- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286360 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #3390 on: October 16, 2015, 07:41:35 am »

@ram, what were the other three parts of your democracy?
Also in a attempt to appeal to the SCIENCE!! part of you, think of this as (un)natural selection, to ensure that we don't get swamped and at the same time get the best results for the least resources.
It would be further accelerated as they start to intentionally copy certain traits in order to become the best! After all, only the original is forbidden from copying, and the copies can make copies.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:47:00 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: October 16, 2015, 08:28:24 am »

"Honestly, I'm suspicious as to how many resources Jeanne actually uses aside from blood and drugs, considering every one of her seems to have a copy of the dress I gave her, the Gear I gave her, and the new gear she got recently.  Even now about four Jeannes are whooping around a boulder table as they see which Jeanne can take the hardest hit to the arm from a Lash rod, and all of them have Lash rods."

"Definitely an issue on the blood supply front, But maybe... there may be a solution to that from another angle."

"According to A.R.M.O.K, they also Worked together to weld guns to Their Bike, Which while it hasn't had illusions made of it yet, has nothing on it that came from my inventory."

If I insinuate it, I probably couldn't STOP them from starting a Bloody Survival of the fittest tournament.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:32:38 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: October 16, 2015, 02:52:10 pm »

@ram, what were the other three parts of your democracy?
Also in a attempt to appeal to the SCIENCE!! part of you, think of this as (un)natural selection, to ensure that we don't get swamped and at the same time get the best results for the least resources.
It would be further accelerated as they start to intentionally copy certain traits in order to become the best! After all, only the original is forbidden from copying, and the copies can make copies.
What? Three more votes? There must be something wrong with your maths, I listed all the votes...
My SCIENCE!! is more interested in diversity than perfection and more interested in inspiration than refinement. Survival of the fittest(which doesn't really have any relevance to forcing a bunch of critters to fight and seeing which survives, but this is its established meaning in fiction, so, well, bleh...) just produces a single iteration from a multitude of variation. Sure, it is an interesting bit of experimentation, but it produces few if any results which can be applied to building an exciting new murderbot with deathbeams that uses two opposing one-way cogs and a pendulum for locomotion...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: October 16, 2015, 07:44:09 pm »

I vote let Jeanne do what she wants.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: October 16, 2015, 07:45:06 pm »

I vote let Jeanne do what she wants.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: October 16, 2015, 11:57:48 pm »

My naivety wants to let the manic vampire have its fun.
My reason agrees that there is a problem and that something needs to be done urgently, but worries about your approach causing morale issues, but doesn't have a better idea.
My SCIENCE!! want to see what a society that consists entirely of unstable clones will look like, and wishes to imbue them with mythical amounts of stimulant to accelerate their advancement.

So you see, I agree with your suggestion, but must -1 it because I am, on occasion, a democracy, and the vote came up 5-1 against your proposal.
You only listed 3 sides of yourself. There are 6 votes total. 5 against, 1 for.  Where are the other three?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: October 17, 2015, 12:43:17 am »

Oh, you and your quaint Euclidean democracy.

Announce a holiday in a week's time, we are about due some time off...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: October 17, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »

> Wizard Trade with A.R.M.O.K. Craft Golem for Craft Vehicle, Craft Magitech Core for Massify, and Sustain Spell Bubble for Gateway to the void of the lost..
just do that already. there seems to be no downside.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: October 17, 2015, 11:15:59 pm »

You follow the Sand Train into town after accepting your minion's offer for a wizard trade, the people step off the train, practically celebrating already, you strongly consider Starting the holiday now with all of the Generally celebratory stuff going on.

Champagne, Stout Beers, and a lot of corn are being carried out on Snails with baskets, Gold snails carry out the passengers, who are very pleased to have a city to come back to, Even though it is made entirely of Dirt.

Already, people are setting up for quite the festival to celebrate shoving off the bandits. Chefs, servants and even the eccentric nobles help to set up plastic tables, gold and silverware,

A.R.M.O.K runs up to you and throws the unconscious king at your feet, "GREETINGS, MASTER! GIFT: KING!", the automata yells in it's synthetic tone as you keep yourself from blacking out and slowly look back up at the Machine from the King and back again...

Oh god they are staring at you you think.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: October 17, 2015, 11:43:23 pm »

"Oh, right. Forgot about him. Well, we saved him, so all is good, right?"

Remember to turn the difficulty dial down from hardcore to normal. Do so.

Give a Jeanne a piece of stone, then ask her to clone herself. If it works, give it a piece of raritanium and try it again. Observe the ambient mana levels.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: October 18, 2015, 01:45:02 am »

Have some people go get food and water, while using Raw Life to try and bring the poor sod back.
At the very least we can extort some more stuff out of him if he lives.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:34:33 am by Dustan Hache »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: October 18, 2015, 02:22:14 am »

Try to locate some plain old boring vegetable and tree seeds and plant a vaguely sane lightly-wooded area near the town...
Read the First Post!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: October 18, 2015, 07:44:46 am »

Try to locate some plain old boring vegetable and tree seeds and plant a vaguely sane lightly-wooded area near the town...

Come on, no raw life and support sigil to make them grow?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: October 18, 2015, 10:26:12 am »

"Oh, right. Forgot about him. Well, we saved him, so all is good, right?"

Remember to turn the difficulty dial down from hardcore to normal. Do so.

Give a Jeanne a piece of stone, then ask her to clone herself. If it works, give it a piece of raritanium and try it again. Observe the ambient mana levels.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: October 19, 2015, 08:21:16 pm »

"Hey everyone, The king's here!"
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 250