Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Ascending: OOC Thread  (Read 7945 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5: Sandbox Game, Take II (4/4)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 10:37:50 pm »

Alright, two things.

1. HURRY UP ARCVASTI
2. I was thinking I could take a shot at image battle-maps again. Would you guys be cool with that? I know some people tend to be discontented with mere dots and letters in monospaced font, so I was considering pulling open some random ancient RPGs and stuff to steal borrow backgrounds and sprites from. (Beware, this may occasionally delay updates by roughly an hour and a half.) (Also beware that this means your character is open to DM interpretation and subject to abuse amateur pixel artwork.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 10:40:44 pm »

1. HURRY UP ARCVASTI
2. I was thinking I could take a shot at image battle-maps again. Would you guys be cool with that? I know some people tend to be discontented with mere dots and letters in monospaced font, so I was considering pulling open some random ancient RPGs and stuff to steal borrow backgrounds and sprites from. (Beware, this may occasionally delay updates by roughly an hour and a half.) (Also beware that this means your character is open to DM interpretation and subject to abuse amateur pixel artwork.)

1: Working on sheet right now. Probably going for Beguiler with a god-complex, because hell yeah.
2: Sounds neat.

EDIT: What tier are Beguilers? Pretty sure they're tier 3, but just checking.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:51:55 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 11:43:06 pm »

Alright, two things.

1. HURRY UP ARCVASTI

Whatever is conducive to your muse's creative juices.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:04 pm »

Sheet

I upped Int at 4th level and put one LA point into Dex and Cha[Couldn't decide on a template/race quickly enough.].

Quote from: Wealth Distribution
9K GP -
1250 GP [+1 Chain Shirt]
1310 GP [+1 Shortsword]
4000 GP [+2 Cloak of Charisma]
2000 GP [+1 Amulet of Natural Armour]
300 GP [Potion of Invisibility]
100 GP [Potion of Cure Light WoundsX2]
25 GP [Silver Holy Symbol of himself]
5 GP [Spell Component Pouch]
=
10 GP

There we are. This should be fun.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:32:37 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 11:59:37 pm »

This party, man. A detached pragmatic technical pacifist, a wild beast-person with spiritual training, a delusional simpleton with a penchant for violence, and an arrogant magic asshole.  Gonna be good times ahead.

3. Run Resize Enable

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 12:02:10 am »

I'm going to wrestlepunch everything.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 10:19:09 am »

What an... Odd party indeed. BY the way I added +1 to wisdom because... Well I forgot to take into account levelling.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 02:48:26 pm »

Oh man. This will be excellent.

I'll put the OP up just after I give some sprites pixel surgery for you guys and recover from the laughing fit I got from reading the entirety of THOKWALD's sheet.

EDIT: What tier are Beguilers? Pretty sure they're tier 3, but just checking.
EDIT: Yes, Beguilers are Tier 3.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:58:01 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

One piece of advice I'd like to share is make sure the entire party is on the same page. What killed my enjoyment of the last attempt was the party immediately splitting up and doing their own thing; I was playing a cleric on the path to Radiant Servant of Pelor, and half the decided they wanted to start a crime syndicate, including stealing everything from the High Priest of Pelor's saddlebags. Not my idea of party synergy or a good time...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 03:44:24 pm »

Alright, I finished my total Fire Emblem sprite theft artistry, so the IC thread will be up in a few minutes.

One piece of advice I'd like to share is make sure the entire party is on the same page. What killed my enjoyment of the last attempt was the party immediately splitting up and doing their own thing; I was playing a cleric on the path to Radiant Servant of Pelor, and half the decided they wanted to start a crime syndicate, including stealing everything from the High Priest of Pelor's saddlebags. Not my idea of party synergy or a good time...
Luckily, the only one of us that isn't partially Neutral also happens to be part Lawful, which one of us is.

Unlike last time's Michael Jackson and Mace Thief, Solo Wizard looking for Immortality, That One Paladin, That Priest, and That Dragon Shaman Guy, most of whom had wildly differing alignments.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 03:47:00 pm »

Yeah... Just looking at our people though... The closest thing I can think of is that perhaps we're fighting a corrupt group of elves who plan to destroy something or another? I dunno... Diogenes just wants to learn. Thokwald just wants to fight. Ooh-Ha has no motivation at all from what I can figure out. While Vanitate is kinda a jerk. So... Sorta hard.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 03:52:13 pm »

I can easily arrange for you guys to split up, anyway. It's a smaller group, so each of you could go in a cardinal direction and the guy going north heroically runs away and I'd still run it. I wrote up a small-scale map of the area you're in and I'm borrowing the Pathfinder recommendations and random-rolling for special features on terrain to mix things up, too, so there'll be plenty to learn, fight, do things with, and be a jerk too.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 04:18:45 pm »

"THOKWALD take exception to that; THOKWALD not just in adventuring for smashing elves. THOKWALD also enjoy smashing many others, and THOKWALD want to find pretty lady what can make little THOKWALDs. Even elf lady what isn't too snobby; THOKWALD not hypocrite, just have discerning tastes. THOKWALD also not object to looting treasures from those what can't defend them on account of being dead or stupid. In fact, THOKWALD 'game' for many things what others enjoy. THOKWALD rest case."

Some of the best fun for me, I think, is going to come from the fact that I actually didn't dump Int and Wis.

3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 05:41:10 pm »

Argh.

Do any of you have decent ideas for campaign titles?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »

Prince of Rebia: Sands of Box?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6