Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Ascending: OOC Thread  (Read 7943 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5: Sandbox Game, Take II (4/4)
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2014, 06:06:27 pm »

No. It may be up to four words. I think of campaign settings and famous fantasy game/book/movie titles, and all the classics have short subtitles. "Forgotten Realms." "Greyhawk." "Blackmoor." "Ocarina of Time." "Fellowship of the Ring." You get the picture.

Ideally, it should be just one word. A verb. An -ing form verb.

Ascending.

That should do.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5: Ascending: OOC Thread
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2014, 09:22:28 pm »

Not "Awakening"? :P

More seriously, not "Treasure Ascending"?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »

No.

I picked a random word that sounded vaguely fantasyesqe. That fit the bill.

I might also include some vague NetHack reference someday if you guys dig deep enough, but until then "Ascending" refers to their "ascent" in power.

dammit you saw through my terrible, terrible guise of originality :P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:31:42 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 10:11:35 pm »

I'm about 1/3 of way through FE:A, though I actually have no clue (Second mission on second continent, starting to collect a couple second generation). I saw the obvious reference right away. :P And the "not-a-complete-rip" for Vanitate made it more obvious. :P

Trying to figure out which one was ripped from what class/character, before edits by you. Obviously Vanitate was Robin. THOCKWALD was Gregor (How much you pay THOCKWALD?)? Ooh-ha is a barbarian (maybe reclassed Vaike)? Diogenes is mostly covered by beard, but guessing the Mercenary class for someone reclassed into it.
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »

Actually, I just restole Gregor's sprite for Diogenes. Arcvasti's character was... perfect. Absolutely perfect. I didn't even have to do sprite work, because I had an image with those exact specifications from my avatar change.

ANYWAY, WE WILL SOON GET ON WITH BANDIT-BEATING, PUNCTUATED BY MORE SPRITE THIEVERY. NO MORE REFERENCES TO FUN TACTICS GAME ASIDE FROM CONTINUED SPRITE-THEFT. SHOULD ALSO FIRE THOKWALD AS ENGLISH TEACHER.

tell me how the hell you finished chapter 14 you dastard

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »

tell me how the hell you finished chapter 14 you dastard
14?
Oh, the boats.
Yeah, let's continue this via PM.
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 10:34:25 pm »

Let us.

I'd rather not my prospective sandbox campaign's OOC thread completely derail.

Anybody who continues with the derail past this line will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2014, 10:59:40 pm »

"THOKWALD think you are fool what think THOKWALD is stupid because THOKWALD talk stupid. Last man what said that to THOKWALD's face woke up with two feet of THOKWALD's sword in him, and not the good kind. THOKWALD pity fools what think THOKWALD stupid, except that THOKWALD not feel pity, only endless bloodlust."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 11:01:06 pm »

THOKWALD is a man's man apparently. He fucks, fights, and drinks. That seems to be about it.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2014, 11:06:23 pm »

Oh man, I'm gonna have to fuck up that little man what fighting with a soldier once I notice them.

Tawa, can I include a leap action into my charge as a long jump?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 11:16:46 pm »

"THOKWALD have aspirations to higher purpose. Not like silly people what follow callings to become glowy-holy types, but... broader. THOKWALD not just want to fuck, THOKWALD want to wed nice lady what can knock THOKWALD down and have many little THOKWALDs what will inherit THOKWALD's extra swords and stab things after THOKWALD is dead. Especially THOKWALD if death-magic-people turn THOKWALD into zombie, extra stabbings for papa THOKWALD zombie. But THOKWALD digress," he coughs.

"THOKWALD not just want to fight, THOKWALD want to fight them what can fight THOKWALD on even feetings. THOKWALD not just want to drink, THOKWALD want to drink finest mead from skulls of little men and women what think that money and names make power. But THOKWALD not always get what THOKWALD wants, though THOKWALD not understand why, so THOKWALD settle for what THOKWALD can get... and THOKWALD dreams."

He looks upward, eyes glazed and bloodshot, "THOKWALD dream of day when THOKWALD slay mountain of corpses with bride, climb to top, stab puny gods, steal their drinks, and ride god-corpses back down to ground. THOKWALD dream of day when THOKWALD die fighting, though day of death will be long from now. Thinking on it, THOKWALD uncertain if THOKWALD want to die fighting or fucking. Maybe both at same time. But THOKWALD die doing what THOKWALD love, and THOKWALD spend every day until last day doing what THOKWALD love, because all days are last day to THOKWALD."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »

Anyone mind if I polish up Vanitate's backstory and goals a tad? I may or may not have rushed through them too quickly trying to get the sheet done in time.

EDIT: Well. THOCKWALD. Is definitely a gem.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 02:13:29 pm »

Anyone mind if I polish up Vanitate's backstory and goals a tad? I may or may not have rushed through them too quickly trying to get the sheet done in time.
I highly recommend you do so.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 02:55:21 pm »

I'm still working on Ooh-Ha's. I know he comes from the mountains somewhere and was in a monastery to the north.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2014, 02:59:46 pm »

I should warn you guys now that your lives will be hell if you don't get transportation. Without horses, at your current rate, you'll make it to the city you're headed to in around a month. You'll cut that time by like a third if you get horses.

I should also mention I'm houseruling you can travel for 10 hours a day on foot and 12 on horseback.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6