Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DoorKickers! The World's Least Patient SWAT Team  (Read 6934 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: DoorKickers! The World's Least Patient SWAT Team
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 08:00:12 am »

Hey, can you fire troopers? Or are you stuck with low-stats while they level up?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 04:22:51 pm »

This is a fantastic game!! I'm absolutely loving it at the moment. The tactics are great, and you really seem to feel challenged each time with it.

A few things though - I find the controls still a bit tricky at times, they don't seem to be the most intuitive and I can't help but feel that they need a better system. Also I find my guys levelling up/upgrades a little bit un-noticeable. I guess they might make a difference, but it's not enough for me to really go 'woah he's much better now'.

I love how they're still working on it though, and I think with the addition of multi-story and multiplayer it'll be fantastic.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 02:40:18 pm »

They have multi-story. But it's kinda shoddy- works like a teleporter to another level. You can't plan for the extra levels in advance.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 10:39:24 am »

They have multi-story. But it's kinda shoddy- works like a teleporter to another level. You can't plan for the extra levels in advance.

Urgh yeah I just played a map with it and it was pretty terrible. They should reallllly have ironed that out before putting it in - hopefully soon though!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 01:07:16 am »

Yeah, multi-story maps arent' very good.  You'll probably notice they're mostly only in the kickstarter house maps.  Most of hte official designs are single-story.  I haven't played it in a long time but its' definitely a very good game

Hey, can you fire troopers? Or are you stuck with low-stats while they level up?
I don't think youc an.  IT wouldn't make much sense anyway, there's no negative aspects really.  Low level troopers arent as good as high level but there's nowhere to go but up.  Firing a trooper won't get you a better one in his place.
Shoes...

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 06:01:40 am »

Does anyone know of any good mods for this? I don't really fancy just loads of unbalanced guns, but I'd love to add some new elements to it.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 06:06:44 am »

Well it seems like they start out with random attributes, so if you get a bunch all with middling stats & no strengths firing them & rehiring would improve them.
How much of an improvement depends on how long it would take to reach max anyway.
And honestly it doesn't seem like the improved skills really improve their capabilities- at least for (fieldwork?), max-level versus min-level (middle of the bar) makes planting a breaching charge take 6 seconds instead of 9. No idea how strong of an effect the two shooter skills have, but I haven't noticed anything.

Anyone have favorite guns? Particularly for the pistol, which goes best with the whole Mozambique doctrine? Right now I've got my men equipped with the ported .40.

Ah, and what the hell does the 'maneuverability' stat actually do? Because it really doesn't match up with what the descriptions say it should be.

Does anyone know of any good mods for this? I don't really fancy just loads of unbalanced guns, but I'd love to add some new elements to it.
The only one I have is the double-taser sidearm. Everything else looked kinda eh.
Badges of honor

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 06:19:41 am »

I really haven't noticed the stats doing much. I'm normally a stat-fiend, but with this I'm just kinda meh as it seems to make such little difference. I marginally try to match them up to the right roles for their stats, but other than that I don't really do much.

I normally use the mark 23 - it seems the best all rounder.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 06:38:27 am »

Euch but that low fire-rate.

My thinking is, with the Mozambique, stopping power isn't really important. What is important is fire-rate & accuracy.
Two to the chest of just about anything should take down soft targets, and the headshot will drop everyone else.
So actually, I'm thinking the VP-9 would be best.
I cannot bring myself to use the FN5-7 in a game that touts its 'AP-capabilities'.
'It will easily defeat level IIIA body armor and shields'-No. No it won't.
That said, in this game it'd probably be as-good-as/better-than the VP-9.
Badges of honor

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 09:30:14 am »

Euch but that low fire-rate.

My thinking is, with the Mozambique, stopping power isn't really important. What is important is fire-rate & accuracy.
Two to the chest of just about anything should take down soft targets, and the headshot will drop everyone else.
So actually, I'm thinking the VP-9 would be best.
I cannot bring myself to use the FN5-7 in a game that touts its 'AP-capabilities'.
'It will easily defeat level IIIA body armor and shields'-No. No it won't.
That said, in this game it'd probably be as-good-as/better-than the VP-9.

True, I hadn't really thought of it like that. I'll swap to the VP-9 as well I reckon.

What are you using for assault? Assault to me seems to really fill more of a long range role (shotguns for close, pistols for med) and there aren't many maps that really require that it seems.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 10:01:24 am »

Huh, I'd actually mostly ruled out shotguns- most of the official missions are hostage maps by the time you unlock it.
Are hostages not as much of an issue as I thought?

I just go for the m4 & use it when the building has long hallways or wide-open courtyards- usually I overwatch with it.
Haven't had enough points to try anything else besides the .40 smg, (which was a mistake, no reason to use it over the mp5), but I'm interested in the mp7 & p90, and the SAR looks like it could work in close-quarters.
Shotguns seem kinda eh- Just went for the room clearer & stuck with that so far.
I'm interested in the stealth weapons- bought the cheap UMP right off the bat because the default weapon's 10m radius -isn't stealthy-. I've got my eyes on the mp7, mpx .40, and the honeybadger.

Shield opinion is the IIIA wide shield & a raider vest. (I messed up my last post about this)

I don't think I ever use the pointman class. Like, ever.
Badges of honor

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:33 am »

Huh, I'd actually mostly ruled out shotguns- most of the official missions are hostage maps by the time you unlock it.
Are hostages not as much of an issue as I thought?

I just go for the m4 & use it when the building has long hallways or wide-open courtyards- usually I overwatch with it.
Haven't had enough points to try anything else besides the .40 smg, (which was a mistake, no reason to use it over the mp5), but I'm interested in the mp7 & p90, and the SAR looks like it could work in close-quarters.
Shotguns seem kinda eh- Just went for the room clearer & stuck with that so far.
I'm interested in the stealth weapons- bought the cheap UMP right off the bat because the default weapon's 10m radius -isn't stealthy-. I've got my eyes on the mp7, mpx .40, and the honeybadger.

Shield opinion is the IIIA wide shield & a raider vest. (I messed up my last post about this)

I don't think I ever use the pointman class. Like, ever.

I've never had a problem with shotguns and hostages - and they're awesome for when you'll encounter any groupings of hostiles (which happens quite a bit on some maps). They're probably the best for clearing living-room style places in my opinion.
Stealth class I've never really gone big into. A few maps it's been interesting for though.

This is my whole problem with door kickers - there's just not enough need to use most of the stuff/change tactics. Flash and go with pretty much any class normally works. 

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2020, 05:28:12 am »

Riiiiiise from the graaave...

I wanted to point out that this game has an android port and if you have a nice phone it will scratch your xcom itch. Also a random map generator
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2020, 12:19:50 pm »

Ooh, random map generator might be enough to get me to give this a proper try. Thanks for the necro.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4