- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286856 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1680 on: April 26, 2015, 04:44:19 am »

(Ah yessss, things are back on track! :D )

> Try to see what makes the platinum Poor? Impurities, if so of what kind?

> Make another Iron Aparatus this time with only 1 bowl, but multiple output pipes coming out sideways so they can slowly drip materials into bowls, and add Engrave Runes of (Fusion sigil of( Crackpot III + 5% of the Oasis Water)). If there's the freedom of design for it, rather design it to operate quickly with a manual mana input rather than slowly of ambient like the normal crackpots.
> If this seems to work try puting some ore in it right away

> Consider the poisibility of puting the Tesla Feild on legs, and having it more shot like a beam. Then you just need to have it chase after minions that are runing low and shot them, hopefully with minimal inefficenct. Maybe even have it more "inject" it by touching them. This'd be more a standard semi-autonomus program with maybe an off swich rather than the more general order-following we usualy use.

> How is the magic generator working by the way? has it generated any fractional mana yet or is it doing the entire input in a big batch?

> Just try bouncing tiny amounts of mana against EVERYTHING, have penpal list the results of the experiments in a table

> Consider the posibility of using large amounts of silver-reflected mana to make flying/hovering minnions by antigravity

> What happened to the half of super fertelizer you didn't make into the stone? ask penpal what effect it'll have on plants grown in it /when mixed with soil

> Put the stone near our curent plants, and feed it a bit of mana to radiate out over time

((OOC: Have you considered making a separate list for thigns you know you'll be ading completion or output numbers to soon? Might make it easier to not forget))

> Identify the glass! Check it's quality, colour/cleanness of transparency, and how much we got! Either way, pour it over into other containers.
> Either way, make a pair of thin lenses in sleek elaborate bone frames

> NOW set Flesh in the turtle crackpot, for cell materials

> What hapens if you flatten one pellet and bounce mana of it?

> Make the garden outside, where there's proper sunlight.

> Garden blueprint:
 * Large flat wagon with wooden edges to contain the soil and a fence
 * Not self powered, designed to be pulled behind the main wagon, or directly by minions outside it
 * System of trellis for plants to climb on
 * metal pipes to distribute water and irrigate the whole thign from an elevated barrel monted on the trellis
 * pedestal in the center for the stone thingy we just made
 * something to contain mana withote and gradualy radiate it over the plants after bouncing it of a changable "flavorer" material
 * BIG, somethign like a mobile farm, we want to be able to suport LOTS of plants
 *> Considering the posibility of making the irrigation pipes *bloodsteel*, since the plants will be the closest to be "using" them, and life energy for them would be great

> The shifting perspective is why we made the fly at all, and why it's design focus was being fast. The idea is we can fly out, look around, and then come back in fairly qucikly, within a signle update.

> Try combining a drop of Miracle Serum with Splintered Life and see if it lets us expand a piece of wood into the whole garden wagon base? Only AFTER we get it outside somehow thou, we don't want it stuck in here.

> On the steel making, just try all sorts of ratios with small amounts, then when you find one that's good enough make the rest with that ratio

> We have a *lot* of elbow grease, lets use up a whole BUNCH of it on mind-expanding yoga exercises and strength/endurance training.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 26, 2015, 05:13:15 am »

"What on earth are you talking about? Stars are made of a variety of things. Large masses of porous metal or magically reflective material Absorb a certain amount of ambient magic before collapsing in on itself under the strain, Creating an inverted magical vacuum, Forcing several thousand Spiritual entities across 4th dimensional space to be sucked inside of the Star in question, Creating a near limitless supply of light, or other types of radiation, along with a constant Stream of magic radiating out of it until it is destroyed. Gasses would never be able to generate the amount of gravity necessary to incite fusion without destabilizing its own thaumic field with vibrations and ultimately collapsing into a supermassive Leyline."

"Even if it were so, that sounds like it would be a hellish existence, you could only live a few Trillion years before Your own star ran out of energy and either blew you up or froze you forever. making the development of life a 1 in a million scenario."

There is.. A lot of differences between here and there. Hehehee, Lets find out, EVERYTHING. C:

Valeric, We may require more information about the inner workings of your universe. How everything works and such, Mostly the basics. Unless we have already had this explained and i am merely scatterbrained.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:15:48 am by Fallatus »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 26, 2015, 09:27:11 am »

(Ah yessss, things are back on track! :D )
> Consider the poisibility of puting the Tesla Feild on legs, and having it more shot like a beam. Then you just need to have it chase after minions that are runing low and shot them, hopefully with minimal inefficenct. Maybe even have it more "inject" it by touching them. This'd be more a standard semi-autonomus program with maybe an off swich rather than the more general order-following we usualy use.

> Just try bouncing tiny amounts of mana against EVERYTHING, have penpal list the results of the experiments in a table

> We have a *lot* of elbow grease, lets use up a whole BUNCH of it on mind-expanding yoga exercises and strength/endurance training.
-The generator would probably need to "rest" to regain mana like us if it was given the ability to move, which might be bad or just quirky

-We have 5 mana, if that's all the spells we want to cast for the day then sure but check over the spell list to male sure there's nothing else you want to do before we start throwing it away testing random stuff

>Before we use up all our elbow grease lifting skeletons or whatever, build the workbench that uses the shaping sigil.
We might not have the sigil yet but the bench probably has uses without it and we can save the elbow grease later...

"What on earth are you talking about? Stars are made of a variety of things. Large masses of porous metal or magically reflective material Absorb a certain amount of ambient magic before collapsing in on itself under the strain, Creating an inverted magical vacuum, Forcing several thousand Spiritual entities across 4th dimensional space to be sucked inside of the Star in question, Creating a near limitless supply of light, or other types of radiation, along with a constant Stream of magic radiating out of it until it is destroyed. Gasses would never be able to generate the amount of gravity necessary to incite fusion without destabilizing its own thaumic field with vibrations and ultimately collapsing into a supermassive Leyline."

"Even if it were so, that sounds like it would be a hellish existence, you could only live a few Trillion years before Your own star ran out of energy and either blew you up or froze you forever. making the development of life a 1 in a million scenario."

There is.. A lot of differences between here and there. Hehehee, Lets find out, EVERYTHING. C:

Valeric, We may require more information about the inner workings of your universe. How everything works and such, Mostly the basics. Unless we have already had this explained and i am merely scatterbrained.
Oh dear, we have a lore aficionado in our midst. Shade's gonna have his work cut out for him unless he's already written the entire history of the world and all its physical properties (given the detail in the "original plot" I wouldn't be surprised if he did).

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 26, 2015, 10:00:03 am »

The idea was we'd be bouncing like 1% of a mana point of each thing, just barely enoguh to get a rough idea of how it's flavored as it bonces back into our face.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 26, 2015, 12:46:07 pm »

The red stone is a reference to redstone from Minecraft: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Redstone?cookieSetup=false.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 26, 2015, 01:02:45 pm »

The red stone is a reference to redstone from Minecraft: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Redstone?cookieSetup=false.
Did we get credit for "I Spy?" 'Cause I know someone said it in relation to Eye Spy.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 26, 2015, 02:54:21 pm »

Oh fiddlesticks I noticed that but *didn't* remember we had a metaquest about reporting them. I should probably look thought our other stuff for references... later.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 26, 2015, 04:17:16 pm »

Spoiler: Experiment log (click to show/hide)

You send your fly out for a moment to survey things before returning it. -1 mana.

Spoiler: Exposition log (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 7:16 AM (went to church)

((This was a big update, please tell me if I messed anything up.

Also Ding

Bleh I really don't want to give you Eye Spy, because it is just so absurdly obvious.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:19:36 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 26, 2015, 04:54:13 pm »

((Really? I figured out Redstone faster 'cause it was one of those things that's so obvious you don't realize it. Anyway, it's really your own fault for using such an obvious reference. You could have used Vision of the Lifeless, or if  you wanted a reference Soul Eye. Do unintentional references count?))
So would the skeel mana be useful as a tranq weapon? We should test this. Also kill and raise the cockroach to see skeel mana's effect on the undead.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:57:24 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 26, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

> Make contact with those people outside (using the wooden voice thing the fly has), and cooperate on getting things open

> On the steel making, just try all sorts of ratios with small amounts, then when you find one that's good enough make the rest with that ratio

> We have a *lot* of elbow grease, lets use up a whole BUNCH of it on mind-expanding yoga exercises and strength/endurance training. (also passes some time towards being meaningful to sleep)

> Examine the properties of the now a few days old magic biscuit

> Since the magic generator seems to be working, fill the buffer up all the way with fat. How long will it keep going at the "3 to 5 per day" rate with that?

> Do we know of any way to invert effects into their opposite? Specifically thinking of the Fuming Lilypads and mana bounced of them here.

> Add some (5%) superfertilizer to our existing plants, even thou it's dark in here it might do *something*, since the bone grew.

> Eat, Sleep

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 26, 2015, 06:46:38 pm »

Did we just get super lucky with the Identify Scroll? Also Would enchanting pipes with Great Shield alow for that pure mana pipe idea?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 26, 2015, 07:55:35 pm »

I feel like we're gonna need another one of those record links to this list of magics...

> Eat, Sleep
-1 to insta-sleep. We don't want to just sleep through our whole adventure, we'll never get anything done.

>Tell the guys outside that we're sending one of our digging minions out to help with clearing the rubble

We could probably make a water/other liquid cannon out of the gourd and some pipes if we could smelt metal but I don't think that works without mana...

>Save Elbow grease for building the garden cart

>Harvest the bone plant, extract seeds from the bone fruit and plant them

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 26, 2015, 08:52:53 pm »

Spoiler: Exposition log (click to show/hide)

You experiment with the Steel liquid. But louse it up. Adding less and less charcoal to each batch, all of them end up as Pig iron.

The fuming lilies? all those did was give your outfit a makeover and you horrifying nightmares, What do you intend to obtain with an inverted effect? either way, neither you nor wizard butler know of any way to outright and without exception invert a magical effect, outside of divine assistance.

You use a small portion of the Super fertilizer on the plants. But without any sunlight, they will be unable to Metabolize the incredible energy source.

The magic biscuit is holding up well, while the others are beginning to look a bit gamey.

You stuff the magic generator with fat, Fitting a whole 8 more pounds into it.  If your calculations are correct, it will produce about 5 mana a day, for 10 Days. It will only be able to hold the 5 mana though.

You harvest the bone plant, Getting 4 Bones, 3 Marrow Peppers, and 3 Seeds, which you plant back into the soil.

Yes, in theory if you enchanted an item with magical shield it could be used as a magic pipe, without tainting the mana in question.

"Hello? Is this thing on? I am sending a minion to aid in the digging."

"What on earth?" "Oi the fly is talkin!" "Shut it before I shut it for you! Er, Yes? Hello? Can you give us a head count on any living persons in there? We need to send a message to get more provisions, there is a camp a couple miles outside the Bandit's den."

"I will see what I can do."

You decide to try and do exercise to improve yourself, Starting with a few stretches and General "wake up stuff" followed by Running around the Sewer to try and improve your endurance. You feel The blood pumping after this hour long warmup, Your magically attuned nature helps you pace yourself energy wise, so you don't use too much. -7 Elbow grease

On your run you found Gallarn't and Harkim, helping with the sick.

"Mr. Valerik! How goes finding a way out of here? the nobility can only subsist off of Centipede stew for so long before someone looses it, if you know what I'm saying."

"Very soon young one, Soon we will get out of here, retake the city, if there is even one left, get your materials for study, and send you well on your way to becoming a master of the magical arts."

He nods with a Grim determination.

"I'm going to do good things Mr. Valerik. Make the people happy."

He handwaves over to a set of tiny dancing bugs, to your trained eye they are inefficient, but active undead.  Small children clap and giggle at the spectacle. while the Haggard adults Look on with a bit of hope as they tend to their stews, the fine cloth of their garments a stunning contrast to the Dirt and tears in them.

What do you say, if anything?

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 8:06 PM
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 26, 2015, 10:39:49 pm »

>Tell him about the guys with the drill outside

>Estimate how many people are in the cave

>Tell the guys outside your estimated headcount, and that everyone's managing to survive by eating cave creatures for now

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 27, 2015, 03:58:55 am »

(The idea with the lillies was inverting the nightmares, thus giving us very good dreams, and hopefully pointification points)

> Actualy, while structuraly inferior, dosn't pig iron presumably have an even stronger/more balanced version of steels magical properties?

+1 on what Aslandus said

> Tutor him a bit, pointing out where he did well and what he can do abaut the things he didn't. In the limit, this is essentially teaching him Advanced Raise Dead, although I doubt you'll get anywhere near that with one days lesson. On the other hand, he *is* a prodigy...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 250