- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286869 times)

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1695 on: April 27, 2015, 05:36:11 am »

Hmm, Lets see.
Star with "Unified Nuclear magical theory" Then "Conservative antipathy laws." After that "Willpowers that be" And then "Greater pantheon origin" and lastly "The Dea, Diabla, and Draconic", So all of em basically.
Or just take em in whatever sequence that would give the greatest clarity i guess, Your choice.

Also, I'm not so sure we should trust those guys, They sound as if they are the same ones attacking the city before(?). So get ready a spell that will take over their drill and turn it on them, Just in case.
Do you have a spell that can sense motive? If you do use it on those guys. You do have a way to remote cast spell after all, Don't you?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:38:19 am by Fallatus »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 27, 2015, 10:14:59 am »

Also, I'm not so sure we should trust those guys, They sound as if they are the same ones attacking the city before(?). So get ready a spell that will take over their drill and turn it on them, Just in case.
Do you have a spell that can sense motive? If you do use it on those guys. You do have a way to remote cast spell after all, Don't you?
We actually don't, but maybe we can use our goggles to do that if we send a minion that can wear them (though it would probably require us to ask it to "scan for hostiles" or something)...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 27, 2015, 12:19:14 pm »

fusing Self Proclaim and Identify and puting it on a lense/eye seems reasonably likely to do something like it. The fly has eyes.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 27, 2015, 12:26:04 pm »

fusing Self Proclaim and Identify and puting it on a lense/eye seems reasonably likely to do something like it. The fly has eyes.

this. fuse these too then fuse the resutls to the bone glasses
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 27, 2015, 12:46:04 pm »

this. fuse these too then fuse the resutls to the bone glasses
This sounds like a fantastic idea.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 27, 2015, 01:05:33 pm »

I think our 0 mana will veto that idea...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 27, 2015, 01:44:03 pm »

Yea, we don't have the mana. And I've got plan for those glasses, for something like that it's better to use just a smaller lens without any extra handle stuff since we won't need to be using it often.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 27, 2015, 06:18:17 pm »

Spoiler: Exposition Log 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exposition Log 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exposition Log 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exposition Log 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exposition Log 5 (click to show/hide)

You arent sure about it, but if you could get the lillies to give good dreams instead of bad, It could be invaluable to your inspirations! The frightening this however, is thing to figure out how.

Pig iron might just make a type of liquid mana if the Carbon is right. it could be interesting.

"That is very good for a novice, but you shouldn't need that much mana for something that small."

"Yeah, but I am just not sure how much I need, I cannot really feel it until I am done raising them already"

"Well, I suppose that would be a bit of trial and error, if you are doing it at a distance. Have you tried touching your target physically?"

"No... I didn't want to get my hands dirty."

You chuckle at the thought of a Squeamish necromancer.

"Well, you will have a very tough time learning Magic, Especially necromancy, if you are afraid to get your hands a bit dirty. why just recently I had to extract a stomach for one of my projects... MANUALLY!"

His skin seems to crawl at the idea, as you waggle your fingers at him.

You do wonder if there is a way to make gloves for such a purpose, allowing touch based spellcasting without actual skin contact. You haven't even used your advanced raise dead spell, ith your chunk-mitt gauntlets, resulting in your own minions using a bit more mana than necessary with all those active organs.

"Also, There are people Working right now with a big-assed drilling machine to open the way up."

You say as you Glance over the crowd.

"About 40, with 10 Injured or sick. We have manages to survive on the local fauna."

"Oh thank you, You heard him boys, get the word out, if I see so much as one man not doing SOMETHING to get these people out of here, I will personally have you tried for Treason against the Sultan, and Crown to boot! Well, at the curernt rate, we will have you out by the end of tomorrow, so get your sunshades ready, guy."

"I certainly hope that this improves your mood, Valerik." Gallarn't says.

He gestures to the Group, Beaming smiles and cheers erupting through the cave.

Some yelling happens and the whole crowd is in fervor, one of them approaches you.

"If you give us the tools, we can help. I will personally repay the cost of anything you can give. Getting our children to the sunlight a moment faster is worth A thousandfold what you could give us, and what you already have."

Bleh, All this goodie two shoes bullshit is getting on your nerves. You are tempted to take him up on his offer just so you can extort him and get some rep back.

Two part update...
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 27, 2015, 06:21:45 pm »

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 5:01 PM

((This is a good sign that we are getting a bit late game. Would you guys be willing to leave minions, loot and other stuff at a stable base If I provided the plot hooks for it? basically, the stuff would cease to exist outside of a little name saying it's there, and provide passive generation of things. Maybe at Dagged's tower under the premise of giving Harkim minions and resources to improve his training?  It is completely up to your guys, but basically, There is too much stuff to fit in one post at this point...))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 27, 2015, 06:45:56 pm »

We could do that. I'm actually considering this cave we are in right now, with the mining operation, the fact it's within a town that's  probably going to be at least partially rebuilt, having only one significant entrance that could be easily fortified and defended, and the possibility that our wagon might be stuck in here anyway for a while longer due to needing a MUCH larger entrance than merely getting the refugees and the stuff they were carrying while fleeing out.

We'd still sort of need to keep track of everything anywya, and return frequently and often stay for a while, so I'm not sure how much it'd solve the bookeeping isue.

I do however have a sugestion; lets make a Google Spredsheets dock that can simply track things much better. I can make it if you think it could be usefull. Do you have some kind of IM so we can coordinate and not spam the thread?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 27, 2015, 06:58:49 pm »

Sure, we could probably afford to leave some stuff behind, like that sheet of rotted skin, the fish bones, that swollen muscle, and some minions like brain slime that don't seem to be useful right now (unless one of you guys has an idea for putting those together to make a thing so they'll take up less space)... also we could probably let some minions go inert and just leave them on the cart as items to raise in the future so they'll just be "mutated skeleton" or "mutated corpse" rather than having hitpoint tallies and sustenance to keep track of if we're worried about not having enough minions...

You could probably also save space by deleting spells we've already learned from the spellbook section too if we're hitting character limits, having the description written out twice has got to be taking up some text space...

As for what to do about the people... I don't think Valerik's going to be happy with us actually helping, but maybe we could just hand them some sticks and giggle to ourselves while watching them try to dig their way out with them...

I do however have a sugestion; lets make a Google Spredsheets dock that can simply track things much better. I can make it if you think it could be usefull. Do you have some kind of IM so we can coordinate and not spam the thread?
The problem with a google spreadsheet is that someone reading up after us would not know what we had at any given point if we kept it on a changing document like that, whereas the running tally system we have now means that if someone wants to read from the beginning they just see everything Valerik has at that point rather than everything he has and everything he will get...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 27, 2015, 07:04:28 pm »

Harvest the mana crop and enchant as many shovels as possible. We shouldn't get too greedy though. Having a nice rep is useful both socially and magically.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 28, 2015, 01:09:35 am »

Could we possibly make a portal that assures instantaneous transport between our base and where we are?
Maybe a simple frame (like a door frame) that can expand to whatever size we feed mana. Just place it into the ground, Say the magic words, Feed it mana and presto! Portal established.
Or it could always be open but capable of shrinking down to pocket size. For convenient transportation.
That way we will always have access to our resources but can also store away unneeded ones and be able to create a extensive workshop without needing to worry about taking it with us.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:11:21 am by Fallatus »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 28, 2015, 07:44:32 am »

Bigger on the inside chest anyone?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 28, 2015, 08:02:41 am »

as much as I like the bigger on the inside chest idea, shade would still have to keep up with it. and it would still have to be posted so we don't forget we have something that may save our lives.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 250