Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: World of only evil! Rise to the challenge!  (Read 3630 times)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: World of only evil! Rise to the challenge!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 11:46:55 pm »

One week maximum. But in that time, you can do as you like. We must bee as well-prepared as we can, no? Although after three or four attempts I myself would pass the baton to the next guy. I'd say we go no more than four attempts with one week's time so that RL might not be a bitch to us. Any objections?
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 08:14:19 am »

Seems more than fair.

On another note, it might be a good idea to mod in outsider dwarves as an aventurer option if you haven't already.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:21 pm »

Seems more than fair.

On another note, it might be a good idea to mod in outsider dwarves as an aventurer option if you haven't already.
Wut?  Did that need to be modded in?  :|  I know I have them, but cant remember if that normal.  My worlds are a touch modded
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 01:55:35 pm »

Seems more than fair.

Wut?  Did that need to be modded in?  :|  I know I have them, but cant remember if that normal.  My worlds are a touch modded

Only the human outsiders are in the vanilla game.  Modding in other racial outsiders is pretty common though. It's all of 1 token to add to the race's entity definition:  [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

Tavern

• Bay Watcher
  • Adventure Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 02:40:47 pm »

Ooooooh this looks like fun. Can I join this? :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 05:51:10 pm »

Do we have a world yet?  Anyone want to make a request or gen it?  I wouldn't mind . . . but its OPs show

I would prefer some good with my evil, and fairly savage
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 07:04:38 pm »

The world is already made, will have to be a surprise because I'm stupid and didn't screencap it during gen. Might go into fort mode and see if I can't get a good screenie.
Had work to do toaday, and might not be available tomorrow for very long. I'll have to start Saturday or Sunday.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 05:57:41 pm »

The world is already made, will have to be a surprise because I'm stupid and didn't screencap it during gen. Might go into fort mode and see if I can't get a good screenie.
Had work to do toaday, and might not be available tomorrow for very long. I'll have to start Saturday or Sunday.

If you go into legends mode there's an option to print "detailed" maps there that you can use.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 09:24:41 am »

Alright, guys. I think it's high time I get this started.
Printing maps and readying for round one...

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 10:07:44 am »

Year: 72
Race: Dwarf
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Jouenal of Olon Blockring
Adventurer's Log: Day 1
Spoiler: Start Location (click to show/hide)
Diary, today is the day I set out for honor and glory for the mother land. No evil shall stand in the way of my mighty fists. They told me I was a fool to train in the art of wrestling. They said a man of my skills didn't stand a chance in these unholy lands. Well, today is the day I prove them wrong! I start by asking Momuz Lolokmeng, our administrator, what kinds of beasts roam nearby.

He told me of a titan the locals dubbed "The Hairy Bean". Hopefully I won't have to find out WHY they're calling it a bean...
Anyway, I will continue to inquire about the nearby beasts, as I know that as I am now I cannot fight a titan.
I am told of a hydra named Sculptedfountain living in its den "Oozebudded the Youth of Tentacles". Where do these names come from?!
Next I am told of a troll whom has been assaulting the locals. They have named it Rugo Frekeddawned. While the administrator knows a lot about the troubles, he dows not know of any directions. He keeps referring me to Deduk Mobvessel, who he thinks may have more answers.
And so I set off to find Mr. Mobvessel. The administrator isn't much help finding HIM either, as he tells me he does not know where to look. But before I do that, I must look around the place for any stray equipment, however I don't think I'll find much, considering how dangerous it is. The whole fortress is a maze of hallways, small rooms, and workshops, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to any of it.

OOC: I know it isn't much, but that's all the time I have for now. Posting again later.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 06:29:32 pm »

PTW

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 06:37:21 pm »

PTW and reserve a turn on the off-chance I have time when it rolls around.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 12:34:24 pm »

Adventurer's Log: Day 1 Part 2

Home, sweet home, I suppose.
People's garments, leather armor, and other miscellaneous items are strewn about their rooms...
Soon enough, it is obvious to me that I won't be finding anything of particular use here, so I press on, trying to get out of this maze. I may be a hearth person, but I don't feel like I've been around here at all, really. I open up my quest log to see what I can find...

Filled to the brim with beasts, as expected. Don't know what I was thinking, really. What else would there be in a world as evil as ours?
That aside, I now find myself lost within my own home. Seriously, forge rooms, bedrooms, and no guards? What kind of fortress has no guards?
They must be somewhere else. Standing guard outside and hopefully not eaten by beasts. Hopefully.
Ugh. This fortress has absolutely NO organisation. It'll take me forever to find my way out.
I met with a friend, Etur Tishislimul, a woodworker. He tells me of a hydra named Osmod Castletufts in its lair "Bristlecalled the Hoary Match." Huh.
Before I do any hunting, I first have to get out of here...
Well, looks like I've found a storeroom.

There are HOW MANY forges?! I ask because THERE'S NOT A SINGLE USEFUL PIECE OF METAL EQUIPMENT IN SIGHT.
How do we live without metal armor?
I find myself in a room filled with random cabinets, tables, and citizens. At least the Queen is here, she'll have answers to my questions, surely.
Whadda ya know? She doesn't know anything. Why do I even bother?
Hey, look! Armed guards! Hopefully someone will join me so the boogeymen don't kill us.
Good news? Found the exit. Bad news? No one wants to join me. Looks like I'm on my own... Armok help me.

Well, off to adventure...
Already I am glad I'm wearing boots. Malodorous sludge coats the ground as I walk. Armok knows what illness it brings if ingested...
At least I know where I've been...
(OOC: Fast Travel Initiate: Moving south)
I travel to the nearest river, and am greeted by a flock of undead ravens... Let's throw a spear at 'em!

They dodged my spear, and another flock begins closing in.
There's too many to fight, so I book it.
I now realize that I have no idea where anything is, and now I see a pack of undead boar. Armok, why?
No way to train without getting killed, I, of course, run away.
(Fast travel: East)
I find myself in the mountain range titled "The Crest of Spies." Don't see any undead here, yet. Hopefully I won't be seeing a cloud anytime soon, either.
I have found an eagle! A LIVE EAGLE!
I put on my War Face and begin a training session.
First, I sneak up to it (success!) and ready a punch to the upper body.

Bang. I'll just keep on wailing on 'em. Me: 1 Nature: 0
I snag the corpse for later use.
I find another eagle, and proceed to beat it up as well.

huehuehuehue
Awwwww, it got away.
So here, I am. Beating the living shit out of eagles because I have nowhere to go.

EDIT: Found a yeti. More on that as things develop
EDIT 2: Oh shit, this'll have to be a separate post...
(OOC: I'll keep this up for a bit without documentation. Will post more escapades as things happen.)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:44:31 pm by PsychoAngel »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 11:12:04 pm »

Sorry 'bout no post, real life is being a bitch to me.

Adventurer's log: Night 1

I have come across a yeti up here in the mountains, and we've been trading blows for a while now. However, I feel I've overstayed my welcome here, because I spot this at the edge of my vision:

Armok knows what havoc this will cause to my organs.
I decide to stop fooling around with the yeti and get the hell out.
As I run from the wicked dust, the yeti gives chase, and the brawl continues as we run to the west. I land a hard blow to its second toe on its left foot, and it falls over, unable to bear the pain. Now is my chance to end this fight! The yeti's thick fat and high muscle amount makes it difficult lo land a fatal blow with my current wrestling skills. However, it makes for excellent training, allowing me to hone my skills as the wicked dust closes in on me. I should get outta here pretty soon. Here are the injuries of the yeti before I depart:

Saddens me to not finish what I stated, but oh well. Rather not take my chances out here anyway. I depart from the scene and head west, hoping to find a safe place to stay for the night, if such a place exists. On my way I punched another eagle to death. At least I can do that I suppose, but if I am to take on any large beasts I must at least be able to slay a yeti. I find more clouds of wicked dust, and do my best to avoid them. Considering I have no target, I begin to head back to the mountainhomes in order to get my facts straight. I grow weary and drowsy on my way back home, but I must endure else I get swarmed by boogeymen. As I run past the reanimated corpses of keas, parrots, hares, and others, I begin to track malodorous sludge on the ground as I walk. Now I know I'm getting closer to home. I come near a river and find animals that aren't already dead, hooray! This time they are echidnas, but I have no time to wrestle them. Day two is dawning soon...

Adventurer's Log: Day Two

Welp, so much for that feeling of peace that I had earlier. I won't be able to take them on in my current state, so I get the hell outta there. I opt for a full sprint, but one of the dingoes appears to really want the meat I carry, weather it be a part of me or not. I stop sprinting after we leave the group behind and prepare to fight. One good punch and it falls over with injuries to the middle spine. Time to end this. I punch it once in the head to cripple it, and one more well-placed blow to the upper body makes it as though it never existed. I am very tired, but I come ever closer to home. Hopefully I won't encounter any more wild hunters.

I have found home at last! Time to get some sleep.

(Predictable my FPS went to shit after I got here. That'll be all for now.)

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2014, 06:43:29 am »

Truthfully I'm just posting this so I can follow this thread easier. It looks interesting as well.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!
Pages: 1 [2] 3