Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do?

Revive the game as it was!
- 5 (62.5%)
Restart the game!
- 3 (37.5%)
Let the stupid game die already! JUST LET IT GOOOOOOOO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Echo of Cthulhu: OOC *HERBERT WEST WAZ HERE?*  (Read 14923 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Echo of Cthulhu: Interest check and Pregame Stuff
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2014, 01:57:10 am »

Well, people forget the original eldritch stemmed from a fear of the ocean. So you would be looking for scales, gills, fishy eyes, stuff like that.
You were saying?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2014, 05:18:27 pm »

Well, people forget the original eldritch stemmed from a fear of the ocean. So you would be looking for scales, gills, fishy eyes, stuff like that.

A lot of them did, though not all of Lovecraft's work had scales had something to do with the ocean.

What if I like tentacles? Plus I would probably be pretty unstable to begin with to even start using magic. If we go with becoming more eldritch if you use strong then I should hopefully become more sane. You would have to start using strong magic to even start becoming eldritch so I haven't even put thought into making magic stronger the more eldritch you become that's a pretty cool idea though.

So you think that using mind-bending magic that transforms you into a monster should make you MORE sane?

Besides, I would probably end up making you more Goatish just to spite you. Magic never gives you what you really want, even if that is tentacle.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2014, 05:20:35 pm »

Cool! Do I get horns that would be awesome!?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2014, 05:22:54 pm »

Cool! Do I get horns that would be awesome!?

No. Just elongated ears. You will look exactly like Wilbur.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2014, 05:26:24 pm »

How about when you mutate, you first get all the shittiest parts of sea creatures and the like? Along with a few mistakes. Congratulations. You've mutated and now you have lidless eyes, meaning you can no longer blink. But you've got tentacles, too! Growing into your lungs.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2014, 05:29:48 pm »

Elongated ears sounds cool. Yay! I can be even more creepy then I was before with lidless eyes! Tentacles even inside tentacles are awesome.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2014, 05:31:25 pm »

Why not have it you need to be a certain level of insane to cast spells, but casting makes you more sane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2014, 05:31:48 pm »

Elongated ears sounds cool. Yay! I can be even more creepy then I was before with lidless eyes! Tentacles even inside tentacles are awesome.

You know what? You turn into a cat. Not a humanoid cat, just a cat. Lovecraft liked cats.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2014, 05:32:41 pm »

You know what? You turn into a cat. Not a humanoid cat, just a cat. Lovecraft liked cats.
Yes.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2014, 05:39:52 pm »

OK. That's cool too.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2014, 05:41:02 pm »

I would like to suggest making him a blobfish.
Take a closer look at this text!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2014, 05:44:35 pm »

I would like to suggest making him a blobfish.

Somehow, I don't think he will mind....

OK. That's cool too.

Grrrrr *flips through notes* then you will be transformed into...A RACIST CARICATURE FROM THE 20s! How do you like that? You have the options of choosing your favorite old-timey stereotype to become. How do you like that? And if you have no problem transforming into blackface, I don't think I am capable of making this game even a little bit horror related compared to you.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2014, 05:56:13 pm »

There is nothing that you can turn me into that will faze me. I'll just learn to deal with it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2014, 05:58:14 pm »

Spoiler: Reminder (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2014, 06:09:04 pm »

Because our players are A BUNCH OF CREEPS, kidding here's one solution.

You don't have a mana meter. You can cast as many spells as you want... but there is a soft limit that isn't precisely stated. You can go above this limit, but some of your rolls may get "tainted" with magic. That means that a success is basically the same as a regular fail. It's not your incompetence that causes it, however. Instead, fluff-wise it's simply that the objects involved (or even if things get really bad the laws of physics involved) don't work as they should. Guns don't ignite the powder, flint doesn't cause a spark, balls fall to the ground and don't bounce, etc. And if it fails... Oh dear. The gunpowder explodes in your hand. The flint sets your hands on fire. The ball bounces back and hits you in the face.

Explanation? Well, the forces in charge of magic notice that you're taking in a lot more magic then you should. As a result, they contact the forces in charge of physics and tell them to kick your ass until you stop casting spells.

And if you keep going above the limit? ... Well, look, you're directly antagonizing incomprehensible forces who are not just amazing at magic, they own it. Meanwhile, you are an extremely arrogant wizard. What do you think is going to happen?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27