- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286849 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1665 on: April 25, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »

My plan after shaping sigil is Great Sheld since it has huge potential to be combined into materials. But shaping sigil has MUCH higher priority, becuase withote it we'll be spending pontification points on single extruder commands.
And right now it's not worth it, what's so important to craft that you want to spend all our PP on a fool's errand to make it? If it's just the workbench then it can wait, killing monsters with a desk is hard and we can craft a fair number of items already. We could probably make better use of other spells for a much lower PP cost.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 25, 2015, 06:10:43 pm »

We'll be using the bench for literally everything. Minions, tools, armor, weapons, everything. The "fair number of items" we can curently craft are mostly crude and improvised. Why are YOU all so obsessed with killing monsters when we have almost a whole week before we'll be doing that to any significant extent again?

Ugh. We've clearlyy run headfirst into a limitation of sugestion games here and need GM intervention to prevent this form turning into a flamewar.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 25, 2015, 06:25:58 pm »

+1 to using other minions to do the transporting of ores

The shaping sigil is a sort of tradgedy of the commons thing; I agree and alredy realized this was suboptimal, but if we dont spend it now there's no way no one will spend it all on random opther spells long before tomorow.

I agree glass encrusted cells is a stupid idea. I meant to remove the glass first. I were already planing to use it for better glasses, and also window to the shaping bench and a mirror and probably some lenses and maybe minion eyes. And if it's good quality, set up making a much larger batch.

I know normaly iron works that way, but remeber we're melting this using a magical heat sorce that dosnt add any!

Regarding the iron, I'm hoing it turns out to basicalty *be* skeel. Using iron instead of steel is mostly because it's experimental and we don't know yet how easil we ccan make more steel, but we do know we have now p much unlimited iron.

I thogtuh we still had 9 berries? but yea we need to plant some.
Nope, it's the elemental forms that are needed:
"Craft Cells: Create the most basic form of organic life, Requires Carbon, Water, and Sodium."

+1 to saving the seeds! Actually, we should test to see if we can extract the seeds and still use the rest of the berry for the biscuits.

-1 to learning any of those spells. We have a week before we get out of this cave, we should be focusing on things that cascade into being able to make more things, like the table.

My plan after shaping sigil is Great Sheld since it has huge potential to be combined into materials. But shaping sigil has MUCH higher priority, becuase withote it we'll be spending pontification points on single extruder commands.
+1

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 25, 2015, 06:31:30 pm »

We'll be using the bench for literally everything. Minions, tools, armor, weapons, everything. The "fair number of items" we can curently craft are mostly crude and improvised. Why are YOU all so obsessed with killing monsters when we have almost a whole week before we'll be doing that to any significant extent again?

Ugh. We've clearlyy run headfirst into a limitation of sugestion games here and need GM intervention to prevent this form turning into a flamewar.
They've been good enough and I'm not obsessed with killing, it's just an example of the things we're likely to come upon. This is basically the same as the identification scrolls, yes the bench would be convenient but is it worth the opportunity cost, ie the possible things we'd be giving up to make it? Before it was mana, now it's pontification points.

I know it's a random chance so we might get it on the first go but it's still a low chance so we may not get it even if we put all the points toward it, and unless there's absolutely nothing else we want from the PP we shouldn't be throwing it away, especially since it's a fairly scarce resource.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 25, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »

You decide to save your Pontification Points. You feel there may be a better use than science or combat for them.

"Sir, that is one of your shovel blights, it has run out of energy."

So that's what those bones were.

Using your scythe, you extract the seeds from your remaining berries, turning them into berry mush. only two of them had seeds however.

You melt down the Iron boulders in the extruder, turning it into bars.

The glass is nearing completion.

You mark down the food engine in your items, you haven't put anything in it yet.

You revive your shovel blight, and send them and luggage off to Retrieve more iron. -1 mana

You melt down the Steel plates into Bars.

The pellets are made with a mixed bag of Slag according to your little buddy. to many different metals to be useful for anything but.

You plant the two seeds into the dirt.

The March lich plant has finished growing into it's first harvesting stage.

You should probably Do something about that note. Maybe Crafting a pair of communication eyes using Wizard butlers enchanted one as a base? You give it a 90% chance to succeed.

You pour water onto the Seeds that need it from a nearby puddle and consider from your knowledge what could make magical sunlight.

After you confer with Butler, you reach a consensus, You could use sunstone, turning ambient magic into light, you could use a thaumological contraption involving mercury and lightning in a vacuum chamber

Or, you could start doing work with Material magic, something you have been woefully neglecting. (By channeling magic at materials, you mean.)

Butler says that Word magic is a precice art that is generally able to do one thing precisely, While material magic is more raw and primal. You know full well how spoken magic works, you use your willpower to force your mana into the air, and then speak special phrases to trigger it's effects by altering it's wavelength. But with material magic, you use your will to thrust your magic at an object, and then, once the magic attunes to the material, continuing to exert your will over it, manipulating the changed magic. there isn't a loss of mana involved unless you get rid of it specifically. Allowing you to full well reabsorb a spell if you do not like it's effect. the only penalty being that you take the effect into yourself You have already experienced this when you absorbed Dead magic in a desperate bid for survival the difference being that Non-dead magic will be under your control. meaning you could learn very fast how not to hurt yourself with a spell.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 6:42

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:47:22 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 25, 2015, 08:10:42 pm »

>Drop one or two pounds of fat into the magic engine, we might not be able to digest it fast but it's good compressed calories

>Send one shovel blight to help dig out the cave, no reason to make the poor bastards dig us out of this alone

I suppose we need to decide: harvest the plant now to get more seeds and bone fruit or let it grow for another few days to get more fruit... I would say harvest since 1 mana can supply 5 plants so we'd be getting more sooner and for less mana but if you guys would rather hold off for 9 fruit I won't argue.

Magic walky talkies? Sounds useful, if a bit situational. I'd say get it.

A note to Armok specifically: I don't dislike you, you have a lot of good ideas and I don't want to get into shouting matches, but I do find some of your quirks a little annoying. Though single-minded determination to complete a goal is generally considered an admirable trait, getting tunnel vision to the point that you ignore costs and other possibilities can be problematic. If you want to continue this discussion we can do it via PM, no reason to clutter the thread more.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 25, 2015, 08:14:26 pm »

melt the slag pellets, slag is heavy, could be useful.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 25, 2015, 08:30:05 pm »

Before melting the pellets, you remind yourself that they are the ammunition for Nevermore's Machine gun, and that you should be cautious regarding that.

You fill the magic engine with A pound of fat, which immediately begins processing.

You call a shovel Blight to help them in clearing out the cave, Calling it back to give it a note Reflecting this.

You consider whether or not to Harvest your bone plant, you could do it now and get busy planting another one, or wait until it reaches it's peek harvesting time, which will be 4 more days form now.

You As Butler to let you see his eye, and he hesitantly agrees to it. It is a simple matter to Reverse engineer the process used, Though it only works on wood strangely enough. Because of how it resonates. It will also only work with two or more pieces of wood from the same tree. -1 Pontification point.

Records

Update started at 8:15

((I thought about making an imgur gallery and account, so I can keep all the updates in one place. is this a smart idea? and are there better places to do something like that?))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:31:39 pm by Shadestyle »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 25, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »

> Repair and refuel the shovel blight, and send it mining again.

> Consider ways to automate charging minions so this dosn't happen again. Maybe wizard butler can handle it, if we make him a wand we store mana in?

> Also make the tin and the platinum into bars.
> What mana properties does Tin, Coppter, Fertilizer, silver, Gold, and Rich Soil give when reflecting?

> crackpot the Poor Iron Bars, and add some Charcoal Stick in the right amount to get it as close to steal as possible. If this requires Crackpot 3 make another 2 silver bowls with it.

> *send out the fly already, into the sunlight*, because THAT'S what I'm waiting for with the digging out of this place and the plant stuff. my plan is to then make a separate garden wagon

(were puthing this one of for a while now, but if people aere starting with the growing... :)
> Take 25% of the Fertilizer. Use Fusion Sigil with one drop of the Miracle Serum. Put result in Crackpot together with 5 pounds of Rich Soil and stir *very thoroughly* to homogenize and dilute iot to the point where it won't harm plants.
> Take *half* of the resulting super soil, and use the Apparatus to merge that with Mutate.

-1 to melting the pellets. if anything we should be making more!

> Max out the sustenance on all minions.

> Take the two Shovel Blights, one Criminal Skeleton, and personally go check on the mines and set up a more orderly operation of actual systematic mining

> Use the Iron apparatus with a bar of Copper in one input, and two mana in the other attuned to lightning by reflecting them of platinum.

> Since we wasted the point alredy, might as well make a pair of wooden earpices to sync.
> Also, see if you can add wood to the fly and then use Engrave Runes to have the syncing be with the entire fly. And make this side of the fly one shaped like a hand mirror withote the glass yet

> Check on the glass. Again.

> IF AND ONLY IF we're not going to be learning Shaping Sigil any time soon, learn Great Shield, Apply Leaf, and... oh dammit Platemail is split into 3 differnet ones?! We *really* need shaping sigil.

> Fusion Sigil one of the berry seeds with one of the Giant Gourd Seed and plant it

> BLUEPRINT: Power Armor:
 * Internal steel Platemail
 * two fat zombies worth of muscle
 * Fusion Sigil'd platemail INTO the muscles
 * Blood powered valve thing
 * sinew-steel chinmail on the outside of everything
 * soft fat pading on inside, especialy around head
 * some kind of unbreakable glass helmet, sure we'll mix somthing up for this before this point
 * oversized mele weapon with tons of roten/filth/death magic into it atached directly to one arm
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 25, 2015, 09:03:51 pm »

+1 to make more pellets
+1 to garden wagon (our dead-magic plants can be happy)
+1to learn shaping sigle
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 25, 2015, 09:06:43 pm »

((Hot damn, that list of actions...

As for imgur, I'd say go for it, I've heard it's one of the best and I've never had any problems using it))

> Consider ways to automate charging minions so this dosn't happen again. Maybe wizard butler can handle it, if we make him a wand we store mana in?
This might be a good thing to use our magic generator for, save our own mana for casting and combining

+1 to the rest (since we only have two PP left, you might have to pick which you love more, apply leaf, grate shield, or pieces of platemail. Or of course getting something else, a shield made of lightning sounds like it could be cool.)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 25, 2015, 09:48:12 pm »

+1 to make more pellets
+1 to garden wagon (our dead-magic plants can be happy)
+1to learn shaping sigle
+1 to this and Armok
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 25, 2015, 10:19:35 pm »

You might be able to create a sort of Magical Tesla field, Which would charge your minions by Pumping the air in your cart full of Ambient Death Magic, but without a full bone coating and Magical Air-locks and the like, You could lose more mana than you save. this would also require a specific spell to Animate your minions that would make them receptive to sucking up ambient mana.

If your magic generator works as you hope, Then you could just make one of those per Group of minions, And Make them report to a designated feeding area for refueling. this would require adjusting the spell that controls their minds though, Which would actually be easy enough to do if you could list the conditions and actions in very precise terms, maybe even using beacons and the like.

A Large Bone Staff could store Mana in such a way that Wizard butler Could feed the minions himself. but he is still having problems with his mana control, Likely due to his new body. so far all he has been able to do is summon surges of unrefined magic.

A shield with lightning magic sounds awesome, Like, someone attacks you or a minion with their sword, and ZAP, they learn their lesson.

The shovel blights are already Repaired and refueled. One of them is mining with luggage, while the other has been sent to aid in mining out the escape route.

You melt the tin and Platinum into bars. -1 Mana.

You don't know about tin. It is either that or Sterling silver that is associated with water.

Silver Possesses the energy of the moon, Or more specifically, with reflection. It harms werewolves due to it reacting with the lunar magic they have absorbed, turning it into a stronger lunar magic that destroys their cells. When reflecting magic, or magical light, It can cause reactions with gravity. Many an adventurer carries a sharp silver mirror to unlock doors sealed with gravity, water, and light based security measures.  You would know. A filthy Half breed from one of your ancestral lines tried to destroy you by Sneaking in under cover of night, Blinding your minions and Skipping around your tower using it's properties coupled with the moons light.  It is also a Precious metal, Meaning that it's response to Magic created by it is a more refined version of itself.

You have no idea what soil would do. But it would likely be an absorption, Maybe influencing plants in it. If the soil is rich with Dead biomass, then normal mana would rejuvenate it, while Death magic would either ruin it, or Raise the biomass in it.

You don't really remember what gold does in response to mana. You do know that your world's sun is made of it though and like silver, it is a precious metal, refining it's own magic.

Copper is associated with Earth, maybe? It is a precious metal as well.

Fertilizer is definitely Associated with scent, Death, and a potential unknown. Due to being equal parts Bacteria, Liquid waste, and Assorted minerals. The exact effects however, depend on the mixture. for all you know that could be associated with more demonic magic.

You put the poor iron bars onto the crackpots available, mixing them with a single Charcoal stick. You guess you will just have to eyeball when you think it is done mixing.

You take a fourth of fertilizer, Fuzing it with Miracle serum, You put this into the Crackpot with Rich soil and Mix thoroughly. -1 mana, -2 Elbow grease.

You mix half of the result with A mutation spell. receiving a stone sphere pockmarked with holes of various sizes. About a meter in width. -1 Mana.

You fill all of your minions sustenance to the max. This tires you out QUITE a bit. -6 Mana.

You channel a bar of platinum, creating two Lightning? attuned mana. It isn't pure, and feels almost delayed.

You fuse two Platinum Attuned mana with one bar of copper in the Apparatus. Creating a Red Dusty Stone, It glows and shoots off little puffs occasionally. -2 Mana

You make a pair of wooden earpieces, using part of your wooden panel. -1 Mana, -1 elbow grease

You add another piece of sync wood to your fat fly, Engraving runes on it to make the Sound come to/from the entire fly. You also shape a Divot into the wooden portion, as if to put a mirror.

The glass is finally complete.

You think about it, and are conflicted on what to spend your points on. Maybe you could split the research on the shaping sigil somehow.

You dig out the berry seed and fuse it with a Giant gourd seed, planting the result. -1 mana

You mark down a blueprint for Some Good old fashioned power armor.

The pellets require lead, Iron, and aluminum to produce. do you want to make them out of an alternate material?

So, Do you want to make the garden wagon outside or right here?

You need to remember than when you use Eye-Spy, your perspective shifts to the Minion in question, Leaving you essentially blind until you cease the spell. You can go with the fly or with your shovel blights.

You try to learn the shaping sigil with all your mental faculties, The pieces just don't click, the way it requires the information to be plugged in just puzzles you to no end. You walk away from the sheet detailing the magical formula feeling frustrated. -2 Pontification Points.

Records

Update started at 8:15

((You sure know that Valeric is in good shape When his mana and Elbow grease can survive an Entire Armok Brand™ Update.))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:46:47 pm by Shadestyle »

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 25, 2015, 11:25:26 pm »

Wait waitwaitwait Wait, Back up a moment. You said this worlds star is made of gold? like the material? or is it metaphorically speaking?
If your sun IS literally made of gold could you explain how it came to? Normally stars are composed of gas of such immense amounts its own gravity allows it to initiate nuclear fusion, The force of which pushes the gas outward preventing it from collapsing upon itself. Or have i completely misunderstood how stars work?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 25, 2015, 11:37:27 pm »

"What on earth are you talking about? Stars are made of a variety of things. Large masses of porous metal or magically reflective material Absorb a certain amount of ambient magic before collapsing in on itself under the strain, Creating an inverted magical vacuum, Forcing several thousand Spiritual entities across 4th dimensional space to be sucked inside of the Star in question, Creating a near limitless supply of light, or other types of radiation, along with a constant Stream of magic radiating out of it until it is destroyed. Gasses would never be able to generate the amount of gravity necessary to incite fusion without destabilizing its own thaumic field with vibrations and ultimately collapsing into a supermassive Leyline."

"Even if it were so, that sounds like it would be a hellish existence, you could only live a few Trillion years before Your own star ran out of energy and either blew you up or froze you forever. making the development of life a 1 in a million scenario."
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 250