- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286325 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #3420 on: November 01, 2015, 09:29:45 am »

Shape a few bandit corpses into a single, giant corpse. Create golem cores out of various pieces of pschoite (of many different sizes), and scatter them throughout the body. After that, make a single, larger chunk of clear steel, make it a Magitech core, and stick it in the golem's chest. Give the central core the ability to "manage" the lesser cores, and attach both a Frankenstein sigil and a shaping sigil to it. Embed soul orbs at strategic points in the creature's body, so it can easily absorb incoming spells.

Near the central core, create lots small pockets within the corpse's flesh. Enhance them with very generous warp space spells, plus the adjective "spacious." Fill three of the pockets with mutate, flame inhale, and teleport spell bubbles.

Line another with great shield, hook it up to the soul orbs, give it a particularly large warp space, and designate it as the mana tank. Fill it to the brim. If we've learned to make the energy-gathering cores yet, make a few of those and hook them up to the tank.

Once that's done, animate all the flesh and bone. Tell it to enhance the strength of the golems it is a part of, in a similar manner to our gauntlets. Give the same orders to all the extra golem cores lying around, as long as they remain inside the "main" golem.

The end result of all this should be a golem-abomination with a frankly ridiculous amount of strength. More interestingly, it can reshape itself, absorb spells, create sub-golems, and cast whatever spells we prepare for it.

Chaunage

• Escaped Lunatic
  • It's gotta work sooner or later!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: November 01, 2015, 11:57:21 pm »

Hey, excellent story. Just reading along and caught up to the Maxed-out battle on the chains with the sweeper and bandits. Was the Hatredcopter in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144933.msg6291044#msg6291044 a reference to Dethklok from Metalocalypse by the way? If so, has it been counted yet? Either way, keep up the good work!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: November 02, 2015, 05:05:23 pm »

"Hey, can you wake this king here up? only royal magic seems to work, and you are the closest thing to royalty that came to mind. especially now. Also - there is a disturbing lack of pumpkins around here."

The peasants are Spooked Solid, Preventing them from moving for 2 Turns!

"Hmm, this is -quite- the conundrum, i'm sorry to say, my frights send more people to dreamland than bring them out of it. I make a scary good coffee, but there is nothing to make coffee with is there?"

"As for pumpkins, that isn't hardly a feat for me!"

He summons a pumpkin patch to grow around him where he stands with several balls of ghastly fire.

"I learned that from a good friend who was around to help one Halloween."

He dissipates to take care of Halloween in his world, and you go into the cave to produce a minion, maybe you will think of something there.

You feel you have lost control of your life.

A.R.M.O.K seems to have exploded in the tunnel between your base and the outside world, Likely the massive amounts of Magical materials you saw it producing led to... this, whatever it is.

Gravity wells dot the area, preventing you from safely flying over, Platforms go to and from other platforms, sometimes flipping to reveal flaming and freezing undersides chests are dotted here and there, and Illusionary Katana's are embedded in the walls floors and ceiling.

There is a portal nearby, it looks like a basketball, White fluid is spilling from it. It seems to be Blank matter, tainted with some kind of energy.

In front of you is a pathway, it is blocked by some kind of roots growing over it, and is covered with a yellow grease like substance.

Behind you is the tunnel to the outside, and three boxes made from Almost Perfect Tupperware, they are melded to the tiled floor.

Ahead of you is a sequence of 3 platforms, going back and forth between here and another area, the one in the back flips over to reveal burning fire or freezing ice as the front one flips over from that to a normal platform, they swing around one another to move forward and backward.

There is even a bottomless pit of some kind.

You get an ominous feeling abut this place, like just because you don't see anything moving does not mean there isn't anything here... Hopefully you won't encounter anything.

((Ding))

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:28:28 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: November 02, 2015, 05:25:54 pm »

oooo.....a platformer.

Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: November 02, 2015, 06:11:08 pm »

So, cleanup time? Get some soul orbs, and start using them to absorb whatever magic went wrong here. Drain the mana from them as it comes in, of course.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: November 02, 2015, 11:45:39 pm »

are the tupperboxes loot? open one.

edit: --- let's try for no allies on this one ---

Solo a Dungeon (Fantastic Treasure) []
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:52:06 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: November 03, 2015, 12:20:56 am »

Does it still count as soloing a mission if you use items that you find in the dungeon? What if those items are, or become, ambulatory and sentient?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: November 03, 2015, 12:42:55 am »

You go in alone, and you come out alive and winning to get the challenge beat.

You craft a soul orb and try to get it to soak up the wildly unstable magics abound, But you only get Magically Converted Scent of Fish, the orb is filled with it.

Inside the Almost Perfect Tupperware is... A Gauntlet made from what looks to be... An apple I-pad. the almost Perfect Tupperware is locked.

You encounter A snake with a body made of Marbles, the marbles have skulls painted on them, and are bright red in color.

It wibbles and wobbles but doesn't fall down!

Spoiler: Fight (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Act (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Item (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:31:49 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: November 03, 2015, 01:44:06 am »

Check the in-game date.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: November 03, 2015, 05:48:52 am »

flee, and don't re-enter. whatever monstrosity you have created with magiscience best be left alone.

frankly, I am not surprised something like this happened. maybe we are best off going solo again, and searching for the remaining phylactery shards?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: November 03, 2015, 01:09:00 pm »

flee, and don't re-enter. whatever monstrosity you have created with magiscience best be left alone.

frankly, I am not surprised something like this happened. maybe we are best off going solo again, and searching for the remaining phylactery shards?

... those monstrosities are also between us and our base.

Observe and prepare to dodge if hostile.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:10:58 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: November 03, 2015, 01:32:15 pm »

USE ADJECTIFIY! MAKE THE SNAKE OBEDIENT!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: November 03, 2015, 02:03:47 pm »

USE ADJECTIFIY! MAKE THE SNAKE OBEDIENT!
Adjectify:
"Allows you to change the nature of an object, by adding an adjective to it. If the spell is strained, then it may dissolve."

from experimentation we have learned that it does not work on living creatures. No idea about animated objects. I doubt that snake is one, though.

may i suggest talking to it?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:12:31 pm by hachnslay »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: November 03, 2015, 03:48:04 pm »

Are we desperate enough to deploy The Lolcat Defence?
Read the First Post!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: November 03, 2015, 04:49:52 pm »

Are we desperate enough to deploy The Lolcat Defence?

the what?
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 250