fniff jumps from behind cover toward the box and picks it up, throwing the hand off as he tucks it under his shirt where he may keep it hostage while keeping his hands open. He than takes the time to actually aim at his enemy (+20 bonus to attack!)

Another thing I would like to see is some kind of bonus for skill or experience. Right now, a child could take out a special forces officer just as easily as the other way around.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2014, 05:07:41 pm »

Could we have skills with special modifiers?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2014, 05:09:38 pm »

Stay behind cover as much as possible while shooting at Fniff.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »

(Maybe perks as well? So the special forces officer could have abilities like clinch hold or combat roll that mean that a child doesn't have much of a chance against them except through dumb luck. Like in real life!)
Fire while dodging.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2014, 05:53:49 pm »

Seems good, when can we start?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:19 pm »

Fniff tries to dodge a shotgun blast with a wild movement, making both hits more difficult (-5 each). He then makes the first move, shooting while carefully aiming. (-5+20-73=58, another near miss) Sparks shoot up along the door as the lead impacts, but Profit feels none of it. Even further behind the cover now, the barrel peaking out from behind the door sprays lead towards the moving Fniff (-5 +22=27, a hit)(1d10=1 1d5=4. 4 shock damage). Luckily, Fniff moved just in time, as the shot crashes through half an inch to where his head just was. He is a bit shaken, but his luck has been holding out.

I am fine with Perks too, though they wouldn't be all too different than skills...

Also, I am trying to come up with a wording on the last post that makes it sound more like a lucky moment and less like bullet time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:11:51 pm by Stirk »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2014, 06:12:27 pm »

Stay behind cover as much as possible while shooting at Fniff again!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »

Duck by the door, shove the shotgun around the corner, fire. Then rush in with the ice cream box and brain him with it.
(It's always the ones that love you that hurt you, PROPHET.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2014, 06:26:09 pm »

(I think you are getting the rolls backwards.

The D5 is lethal, the d10 is shock. 

so much blood...what have I done...))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:27:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2014, 06:31:32 pm »

Again, Fniff goes first, rushing at the door along the side of the wall where Prophet doesn't have a good shot. He then puts his own shotgun on the other side of the door. For what seems like an eternity, you both point your shotguns at each other's heads with a steel structure between you to. In reality, it took less than a second for Fniff to make his shot. (-15 quick movement, negating the normal cover, +20 from point blank. 58 roll=53! Close miss) It goes inches above Prophet's head, not even spooking him. Close behind was the second shot from Prophet himself (+20 roll 49=29. Hit)(1d10=10 1d5=2 20 Lethal), aiming instead too much to his right, hitting Fniff along his left side including transforming his arm into a bloody pulp.

As a side note, I was purposefully ignoring wound penalties because this is just a trial and they would have just been 3 to 4 points from the shock. In a real game, I would keep track of them and add them as time went on. For this one, I won't ignore it, because it is a huge game changer.

The D5 is lethal, the d10 is shock. 

I thought the way you said it was that each weapon was "either primarily lethal or primarily shock". I just kind of assumed that shotguns would be primarily lethal, making the larger dice the lethal one. Something like a monster attack would be primarily shock and the dices would be reversed. Of course, I guess that *would* stop poor Tytney from getting decapitated so quickly, but for some reason that seems to be pretty rare and he just got unlucky.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2014, 06:33:47 pm »

) :
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27