Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do?

Revive the game as it was!
- 5 (62.5%)
Restart the game!
- 3 (37.5%)
Let the stupid game die already! JUST LET IT GOOOOOOOO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Echo of Cthulhu: OOC *HERBERT WEST WAZ HERE?*  (Read 14898 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Echo of Cthulhu: Interest check and Pregame Stuff
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 08:31:52 pm »

Low tier Magic does not cause insanity but is necessary to ward sleeping areas so you don't come home to an Eldritch Boner Beast.

High tier magic might cause bad things to happen.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 08:34:38 pm »

I hope you guys realise that if there is magic I'll learn it even if I have to beg at the cultists feet or it drives me to insanity. Why because I like magic. Plus insane magic users are always fun.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »

And I think it should be something like Arma or... Oh, brain zap! Shadow of Chernobyl. I think that was pretty good.

Not much a gamer myself, never played it unfortunately.

For monsters, take a look at SoultoCall That's pretty much this but webcomic form. Might give you some ideas~

*Raises fist to the air* WHY DOES SOMEONE ALWAYS STEAL ALL MY IDEAS BEFORE I CAN USE THEM!

While we are talking about it, another important part is the setting. Most important part is probably the time period. How long has it been since civilization was destroyed? Did you all live through it? Did you parents? Was it a thousand years ago? Does the game take place in a destroyed city? A walled off town attempting to rebuild? A Vietnam-style hiding hole? How much knowlage was retained? Do we still have books that survived? Are they all in the hands of cultists? Do useful things like medicine exist? Or did we forget everything but how to make gunpowder?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »

I would prefer recent like we where there for the beginning of the end or our parents where. I think the city would be cool. Then maybe we can settle and rebuild later on? I hope books are around. Medicine will probably be needed. I don't think the cultist would be able to find all the books would they?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »

This sounds interesting.
For setting... perhaps for extra fucked-upness, have the characters start as kids during the initial apocalypse then skip forward to adulthood. This also provides a reason for why we would want to stick together: we did survive the apocalypse together, after all.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 10:15:59 pm »

That sounds cool. I like Fniff's idea. +1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 10:20:59 pm »

I like it also~

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:56 pm »

Plus it kinda reminds me of how Zal started GoD out. I liked playing in GoD so hopefully good luck or something well transfer over to this. Because this sounds interesting and I want to see it last for a long time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:24:53 pm by Prophet »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:27 pm »

I'm afraid I'm either not recalling or haven't heard of GoD. I actually based it slightly off Hell MOO's tutorial, which is one of the best I've ever played, simply because of the way it's presented. Not the NSFW stuff.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 10:26:16 pm »

It was a RPG game me and Kevak played in. Also boulderharem.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:39 pm »

I would prefer recent like we where there for the beginning of the end or our parents where. I think the city would be cool. Then maybe we can settle and rebuild later on? I hope books are around. Medicine will probably be needed. I don't think the cultist would be able to find all the books would they?

The cultist thing was more for far-future. Cults are irreversibly linked with books in Lovecraft, after all. If it is close enough for libraries and such to not all be destroyed completely, there will be plenty of other ways to get books. As for the medicine, if we go hyper-realistic than a bad wound will probably take you out for months if not a life time. We would have to add some kind of break, or find something for injured players to do.

This sounds interesting.
For setting... perhaps for extra fucked-upness, have the characters start as kids during the initial apocalypse then skip forward to adulthood. This also provides a reason for why we would want to stick together: we did survive the apocalypse together, after all.

Sounds like people like this. It will be a fine place to start.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:24 pm »

Or, we don't go hyper realistic with the medicine. Remember fun>realism.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:58 pm »

kj was also in GoD. BOULDERHAREM!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 10:35:55 pm »

BOULDERHAREM!!!!!!

Also, PTW and may consider participating. Sounds super interesting so far.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:20 pm »

About the medicine thing. How about after the apocalypse magical cures are more common... but they have a cost of sanity?
So you trade sanity for health.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27