Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Today I accidentally did some !!Science!! involving ressurecting dorfs...  (Read 4702 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Today I accidentally did some !!Science!! involving ressurecting dorfs...
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2014, 08:49:48 am »

With gui/gm-editor which can really screw things up so besides the warning it includes, I'll suggest being careful playing with it, but yeah, once it's open I think it's in flags 1 or flags 2, and then the death cause/id and unconscious state should be set to -1 as well.

Incidentally, I'm heading to bed but just before I was about to save and shut the game down I thought to check the justice screen...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wonder if the universe would implode or I'd just get a normal riot if I tried to convict Nish for both of her murders?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2014, 05:14:25 pm »

I think you're contractually obligated to try.

Jesus hell, this is amazing.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 06:30:07 pm »

Well, that went about like I expected... for the most part.
Everyone was outraged about this of course.
I realized I hadn't checked the steel artifact axe I had Nish dual wielding along with the crossbow made of her own bones... and found that the elf she killed with it was KILLED BY HER GHOSTLY SELF SOMEHOW....
Wait what? The Ghostly Axe Lord stands up?
Oh sheeeit...
*checks unit list, goes to follow Nish on her ghostly rampage*
....this is not what I expected at all. I have the weirdest boner right now.

Hmmm, let's see how the tantrum spiralfail is going, maybe if I chain that zombie ewe wool up in the party room it'll help.
Nope...
Seriously?
Hmmm, as you can see the last two artifacts are ecstatic, everyone else is pissed but for some reason not actually tantrumspamming me yet... royal bedrooms and wonderful engravings everywhere help a lot apparently.

I wonder if I can bring Nish back as a zombie...
NISH YOU ARE THE WORST ZOMBIE EVER, NOT EVEN EATING PEOPLE? COME ON!
The cold cases list keeps getting weirder.

...after making it to autumn (glad I made a backup save >.>) I still had no full on tantrums so I said screw it and pulled the FTW levers.... all of them.
It finally crashed just after the last screenshot.

So yeah, the old corpses wouldn't reanimate because ghostly nish was waaaaayyyyy off the map but active (pos was like 56, -27856, 36?) but when I reanimated as a zombie and moved to 56, 1, 36 she just headed back in like nothing happened, though her thoughts said "sustained major injuries recently" from before her death, so that's interesting. I put her back in charge of her squad and then said screw it all and uncorked the magma for the party.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:34:18 pm by Max™ »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2014, 08:28:21 pm »

I imagine after being killed, brought back from the dead, then blamed for her own murder several times, Nish charged for the lava release lever screaming "MAKE IT STOP!!!!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 08:33:42 pm »

She was one of the happiest dorfs alive(?) at the time, only the two most recent artfact creators had her beat, but she didn't seem to be concerned about her prior convictions for her own murder(s).
Pages: 1 2 [3]