Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: The Halfway Haus of Madness, the Sequel! Day 20: Tiberium Fortune!  (Read 47130 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: The Halfway Haus of Madness, the Sequel! Day 7 is live!
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2014, 08:34:19 am »

House needs more statues laying about.

Engrave EVERYTHING.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2014, 07:06:12 pm »

Keep writing! gotta finish that book!

Also, learn the drums.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2014, 08:16:55 pm »

*pesters vaguely*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »

I didn't forget about this, I promise. I've just had a crazy week, especially at work, what with all of the preparations for the dreaded Black Friday.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: The Halfway Haus of Madness, the Sequel! Day 8 is live!
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2014, 12:21:06 am »

FakeEdit: Day 8 is live! We've lasted more than a whole week, ladies and gents! Nobody's died. Cheer or boo or whatever if you like. I consider that a victory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, here's the deal. The Haus is very low on money thanks to some recent expensive purchases (like a nectar press and a flat screen tv on the wall,) and it's going to be a bit before that Tiberium is worth selling. So, I'm lifting the restriction on full time jobs. If you have a lifetime wish that's based on getting into a career, I'd suggest taking up the offer before I change my mind. If you get to level 3 of any career, I'll build you your own bedroom, but we need money for that.

Get your turns in for the next day! Most of you are stir crazy, and could use some time away from the Haus. Jobs will help alleviate that problem, as will doing things like busking in a park, exploring the catacombs under the graveyard, and finding a nice spot to fish. Just not in public pools, please.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2014, 12:32:42 am »

> Paint
> Explore under graveyard
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2014, 02:49:09 am »

Is there a job I can apply fisticuffs to?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2014, 03:02:54 am »

Spelunking into the catacombs as a way to gain sanity? I think you're going to loose your medical licence MZ.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2014, 04:02:56 am »

Er, you do remember I was the one who asked for the (bum)winepress, not Kal? So I'm the one you should slap when we go bankrupt and release a horde of maniacs on the town. Also, RK's first date looks classy as hell.

Actions:
>BUMWINE! Preferably apple.
>Music on, preferably with others.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2014, 06:28:44 am »

Question, max: How did you get your Sims 3 game running without that horrific script slowdown from Hot Date or whatever it's called? Every ten to fifteen seconds, the game just stops for 5 seconds at a time, full FPS, just not doing anything. Even with Hot Date uninstalled, it still does it for me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2014, 07:16:02 am »

Wow, Sims 3 is the most realistic online dating simulator I've ever seen.
As to the computer, it obviously couldn't handle hotness of my magnitude. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Kinda have to wonder about the older guys in the consignment shop and that thought bubble when Wolfeyez is shopping. "Yeah, I'd like to net that one!"

Also, am I the only one starting to picture Japa as Beaker from the Muppets?  :P

Next day:
>All this fail has me stressed out no doubt, so vidja games!
>Try to get upgraded to fulltime busboy or spice runner or whatever it is I do now. Somebody has to bring home the bacon. And then turn it into waffles. Mmmm...bacon waffles.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2014, 07:28:17 am »

Question, max: How did you get your Sims 3 game running without that horrific script slowdown from Hot Date or whatever it's called? Every ten to fifteen seconds, the game just stops for 5 seconds at a time, full FPS, just not doing anything. Even with Hot Date uninstalled, it still does it for me.
I can't remember for sure, but I think I remember someone saying it comes from a random NPC sim getting stuck in an un moveable position, so constantly tries to path out to whatever it needs to get to.

I can't be sure of that though.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2014, 07:51:27 am »

I can't remember for sure, but I think I remember someone saying it comes from a random NPC sim getting stuck in an un moveable position, so constantly tries to path out to whatever it needs to get to.

Bingo. And to fix it, I run nraas Overwatch, which auto-resets stuck sims, deletes abandoned cars, and prevents toddlers from wandering off their lots, which all cause massive lag. I run a ton of nraas mods, and they're all lovely. Go get them. Master Controller, Overwatch and Error Trap are absolutely essential.

There are opportunities that come up in law enforcement, military, athlete, and I believe criminal that have you either teach or learn martial arts. Unfortunately, I can't let you go to China and be a karate bum.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:58:08 am by MaximumZero »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2014, 08:52:41 am »

Bingo. And to fix it, I run nraas Overwatch, which auto-resets stuck sims, deletes abandoned cars, and prevents toddlers from wandering off their lots, which all cause massive lag. I run a ton of nraas mods, and they're all lovely. Go get them. Master Controller, Overwatch and Error Trap are absolutely essential.

There are opportunities that come up in law enforcement, military, athlete, and I believe criminal that have you either teach or learn martial arts. Unfortunately, I can't let you go to China and be a karate bum.

Yeah, I run Overwatch but nothing else. I'm installing the others now, thanks man!

Also, what are some other mods you recommend?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2014, 10:58:34 am »

1. Meep meep meep.
2. Mee mee meep meep mee.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34