Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do?

Revive the game as it was!
- 5 (62.5%)
Restart the game!
- 3 (37.5%)
Let the stupid game die already! JUST LET IT GOOOOOOOO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Echo of Cthulhu: OOC *HERBERT WEST WAZ HERE?*  (Read 14919 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Echo of Cthulhu: Interest check and Pregame Stuff
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2014, 04:35:20 pm »

I like it too.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2014, 12:47:32 pm »

Exam today, and should probably get back to studying. But I would like to ask what you guys think of the suggested magic rules, and if you have any other ideas for it. If we have a mage-style guy, we should probably have good rules for it, and the magic guy should have some input on the subject.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2014, 12:56:29 pm »

I think that big magics should do damage as well as sanity damage. For cultists and players. It's only fair after all.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2014, 03:27:35 pm »

More powerful magic should probably have some effect on magic users mentally and more then likely physically that doesn't mean it has to be damage. Damage could be a possibility though.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2014, 10:55:39 pm »

I think that big magics should do damage as well as sanity damage. For cultists and players. It's only fair after all.

That is a good idea, though it doesn't really matter if Cultists go insane right now. What would it change :-\?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2014, 11:22:32 pm »

That is a good idea, though it doesn't really matter if Cultists go insane right now. What would it change :-\?

Maybe they could GAIN sanity.  :P

Although that would actually be amusing to see now that I think about it.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2014, 12:25:32 am »

We could think about making long time magic users grow a few tentacles? Just to make them look ugly or awesome kind of depends on what you think of tentacles. Any other ideas on how magic could affect the body longterm? Gaining sanity from magic in a game with insane magic using cultists is amusing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:27:42 am by Prophet »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2014, 12:30:53 am »

Tentacles that flail randomly and uncontrollably when you have a strong emotion~

Like an Eldrich mood ring~!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2014, 12:45:30 am »

I just had a idea what if the long time use of really strong magic made you more and more Eldritch? There for the more eldritch you are the less eldritch stuff makes you insane. Plus the stronger magic user leaders of the cults could organize the cult by how strong of magic your allowed to use?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:47:18 am by Prophet »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2014, 01:03:58 am »

Well, people forget the original eldritch stemmed from a fear of the ocean. So you would be looking for scales, gills, fishy eyes, stuff like that.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2014, 01:07:54 am »

That sounds kinda cool. Bow before your space god worshipping fish-man thingy overlord!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2014, 01:13:02 am »

I just had a idea what if the long time use of really strong magic made you more and more Eldritch? There for the more eldritch you are the less eldritch stuff makes you insane. Plus the stronger magic user leaders of the cults could organize the cult by how strong of magic your allowed to use?

That might be interesting, but it wouldn't be something I would want to do for player characters. Becoming more eldrich is generally a very, very bad thing, no matter how you look at it. It shouldn't be a goal.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2014, 01:18:54 am »

That might be interesting, but it wouldn't be something I would want to do for player characters. Becoming more eldrich is generally a very, very bad thing, no matter how you look at it. It shouldn't be a goal.

Awwwwwww but why? I wouldn't cannibalize you in your sleep or anything.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2014, 01:43:59 am »

Awwwwwww but why? I wouldn't cannibalize you in your sleep or anything.

Your reactions to sprouting a new tentacle in this game should be more "HOLY CTHULHU IM GOINA DIE OR SOMETHING HELP HELP!" not "Yay! Now I can use more powerful magic!"

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2014, 01:55:04 am »

What if I like tentacles? Plus I would probably be pretty unstable to begin with to even start using magic. If we go with becoming more eldritch if you use strong then I should hopefully become more sane. You would have to start using strong magic to even start becoming eldritch so I haven't even put thought into making magic stronger the more eldritch you become that's a pretty cool idea though.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27