- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286527 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #3120 on: August 15, 2015, 04:59:06 am »

Stab the back of the dirtbrush into the sand, so it stands.
Hit the first of the chests with your flamberge, in case it's a mimic.
Be ready to jump back and use ranged attacks.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: August 15, 2015, 09:37:21 am »

> Go around, send a minion to poke them to see if they are mimics or something when you get back.

> Kinesis + chuck of phsycocite

> infuse add another rune of  Sustain Living + Gate Sigil directly to the bandit's brain, so that (althou he can probably deliberatly supress it if he knows chaneling) by default the souls own mana is taped to keep the brain alive.
> Fuse Abstract Orb + Sustained Craft Magitech Core
> Fuse Abstract Orb + Sustained Edit Core

> Add gate sigil and rune of Adjectivity: Aerodynamic to the ring on the sparkwheel gun, and link it to affect everything pasing throguh the ring using Designate Area.
> Enchant it also with Shift, to stear the sparks into being more paralel
> fuse a Gaze of Apollo to the sparkwheel
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: August 15, 2015, 10:42:42 am »

Head home and make a Separation Sigil with 42 slots before splitting some manganese. Also keep a tier one Enfeeble on the entire time.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:13:56 am by The Froggy Ninja »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: August 15, 2015, 12:28:20 pm »

Deal with the chests now, because they may not be here when we return. When we get home, put the PA sigil on our half-staff.  Try splitting some of that sun-stuff. Identify the flameberge.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: August 15, 2015, 06:51:07 pm »

Deal with the chests now, because they may not be here when we return. When we get home, put the PA sigil on our half-staff.  Try splitting some of that sun-stuff. Identify the flameberge.
Those things are quite obviously mimics. Real Chests don't look like that and we're in the middle of a desert so there wouldn't be normal chests.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:24:46 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: August 15, 2015, 08:10:06 pm »

But only experienced explorer types would be out in the middle of the desert, and they would know that these are obviously mimics, so nobody would ever open them, which is why they are completely safe to store wondrous loot in. Them looking like mimics is a ruse to prevent people from opening them. The real question is how could so many mimics survive in the middle of a desert?
Unless everyone who comes out here theorises that they are actually real chests made to appear as mimics and opens them which results in a steady flow of sustenance to what is, in fact, a colony of mimics.
But we gave figured out that they are mimics so obviously they wouldn't have any sustenance so they are real treasure chests!

Obviously we are just like everyone else who ends up out here, so if we decide to leave them alone then they have never been fed or looted and are real chests stuffed with loot. If we decide that they are not mimics then everyone else came to the same conclusion and either fed the mimics or looted the chests. So we just have to do the opposite of what we decide to do...

If we arem in fact, trapped in the desert and surrounded be monsters, would it still, technically, be peacetime? and would we be able to discern that distinction?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: August 15, 2015, 08:48:49 pm »

Or we could just go with a strategy that works equaly well regardless of if the loot is gold or mimic corpses, and send a bunch of heavily armed minions at them.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: August 15, 2015, 09:13:12 pm »

Why not use our fancy fire powers and fire control to make a shiny new selective burning effect that can burn a panel of a chest sufficiently to lose its structure without burning any contents. If it turns out that youinstead applied a cutting-torch to a mimic, well, that is what uncontrolled firebreath over a large area is for...

Oh, I see, somebody forgot to recharge the flame charges... Who wants to arbitrarily blame Armok for this oversight? But spend a single flame charge, concentrate it and sustain it as much as possible with pyrokinesis, and introduce it to the base of the nearest chest. If it turns hostile then, well, throw some death mana at it...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: August 15, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »

Why not use our fancy fire powers and fire control to make a shiny new selective burning effect that can burn a panel of a chest sufficiently to lose its structure without burning any contents. If it turns out that youinstead applied a cutting-torch to a mimic, well, that is what uncontrolled firebreath over a large area is for...

Oh, I see, somebody forgot to recharge the flame charges... Who wants to arbitrarily blame Armok for this oversight? But spend a single flame charge, concentrate it and sustain it as much as possible with pyrokinesis, and introduce it to the base of the nearest chest. If it turns hostile then, well, throw some death mana at it...
We don't currently have pyrokinesis. Unless you want to use to spell bubble.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: August 16, 2015, 03:58:19 am »

That sounds tedius... Can we just nuke them?
Read the First Post!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: August 16, 2015, 08:54:52 am »

Guys, this isn't all that complicated. Just use an ID scroll or the wailescope.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 16, 2015, 09:16:29 am »

Fair point.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: August 16, 2015, 11:31:18 am »

Fair point.

this. If they are mimics we HAZ sword
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:32 pm »

Fair point.

this. If they are mimics we HAZ sword
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 17, 2015, 06:58:23 pm »

You Stab the brush in the sand to keep it upright, before drawing Caliber and hefting it on your shoulder, Spit out a small blast of fire and expend your Sustained Pyrokinesis Spell to take control of the fire.

From there, you perform a downward strike, exhausting the last of your Elbow grease.

THUNK  The chest wriggles to life, the wood splintering from the blow, but otherwise leaving it relatively unharmed, It and the other chests extrude themselves from the ground, Giant black obelisks with spindly legs sprouting from the sand to support them.

The chests open, revealing a large white and red eye in each The edges of the chest hold sharp teeth.

You jump back, Wailascope at the ready.

Wailascopography indicates that these creatures have a weak point within their massive eye, and use these dark colored shells to deflect magic and energy attacks.

Each one is incredibly weak however.  Aside from it's strong shell and general abilities, it should be no match for careful decapitation and magical fun.

The sword is a bit heavy, You switch back to your Halfstaff. -1 Elbow grease

The one you hit is more damaged than you initially assumed, it sways as though concussed.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 250