- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286903 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1725 on: April 29, 2015, 06:38:47 pm »

soooo.....why do padilins hate necros, even when we act as the good guys. self proclaim even shows more good actions than bad.

and there was that padilin that was friendly.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 29, 2015, 06:42:43 pm »

Since it only took twelve hours to get maximum capacity we may as well drain the mana furnace.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 29, 2015, 07:26:07 pm »

I thought it was only at 6% capacity right now, with the max capacity being 5 mana

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 29, 2015, 07:31:06 pm »

"Because Just like how a few bad necromancers spoil the bunch, so to do a few good ones. It is an order of them, so even the lower level paladins have to report to superiors that are not their god, unless they have gone rogue. You get caught cavorting with Something that they call evil without bringing it's head back? You are excommunicated, punished, or worse. It is a classic case of 'us verses them' mentalities. to clean up the dogma of the Paladin orders would be to cut the corruption that has infested it for millennia, the oldest members drive the idea that if a being isn't with us and ours, it is evil, or a lesser being. I am unsure if Gallarn't is even in the order."

There is not enough mana in the Engine to Drain it yet, as it is only 6% full.

You go to sleep, Dreaming of open skies and green grass. +4 Pontification points, +17 Mana, +1 Max Health, +15 Elbow grease, +1 Flame charge

You drain the engine now that it has filled in the night, Gaining 4 additional mana.

You also eat Breakfast, to satiate your rumbling tummy.

You hear grinding in the distance, Pressing your ear to the rubble of the blocked entryway Makes it much clearer.

Fat Fly has gone Inert!

Brain Slime has gone Inert!

The Turtle shell full of flesh is nearing completion.

Basically none of your plants have grown, due to their needs.

Shovel Blight and luggage return after a hard nights work, Carrying 23 stones, only 3 of them look like ores though, which are identified as iron and platinum.

After trying to figure out what went wrong, you eventually glean that that ore vein was nearing empty, but your minions kept at it regardless. This means that you might have less luck with trying to find more resources in there, unless your minions happen upon a new vein.

Do you, and if so, How do you help the Nobles, considering that they have few tools, which are of poor quality.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 29, 2015, 07:39:12 pm »

learn that thing we failed to learn yesterday!

write letter to the padlin order about who not all necromancers are evil, because hey, its worth a shot

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 29, 2015, 07:52:47 pm »

>Give mana to our plants that use mana, water plants that don't

>Try to learn the shaping sigil I guess, hope we don't lose all our PP on it and fail to learn it again

>Use the necromancer workbench to bend a skeleton into a catapult using the leg bones as a pivoting arm and the ribcage to hold the thing it's launching. We'll find a use for these rocks, no problem there.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 29, 2015, 07:55:37 pm »

"Make an undead skeleton or inert one into a catapult?"
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 29, 2015, 08:00:43 pm »

Use your Changing Sigil to make some shitty shovels out of other shitty tools and inscribe them with Changing Sigils for better digging.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 29, 2015, 08:02:25 pm »

And undead one, let's make a catapult that can fire itself...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 30, 2015, 10:10:14 am »

Wow, things are going beyond expectations!  :o

> That catapult design sounds really inefficient, before we do that we should check how god the Big Zombie is at throwing them with the giant catapult-like arms it already has, and maybe if we can improve both it's throws and punches by using catapult-style counterweights and tension. Which I'd guess would show up as a special charged-up time throw/punch ability.

Hmm, althou this does give me the idea to attach a huge oversized arm - basicaly the same thickness as th Big Zombie, but 5 times as long - directly to the wagon. However, it seems likely we'll leve *this* wagon behind and need to build a new one outside that can include stuff like this form the beginning, so we should hold of on that for now.

Actually... Exactly how big is that dwarven mech, and how hard would *moving around* the components relative each other, or dissembling then resembling outside if it's to big to get through the tunnel, while keeping functionality be? I'm thinking we should use it as the base for our next moving base if we leve the wagon behind as a stationary one! :D
Think about it, a single set of legs to navigate difficult terrain, armor, etc. And to it we can add a huge weapon based of the Mantis Blade with some added reinforcement and enchantments. Maybe powering it would finally be a worthy use for the Core of Fenrir. And the non-scyte arm would be able to act like a catapult. And it'd have internal "outlets"/an internal tesla field for all mana inside coming from it's central source and not being to be bookkeeped so carefully. And the whole thing would be a sort of armored bunker and much less fragile than our current wagon, outer shell probably made mainly from either steel or some strong silver-based material, like a tank. Add this to blueprints.

> Learn Shaping Sigil. 88% is close enough to certain, not getting it would be really bad luck.
> Finally make that table design using it, and the glass.

How did we get extra max helth?! Is this just something that happens occasionally?

> Use Detect Object: Sigil with a bit of ore and Eye Spy on one of the Shovel Blight to go scouting for another iron vein

> Check what actual elements are in those stones, might be able to get something cool using the Crackpot III later.

> Send Big Zombie, the other shovel blight, and Luggage to help with the excavating.

> Feed the fly so it dosn't rot, it barely eats anything anyway.

> Feed the Bone Plants

That are the things that are necessarily *this turn*/reaction to other suggesters I guess, then there's the below stuff that's more for the whole day:
Might consider putting these in a "crafting queue" tab of the table actually.

> First priority, since mana is the bottleneck on these, MORE Mana Engines!
> We got 7 stomachs in those 7 corpses, so lets just make 7 more Mana Engines.
 * Rather than separate input bowls have a single big hopper up top, connected with pipes to the whole array of 7. The old one can remain unconnected for mobility.
 * After the hopper and before the manna engines, comes the Predigestor. Basically, it lets the food partially un-crackpot while grinding it down mechanically and mixing it with blood-like mana channeled back from the mana engines and bounced of Flesh to render it into that liquid form. It also has a valve with a fusion sigil for adding in small amounts of other things we might have to improve the quality of food like actual blood if we have it, or sustained and crackpoted mana flavored various ways. Basically, a really complicated industrial piece of magitech to improve efficiency and speed.
 * I wonder what'd happen if you used Fusion Sigil of Blood Boil and Rejuvinate, and then Engrave Runes of that directly onto a stomach. Make it as a sustained spell and identify it before actually adding it thou, it might make things to unstable.
 * We should experiment with giving stomachs some Miracle Serum, see if it can increase their size and capacity. Just be sure to remove every trace of muscle and fat tissue it could waste itself magnifying first. Maybe using Advanced Raise Dead so that said muscle and fat tissue isn't animate will also help with this
 * We should use Craft Cells to make pure digestive cells. How far can we differentiate before needing craft tissue? Either just merging the cells in normaly, or Fusing them to improves pecialization of the whole stomach, should be considered.

(Estimated production: at least 35 mana per day  :o [size=78%])[/size]

> *Another* table, this time for spell alchemy (although hopefully usable for normal materials as well). With is really more a bunch of assorted equipment *on* a table than one with big enchantments directly attached to it like the other two I guess. The idea here is to spit up manna and Sustained spells into tiny pices for experimentation or very small scale effects, and also tools for rapidly test large amounts of combinations. Components to start with:
 * "Alchemical Equipment -1 bottle", with Engraved Runes of Sustain Spell in order to be able to hold spells and complexly flavored mana without contaminating them.
 * A whole bunch of silver bottles, and jugs, and probably some other Alchemical Equipments, engraved with runes of Sustain Spell and Crackpot Sigil I.
 * Tiny samples of a huge amount of materials, and various holders and such to place them to bounce mana of them or channel it through them.
Spoiler: Samples in the Kit (click to show/hide)
* Valve compatible to the tubes and valves presumably already in the alchemy kit, of Fusion Sigil (two inputs, one output)
 * A distillation apparatus engraved with runes of both Crackpot Sigil I and Crackpot Sigil III that can be switched between, with a refractionating column with like 10 output pipes Fused with a drop of Oasis Water.
 * Some animated bone parts to automate stuff like stirring things for long times.
 * Maybe merging some Flame Charge and/or Phonix Juice into a candle to act as a Bunsen burner?
 * Sort of more an use, but implying it should always be the case; always keep pure mana directly from you in one of the crackpotting and sustaining jugs and use small amounts of that rather than a whole own mana point unless stated otherwise.
 * An undead *tongue*, fused with identification scroll, and probably mutated to distort it into a long thin tentacle that can easily dip into things. Probably just put this at the end of an arm that can reach everywhere and also put a pen on that arm so it can write down what it tastes.

> Contemplate the Fusion Sigil and how it designates targets. Engraving runes, could there be some way to have sort of platform which you place something on and a crackpot bowl suspended above it on pillars around the sides, and the fusion sigil integrated such that it can't change the shape of - and in terms of conceptualization prioritizes the purpose of - the object on the lower platform, just "soaking" or "infusing" it with the material or mana/spell in the bowl? Examine how Engrave Runes works, since it seems to do something rather similar with a spell.

> Animate an eye, with just a little bit of brain put onto it using the necrotable. Craft a Wooden Communication Device that's *both* ends of itself. Fuse this with each other HOPEFULLY creating an eye that can talk. Fuse all this with identification scroll.

> We got the mana, we got the glass, let's work on the glasses. You know, the ones currently in the state of Elaborate Bone Frame. First of, lets make lenses, one big one tightly integrated with the frames for the left eye. For the right eye, an articulated rotating holder of animated bone, to rotate any one of many specialized lenses in front of our eyes on demand classic steampunk style. Make like 10 lenses that fit that for now so they are all the same.
 * One of the right eye lenses, just plain runes of Identify, replacing our current crystal goggles
 * One of the right eye lenses, actually several lenses stuck together at the right distances to function as a weak telescope
 * One of the right eye lenses, engraved with Identify, AND Detect Bones, AND Detect Object; Spoken
 * One of the right eye lenses, Fusion Sigil with a drop of Oasis water. Who knows what "purified" sight will do, but it's probably something cool!
 * One of the right eye lenses, Fuse with a bit of Ink, and then turn that into a Golem Core, on a golem that is just the core and the tiny silver rim that lets the bone form hold it.
 * One of the right eye lenses, Fuse with a Funimg Lillypad
 * One of the right eye lenses... Make another pen stickbug just without the identify. bundle it with some ink and 5 papers and fuse the bungle with the lenses.
 * If the animate identifying speaking eye above went well and it seems likely you'll want it around always replacing the pen, mount it between your real eyes on the glasses, above your nose, with the wooden part extending along the frame into your right ear. Make sure the eye can swivel around to look at things and also look cool.
 * Put a bit of glass and silver to the left side of the frame, with a bit of a stub rune inspired by the mana sucking Mechanical Component, to suck a tiny amount of mana an turn it into a moon-aligned flashlight. Don't forget an off switch.

> Didn't we make a fast mana-powered and purifying and separating crackpot III device? List it. Use it to process all our ores, one of the Large Rocks, the Poor Platinum, 50 pounds of Fat Tissue, Shiny Dust, half of the Pig Iron, and 10 metal pellets. Make more silver bowls of appropriate sizes to hold it all if necessary.

> Create 1 pound each of the following materials using the material fusing apparatus to test the material properties of the result:
 * 50% silver, 50% steel
 * Pig iron + sinew
 * Steel + sinew
 * 5% pig iron, 95% poor (to little carbon) iron
 * Silver + 1 drop of oasis water
 * 80% glass, 20% steel
 * glass + sinew
 * steel + Sustained Flame Charge + Phoenix Juice
 * 50% silver, 50% redstone. Shape into wire and test properties.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 30, 2015, 10:38:39 am »

No, we don't leave the wagon behind, we excavate the tunnel large enough to get it out.

Takes longer? Fine. That gives us more time to work on stuff here, (prepare for future events and learn and craft)

More time to help the citizens (build good rep, padialns may back off a bit. Also has the benefit of better rep with the average person and more likely to help us or something)

More time to consider useing this place as a base. (Good for storing stuff or as a place to retreat)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 30, 2015, 10:52:28 am »

I still think that magma and magic wood would be good resources for a base. Also we need to keep the cart. The time gods demand it.
EDIT: The google docs only has the spells. Where are minions and items/mats?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:52:57 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 30, 2015, 12:08:16 pm »

Wow, things are going beyond expectations!  :o

> That catapult design sounds really inefficient, before we do that we should check how god the Big Zombie is at throwing them with the giant catapult-like arms it already has, and maybe if we can improve both it's throws and punches by using catapult-style counterweights and tension. Which I'd guess would show up as a special charged-up time throw/punch ability.

Hmm, althou this does give me the idea to attach a huge oversized arm - basicaly the same thickness as th Big Zombie, but 5 times as long - directly to the wagon. However, it seems likely we'll leve *this* wagon behind and need to build a new one outside that can include stuff like this form the beginning, so we should hold of on that for now.

> Learn Shaping Sigil. 88% is close enough to certain, not getting it would be really bad luck.
I think it kinda depends how big the rocks are, my original idea was a sort of slingshot using sinews but  I thought the catapult might be a better idea since we could make it out of nothing but bones, but if we're using a whole zombie for it we may even be able to make an air cannon out of lungs or a stomach/pancreas to add acid and bile to the rocks...

I'm 90% certain that's not how probabilities work, you don't just add the numbers together to get a new number otherwise it would be impossible to fail a 20% probability if you tried 5 times. It would probably be more like a 60% chance (going with multiplying the probability of failures together then subtracting from 1 to get the likelihood of not failing 4 times in a row). While that's still a fair chance and the sigil may warrant the risk, it's far from being a certainty...

All the rest of it... I dunno, maybe I'll read it later in detail but nothing else jumps out...

I still think that magma and magic wood would be good resources for a base. Also we need to keep the cart. The time gods demand it.
EDIT: The google docs only has the spells. Where are minions and items/mats?
Did you check the tabs at the bottom? It's pretty standard for excel documents...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 30, 2015, 12:23:32 pm »

-snip-
...fourth, the Chance of sucessfully learning a skill is based on if you only use one pontification point on it, if you try to learn a 50% chance spell, there is a 50/50 chance of learning it, or failing to learn it and losing the point, if you spend two however, you have a 100% chance to learn it.))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 30, 2015, 12:56:24 pm »

Oh, I must've glossed over that bit when I was reading through... thanks for finding that for me, that makes using a bunch of PP on the sigil seem much more reasonable (not sarcasm, it actually does)
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 250