Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do?

Revive the game as it was!
- 5 (62.5%)
Restart the game!
- 3 (37.5%)
Let the stupid game die already! JUST LET IT GOOOOOOOO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Echo of Cthulhu: OOC *HERBERT WEST WAZ HERE?*  (Read 14897 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Echo of Cthulhu: Interest check and Pregame Stuff
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2014, 03:31:04 pm »

So what your saying is that every time we go into combat there is a good chance that one or all of us is going to die pretty fast right? Well either us or the enemy.

Yeah?

Better make sure the odds are in your favor. Most Cthulhu-era heroes don't get out alive, or sane, and these are not the sorts of stories that have happy endings. If the Heroes win-IF-all they've done is buy the world one more day, and more likely as not noone will ever know what they did-or if they do, will revile them in ignorance of their sacrifice. All ultimately pyrrhic victories, against forces vast and merciless, unknowable and unstoppable...

It's pretty much core Lovecraft, right there.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2014, 03:32:56 pm »

That does sound like something that would happen in a thread with Cthulhu in the title. I like it.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2014, 03:50:28 pm »

It would be interesting to test it out here. Anyone want to do a quick Prototype match on this post using these rules?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2014, 03:52:26 pm »

I'll do it!!!! *Waves both arms!* Pick me! Pick me!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2014, 03:58:13 pm »

Would it be more fun between players? If so, I volunteer. Also, I have an idea for weapons based off this. I'm just making a list of traits that could be used for weapons, give me a sec. Oh, and if you want to really get into items, check out the generators in my sig.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2014, 03:58:39 pm »

No, PICK MEEEEEE! Also, when can we expect to get an OOC?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2014, 04:01:17 pm »

I would prefer something more rpcentric rather then lethal.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2014, 04:11:35 pm »

Would it be more fun between players? If so, I volunteer. Also, I have an idea for weapons based off this. I'm just making a list of traits that could be used for weapons, give me a sec. Oh, and if you want to really get into items, check out the generators in my sig.

Having it between players is a great idea! It lets more people test. Not a fan of the weapons, though, they just don't seem...cool enough. Who would use such a thing against something already really deadly? You would be better of dropping them and running, which you will do plenty of anyway.

No, PICK MEEEEEE! Also, when can we expect to get an OOC?

This thread is the OOC. Well, it is close enough. It will magically transform into one when the game starts.
----------

12:00

In a dark room in the abandoned basement of a hotel, the group of Prophet, Fniff, and Tntey carefully walk along with their Benelli M9 shotguns at the ready. The sound of slowly dripping water in the darkness is the only thing that can heard as you reach your destination. A rusted door to a freezer room lies in front of you. One of you carefully opens it, sending out a wave of cool air and a sliver of light in the darkness.

Obviously human corpses hang from the meat hooks, eternally dripping blood at the exact same pace the water was, leaving the permafrost below them looking like a cherry snow cone. But that isn't what you where here for....

In a corner of the room, under a severed hand, was a box. In that box was your objective: The last box of ice cream on the planet. You immediately felt that your companions would betray you immediately for the freezer-burnt goodness, and jump into combat against them.

What do you do now?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2014, 04:17:49 pm »

Having it between players is a great idea! It lets more people test. Not a fan of the weapons, though, they just don't seem...cool enough. Who would use such a thing against something already really deadly? You would be better of dropping them and running, which you will do plenty of anyway.
Well, if we're going with the theme we've got going here, if you try to kill Lovecraftian horrors, you're stupid and probably would die even if you had the best weapons in the land. These weapons would probably be solely restricted to beating the shit out of other humans to steal their cans of beans. Besides, what better way to show the contrast between the players and their enemy by having us be shown incomprehensible horrors made out of radio parts and teeth who are able to reduce tanks to smoking wrecks just by thinking about it too hard, then giving us a sock stuffed with roofing nails and being told "Hey, guess what, this thing wants you dead, here's your weapon."

What do you do now?
Jump behind the human corpses and blast anyone who tries to run past me to get to the ice cream.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2014, 04:20:46 pm »

Take cover behind the door and then shoot at Fniff.

((Just so you guys know I don't think ice cream would be worth your lives so when the game starts you won't have to worry about me going murderer berserk over ice cream.))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 04:22:43 pm by Prophet »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2014, 04:22:59 pm »

Drop to the floor, shotgun spray everywhere
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:05 pm »

((Just so you guys know I don't think ice cream would be worth your lives so when the game starts you won't have to worry about me going murderer berserk over ice cream.))
(I do, so look out for that. Luckily, after the apocalypse, it's most likely all melted.
Oh shit, is that the twist? O_O)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2014, 04:28:18 pm »

((Fniff goes insane from lack of ice cream! Best plot twist ever.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2014, 04:47:07 pm »

Feeling the immediate tensions, everyone immediately jumps to cover and prepares to shoot each other (+5 Prone Ttney ++5 attack, +10 Fniff for corpse concealment, +15 for thick steel door. Numbers all sound fair to everyone?). Everyone fires their prepared guns, right after jumping to cover without taking time to properly aim (-15. Can't hit nothin like that without luck or skill!). (I rolled a dice three times to check order in the order you posted. Tntey first, Prophet last, Fniff second). Tytey begins wildly shooting off his prepared shotgun, causing the other two to retreat further behind the cover they took (+5-15 Roll 21=31, a pass. No specific target, so I treated it like suppressing fire. I decided to roll 1d5 shock without a multiplier, rolling once for each of you and getting two 3s meaning you are rather effected. Both of you receive an additional -5 penalty) Meanwhile, Fniff sees Tntey closest to the ice cream, and proceeds to blast away from the hip. (-15-5+1. Yep, you should probably get critical effect of some kind, from rolling a 1.=19) The blast removes Tytney's head, the sound of the gunshot echoing with the sound of cracking flesh. Lucky everyone has earplugs, or you would all have gone def or mad. (1d10=6 lethal, 1d5=5 shock. 5*6=30 lethal he is dead). Profit finally acts, peeking the shotgun around the door to blast Fniff. (32-15-5=52, a near miss), it sprays blood as the corpse hood swings back and forth, but it doesn't pearce to Fniff.

What do you guys think so far? I don't really like the 50/50 nature of it, if I added better/more/bigger modifiers than I did now it would probably work out better.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »

Shoot at Fniff from behind cover again.

((I didn't understand any of that roll talk so do what you think is best. Why can I never understand any of the roll talks.  :'( ))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27