- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286833 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1650 on: April 23, 2015, 08:30:02 pm »

Yesssssss...

> Hmm I think the Identify and Proclaim in one slot, and False Target in the other.

> To test the material merger, maybe Iron + one of those spare flame charges?

> Time to sleep soon. Maybe reading before bed, and/or having a conversation with the pen identifying various mundane things and even asking other questions will inspire us? Also, an evening meal if we're not already capped.

Wonder how much ore we'll be waking up to...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 23, 2015, 08:31:42 pm »

remind me were we are again?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 23, 2015, 08:56:53 pm »

Is there any material associated with control? We can try fusing that with the h-eye-ve.
Well, I think we can use necromancy to manipulate skeel, but there's already skeel in the h-eye-ve

remind me were we are again?
In a cave, with a bunch of townsfolk and our undead army.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 24, 2015, 10:18:28 pm »

You do not have any Mana to control and trigger a fusion, with either your Machine or your magic.

You do not really have much to read, you can't think of any questions, and nothing really catches your curiosity specifically you would have to be more specific.

There isn't a Material per say, associated with control, but Golem cores, Magical Chains or Ribbons, and Spheres are often used for controlling things.

You decide to finally go to sleep after an eventful exciting evening, Eating a serving of your rations to quell your growling stomach.

Your sleep is restful, though disturbing. you dream of being overwhelmed accidentally by your minions, the hoard stampeding over you at your mis-worded command. +3 Pontification points. +19 mana, +12 Elbow Grease, +14 Health, +2 Flame charges.

You awaken to a pile of bones and a Shovel blight. rocks are piled around your bed.

Spoiler: You read the new note. (click to show/hide)

You really don't feel like Picking out every living thing in this dump.

You fuse the Identifications scroll and self proclaim in one slot, with the false target in another. Obtaining a new spell Sphere. -2 mana.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You fuse Iron and a Flame charge, creating a metal with red pulsing veins in it. it feels very fragile, and would likely take care to craft it into something without rupturing them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 8:13
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 25, 2015, 02:09:26 am »

> Spend all the pointification points trying to learn Shaping Sigil
> If we do, make the bench!!!

> Check on the crackpot and see if it's finaly made glass
> If it has, put in some flesh to get materials for Craft Cells

> Melt down the ores into bars. Ask pen if it's to much or to little carbon that makes the iron not be steel

> Try to figure out where the new bones came from. maybe ask butler?

> Wait didn't we make a zombie stomach and set it to generating mana for us? If not, make it. If we did, list it and check if it has generated anything!

> Instruct the Shovel Blights to cooperate, expanding the tunnel to the *nearest part of the iron vein* and focusing entirely on extracting large amounts of iron for now. IF they keep bringing out stuff that isn't iron, try to identify what is going wrong.

> while we're at it with the ores and such, also melt/purify those rusted steel plates into pure bars.

> Extract sinew from one of the alredy partialy harvested corpses, and use the aparatus to merge it with the iron bar. Hopefully it'll work like the Skeel, but even better...

> The tallow treats are working well, make a whole lot more!

> Ask pen, and observe through glasses, the magical tallow treat. has anything changed about it with time?

> What metal are the Metal Pellets made from anyway?

> Let's cast Eye Spy on the Fat Fly and send it outside in the sunlight to explore!
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 25, 2015, 03:01:21 am »

Ooh! Can we create a eye sized ball(or an actual eye) and magic it such that it can be used as a two way communication device?(We can see and hear what is said on its end and also speak through it to whoever is on its side.)
Then place the eye in either a skeleton or shovel blight (either) and meet with those (preferably) nice people with the notes. We should also probably enchant it so that we are notified when it has encountered those people.

Also, Instruct a few minions to act as "minecarts" for Shovel blights, Transporting materials from them to us so they don't have to stop digging for a while or until they run out of ore to dig.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 25, 2015, 08:02:57 am »

Ooh! Can we create a eye sized ball(or an actual eye) and magic it such that it can be used as a two way communication device?(We can see and hear what is said on its end and also speak through it to whoever is on its side.)
Then place the eye in either a skeleton or shovel blight (either) and meet with those (preferably) nice people with the notes. We should also probably enchant it so that we are notified when it has encountered those people.

Also, Instruct a few minions to act as "minecarts" for Shovel blights, Transporting materials from them to us so they don't have to stop digging for a while or until they run out of ore to dig.
Good question, can we reverse engineer the magic in Wizard Butler's eye socket so we can make our own two way communication device?

We can probably make luggage do the hauling, he's already a walking chest...
> If we do, make the bench!!!

> Check on the crackpot and see if it's finaly made glass
> If it has, put in some flesh to get materials for Craft Cells

> Melt down the ores into bars. Ask pen if it's to much or to little carbon that makes the iron not be steel

> Extract sinew from one of the alredy partialy harvested corpses, and use the aparatus to merge it with the iron bar. Hopefully it'll work like the Skeel, but even better...

> The tallow treats are working well, make a whole lot more!
Whoa, slow down there tiger:

-The shaping sigil is at a 22% chance to learn, if we want to have a decent chance of getting it I think we'll need at least 5 PP, or to improve the odds in some way (presumably by just getting better at magic). We can still try, but it's definitely not a guaranteed spell to get so we may want to consider other options again, even if it's just saving the PP.

-I can think of at least three things that would be better to use that glass for than making glass covered cells:
1: turn it into flasks and fill them with some kind of caustic liquid (or necromantic goo, or pheonix juice) to throw at enemies in the future
2: put windows on our cart so we can look out without risking being shot (or for dramatic exits if we ever get around to making this headband give us health/life force for doing cool things)
3: Using it to make better lenses for these goggles than the purple gems

-I can tell you now that most iron has too much carbon to be considered steel, it's a very small percentage (about .08 to 2% carbon) of the material that should be carbon (pure iron is called "wrought iron"). Unless we have flux and an air pump to help remove the carbon we should really not be forcing more into the metal.

-Why make a new metal? We haven't even tried using Skeel (which we may want to make more of) for anything but this eye. If you're planning to make a necromantic bow that also works as a saw or something then that could be cool but it seems like a strange decision to start throwing random crap into our iron supply instead of using it for actual things like more ironclad skeletons.

-I think we're out of berries for the tallow treats, unless you think a spicy version that uses red hot seeds instead would be good (glad we got one planted so we don't run out)

>Pour some water from a nearby puddle onto the gourd and red hot seed, ponder if there's some way to make artificial sunlight with magic

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 25, 2015, 08:14:22 am »

+1 to using other minions to do the transporting of ores

The shaping sigil is a sort of tradgedy of the commons thing; I agree and alredy realized this was suboptimal, but if we dont spend it now there's no way no one will spend it all on random opther spells long before tomorow.

I agree glass encrusted cells is a stupid idea. I meant to remove the glass first. I were already planing to use it for better glasses, and also window to the shaping bench and a mirror and probably some lenses and maybe minion eyes. And if it's good quality, set up making a much larger batch.

I know normaly iron works that way, but remeber we're melting this using a magical heat sorce that dosnt add any!

Regarding the iron, I'm hoing it turns out to basicalty *be* skeel. Using iron instead of steel is mostly because it's experimental and we don't know yet how easil we ccan make more steel, but we do know we have now p much unlimited iron.

I thogtuh we still had 9 berries? but yea we need to plant some.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:18:09 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 25, 2015, 11:48:16 am »

I agree glass encrusted cells is a stupid idea. I meant to remove the glass first. I were already planing to use it for better glasses, and also window to the shaping bench and a mirror and probably some lenses and maybe minion eyes. And if it's good quality, set up making a much larger batch.
We would need Crackpot II for that. Craft Cells needs chemicals not atoms.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 25, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »

Ah yeah, I couldn't see them in the cluttered inventory list, but we should still extract seeds from one or two before we run out...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 25, 2015, 12:40:42 pm »

Ah yeah, I couldn't see them in the cluttered inventory list, but we should still extract seeds from one or two before we run out...
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 25, 2015, 12:43:40 pm »

How about we learn True Resurrection (Heiflam Daged) and Real Lightning. Both those spells have high chances of learning and are quite useful.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 25, 2015, 03:43:04 pm »

How about we learn True Resurrection (Heiflam Daged) and Real Lightning. Both those spells have high chances of learning and are quite useful.
True resurrection looks a bit expensive to use, but it could be useful and when the situation comes up we'll be kicking ourselves if we didn't take it. Real lightning will probably have some combination utility, but I remember all the spells from that book being essentially useless on their own... That said, both would probably still be a better investment than spending 3 PP trying and likely failing to get a spell and ending up with nothing... And for combo purposes raw life could probably have utility too, especially if we plan on being a "noble" necromechanic (or possibly find a way to reverse it so we can extract mana from living things)

There's also the separation sigil which has a good chance of working and "actual fireball" in case we want another way to light campfires or something, or at 50% we have secondary core and empower golem which could both be useful if we are going to be making more golems or using Nevermore for combat. Or literally anything from the extruder could be learned for 1PP so we can arm our skelebros and craft more stuff from metal...

In fact, apart from the unnamed book and our most powerful spells, the shaping sigil has the lowest chance to learn of any spell in our archive (and rightly so if it does what it says it does). I very much recommend we veto Armok on this one... In fact:

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 25, 2015, 03:47:15 pm »

Nope, it's the elemental forms that are needed:
"Craft Cells: Create the most basic form of organic life, Requires Carbon, Water, and Sodium."

+1 to saving the seeds! Actually, we should test to see if we can extract the seeds and still use the rest of the berry for the biscuits.

-1 to learning any of those spells. We have a week before we get out of this cave, we should be focusing on things that cascade into being able to make more things, like the table.

My plan after shaping sigil is Great Sheld since it has huge potential to be combined into materials. But shaping sigil has MUCH higher priority, becuase withote it we'll be spending pontification points on single extruder commands.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 25, 2015, 04:19:27 pm »

also -1. It may be useful, but it isn't really worth it yet.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 250