Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: On Colonies, Natives, Freedom and Trade - a colony/fortress [ISG]+[10/10]  (Read 3523 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

The government is recruiting brave men and women to the colonies!
No experience needed!
All walks of life welcome!
Literacy and leadership skills expected

Applicants please fill in this form.
Spoiler: Application form (click to show/hide)

The government will select the most suitable candidates for this venture. - in reality: the best 5 applications will come in to lead this colony.

In addition, all applicants or not, please give suggestion for the following:

Location of the new colony: Pioneers have identified 3 locations:
1. Between foothills and a navigable river.
2. By a spring near a mountain pass. Need transshipment to the coast
3. On dry grassland/steppes and along a popular trade route. Along a non-navigable river.
You will receive supplies and transportation according to your selected location.

Your race: Perhaps crucially, we don't even know what kind of stock you are. You have a few choices here:
Human/Dwarves/Goblins/Half-elves/Halflings/Dragonkins

Tech level is late renaissance to early modern. Firearms are there, but not really reliable.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:50:44 am by evilcherry »

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: On Colonies, Natives, Freedom and Trade - a colony/fortress [ISG]+[0/5]
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:48 am »

PTW

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:33:04 am »

Name: Urist Mc Licklust
Sex: Male
Profession: Professional Hunter
Basic description: A regular sized dwarf with a bald head and as long red beard.
Your virtue: Patience
Your vice: envy
Reason to leave for the colonies: The government was starting to get wind of the creation of cat bombs.
One item in your personal hold which can be conceivably taken to the colonies: A crowsbow with a leather quiver and 16 iron bolts.

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 07:12:02 am »

Name: Celva Brassthrons
Sex: Female (Dwarf, no beard)
Profession: Professional Creator/Crafter (Builder/Crafter/Basically does a lot with stone and mining/material gathering for materials?)
Basic description: Celva is slightly shorter than average. Her short ponytailed hair is brown, as are her eyes.
Your virtue:  diligence
Your vice: pride
Reason to leave for the colonies: The promise of work, creation, and trade opportunities with potential to advance her career and maybe lead. A chance to show how good she is and that she can be the best. She tends to overbuild things.
One item in your personal hold which can be conceivably taken to the colonies. Professional Crafttools and drafting equipment/plans and planning equipment to make working easier.

Please Note: Material Flexibility? I'm pretty much trying to craft you buildings/items, etc out of ... some material: mining/stone, /woodcutting/wood, leather, cloth mech/metal, I don't know. Would it be possible to tailor the materials I use so that it is available where we embark or so that I have more than one or something? No reason to go somewhere if your preferred material isn't available. Wouldn't want to be a great stoneworker in the middle of the plains where there is no stone. Wouldn't want to be a woodworker where there are no trees, or a leatherworker where there are no hides. Pretty much, give me something to work with and I'll try to make some interesting building/item descriptions for you with long term production hopes. Not necessarily a defenseless character, but a creator with the potential to grow in trade and building? If that doesn't work then I could play a more combat oriented one if you like, and that depends on what you're going for in this game.

TLDR: Basically I'll play a support/building character to supply the others and it can be nearly any profession that works for the area and needs of the group. I just want to make sure I have options/things to do and that'll be fun if you ask me.

Please advise.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:24:30 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:54 am »

Please note:

Location of the new colony: Pioneers have identified 3 locations:
1. Between foothills and a navigable river.
2. By a spring near a mountain pass. Need transshipment to the coast
3. On dry grassland/steppes and along a popular trade route. Along a non-navigable river.
You will receive supplies and transportation according to your selected location.

Of course you might prefer to choose another if you fancy. You might tailor your choices accordingly.

Basically you will have reasonably access to wood and stone. Everything else will vary by a bit. Whether reasonable is acceptable is your call.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:50:25 am »

ISG means Illustrated suggestion game Truean. Pretty much means there's images to go along with the turns

Name: Voryst Drasech
Sex: Male
Profession: Architect/Builder
Race/species: Goblin

Basic description: Voryst's skin is a green-grey blended hue, which seems to clash somewhat with his stark, purple short hair. His build is rather lean, with his frame somewhat lacking in fat and muscle. The iris' of his eyes are a dark red

Your virtue: Temperance
Your vice: Wrath

Reason to leave for the colonies: Officially, Voryst came to the colonies to help guide and construct the multitude of buildings that it would need, and Voryst's designs, being elegant yet spartan were the ones chosen for the colony. Unofficially, he happens to be running fro the aftermath of striking a few important personage's within the homeland, forcing him to move to the colonies to avoid retribution.

One item in your personal hold which can be conceivably taken to the colonies: A book on the various types of buildings and other constructions.

Colony Votes:
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 09:00:06 am »

Name:Alfred Fontaine
Sex:Male
Profession:Former noble, managerial experience
Basic description:Tall, thin and pale with blonde hair. Prone to looking down on people, both literally and metaphorically.
Your virtue: Patience
Your vice:Pride
Reason to leave for the colonies:Gave his actual opinion of the king, got reassigned to the middle of nowhere
One item in your personal hold which can be conceivably taken to the colonies: Decorated and engraved flintlock pistol

+1 to location 1

Edit: Race: human

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:46:53 am by MikaTheCrazy »
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 09:24:53 am »

Name: Sir Alexander Louis Kriegsmann-Knightley
Sex:Male
Profession: Officer
Basic description: Tall, broad shouldered and with straight military posture. His short brown hair seems to have been pulled through his nose to form a truly massive mustache.
Your virtue: Diligence
Your vice: Wroth
Reason to leave for the colonies: There's not enough things to kill in the Metropoly anymore (it's all diplomacy now, and international war conduct agreements. Ridiculous.) This colony business sound like it might be different.
One item in your personal hold which can be conceivably taken to the colonies: Dovakeen is not an "item", you moppus, it's a perfectly bred carni-horse. Now stop gawking at it and let me board the ship.
Race: Dragonkin.

location choice: steppe.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 09:33:38 am »

@_@ Trueaaaan~ :D

Also omg ISG colony we get to apply O__O
This reminds me of EvilLincoln an-
...your usernames both have the 'evil' prefix. :P

ISG = internet suggestion game?
Illustrated Suggestion Game :3
So we'll be facing at least one (1) picture by the GM!
These games are usually popular in this board due to the universal appreciation for art everyone has. Just like how everyone appreciates music :P

Name: Amelia Tenrin
Sex: Female [Human]
Profession: An Explorer/Surveyor with a past history of myriad experiences: notably experienced in general knowledge.
Basic description:
Your virtue: Humility
Your vice: Lust
Reason to leave for the colonies: In brevity: The Spirit of Adventure
One item in your personal hold which can be conceivably taken to the colonies:[editing]
Surveying and Navigational equipment (ie a Sextant and knowledge how to use it), and/or a long length of rope.

TLDR: Basically I'll play a support/building character to supply the others and it can be nearly any profession that works for the area and needs of the group. I just want to make sure I have options/things to do and that'll be fun if you ask me.
This too :3
I'm willing to draw my own maps for this if the GM is willing (and if I'm a character in here :P )

Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Ohgods.
Is this first come first serve o_O

Edit: Do we know beforehand what we'll get as per location mentioned?
I'd like near any active watersource (ie River) due to its utility and general potential, and near a bountiful area for food (ie a Forest, non-tropical [due to heat reasons]).

Doubleedit:
Tech level is late renaissance to early modern. Firearms are there, but not really reliable.
GAH.
Well...the profession stays, but the item has to be changed. :X Edited to move the idea down here because I thought this would be futuristic.

I discovered this before this post happened. Mmph. :-\
Hasty reading here.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:03:13 pm by Tiruin »

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:38:02 am »

Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:31 am »

Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Ohgods.
Is this first come first serve? o_O
the best 5 applications will come in to lead this colony.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:20:10 am »

Preproduction image of Urist. Wears a tunic and holds a crossbow below his palm like a sword.
Not indicative of final image quality, and definitely do not mean that the rest of the game will be in SD proportions.

(No, no hard copy drafts again forever.)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 12:04:48 pm »

Name: Adil Onalare, "Adil Mountainseed"
Sex: Female
Profession: Clothier
Race: Half-Elf (the other half is dwarf)
Basic description: She's about the size of a short human, and is often mistaken for a human at a distance. She's in her thirties but looks younger due to her elven longevity. She has long, straight copper hair and medium-length sideburns. She wears a worn blue poncho over her clothes, which she made herself in the style of some humans she once met. She has a large scar on her upper right arm, but she always keeps it covered so few people know about it.
Your virtue: Kindness
Your vice: Lust
Reason to leave for the colonies: Five years ago, Adil returned to the mountainhomes after wandering the world and never finding somewhere she could stay for long. She moved back in with her dwarf mother and got a menial job reaching things on high shelves for nobles. After a couple years someone noticed her talent at knitting and she picked up an apprenticeship as a second job and moved into a modest apartment. She's hardly made any progress since then and has given up trying to find her place in the world - she's leaving for the colonies to try and make a place for herself.
One item in your personal hold which can be conceivably taken to the colonies: an intricate puzzle-box from a distant land that she's never opened

Location 3

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 12:39:30 pm »

Location, As a dwarf, I'd favor mountains, but that's not happening, so:

Preference for location 1, Between foothills and a navigable river.

A goblin and a dwarf or two in the same area, and both trying to build .... This could be interesting, by which I mean we're probably gonna butt heads over who should build what, etc and who knows what else. [shrugs] If the other guy is dead set on designing buildings, then I guess I'll try not to have too much of a skill overlap. Somehow it strikes me that the dwarf should have a little something to do with digging/stone. I dunno. Hopefully it'll be funny.

Good to see PoH and Tiruin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:36:45 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 01:59:04 pm »

Hi Truean!
Pages: [1] 2 3