- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286835 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1635 on: April 22, 2015, 10:33:57 am »

Can't we just zombify a fly and send it out? Or send one of our other minions? I don't think we need a mega fly to see what's going on...

Also maybe we should've got that muscle magic book, we're a bit puny...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 22, 2015, 10:48:05 am »

Well, we could, but in *absolute* terms a fly isn't all that fast even if it is for it's size and has very good reflexes, and kinda to small to work on well, and a bigger one will be able to fight of minor threats or even bring small objects back. Improving it like this costs us very little.

Being puny isn't really an issue, we're not supposed to be engaging directly with physical traits, that's for minnions. If others think it's an issue we could very easily make a power-armor-shaped zombie. Actually, that might be a good idea anyway, to be able o run away, and get to places with better vantage points and such. Should rpobably wait untill we can get our hands on some normal armor to incorporate into it thou. Or more likely, get the metal and translation to have the extruder make it. I have a bunch of ideas but can't be bothered to type out the blueprint right now.

Oh, and since I almost did, don't forget these still queued commands:

> message to send back: "Yes. Who are you and how can we trust you're not our attackers?"
> Before sending of thou identify all the rocks, to specific mineral name

> Wait, entertainment helps us get pointification points?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:50:14 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 22, 2015, 03:09:27 pm »

Automatically identify any new things with the pen in the future, so that we don't have to constantly ask to identify things with it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 22, 2015, 06:06:34 pm »

Automatically identify any new things with the pen in the future, so that we don't have to constantly ask to identify things with it.
+1
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:48 pm »

+1
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 22, 2015, 06:42:05 pm »

You capture another fly, this time just putting the runes right on it's shell after swelling up, mutating and killing it. -1 Mana.

After reviving the thumb sized monster, you find that it serves it's purpose well enough, flying around and doing so quickly.

You have identified the rocks already. all of them are tainted with gypsum, silica, and calcium, 4 of them are iron ores, and one is platinum.

Butler pops out his wooden eye and equips the Spy Fly Eye Hive.

"This is very disturbing. it is like compound vision, but with about 20 different perspectives."

"About half of them are pitch black, with white dots. And the largest... Panel, I suppose is a good word, is what I am looking at right now."

"This is very gut wrenching, if I had guts that is, may I remove this sir?"

The flies are not acting any differently, still flitting about, picking at the dust and filth around.

You write on the note "Yes, but who are you, and how can we be sure that you are not our attackers.", before rolling it up, jamming it back in your minion's eye, and sending him off.

Your buddy will now identify things that come into your possession.

"Hey, I don't need no damn book to get strong, I.. Uhh.."

"You are out of practice?"

"I am out of practice!"

You resolve to use the biggest weapon you can find next time you fight to prove a point.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 6:18
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:54:03 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 22, 2015, 07:52:45 pm »

> Wait, entertainment helps us get pointification points?
The description for the mech suggests that being around mentally stimulating things causes us to gain more pontification points, I don't know if that would apply to all "entertainment", but if you feel like doing something nutty go for it...

>Let wizard butler remove the eye

I guess we could use the h-eye-ve to make more skeel by letting the flies eat iron and bones then melting down the maggots...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 22, 2015, 09:05:55 pm »

> Set the extruder to melt those 4 ore pieces into iron, just keeping a faction of each. Are they the same kind or different? Hematite? magnetite?

> What do we know about the magical uses and properties of platinum?

> The shovel blight is working *very* well, lets make another one and send it to get iron!

> Make a iron apparatus that has 2 input bowls, a small hollow sphere tank/reactor, and Engraved Runes of Crackpot Sigil and Fusion Sigil to melt and combine materials directly with disregard of form, A valve to control the whole thing. Add runes of Sustain Spell so that you can add spells directly to materials as well without the mess of first sustaining them and then melting that and then fusing.

> Hmm... what happens if we take Sustained Identify, Self Proclaim, and False Target, and fuse them into a single spell?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 22, 2015, 09:13:19 pm »

> Hmm... what happens if we take Sustained Identify, Self Proclaim, and False Target, and fuse them into a single spell?
Order would matter. We can only combine two things at a time.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 22, 2015, 10:20:51 pm »

Order would matter. We can only combine two things at a time.
Oh dear, I imagine we'll either end up with something between an identification that lies, a decoy that sells us out, and a mirror. It'll be hilarious, we have to make that and use it on someone.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 22, 2015, 10:46:21 pm »

My idea was mostly something intresting to talk to as we're going to bed.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 23, 2015, 09:35:04 am »

+1

Also, let wizard butler remove the fly eye and put back in his normal eye, but first test to see if he can control the flies. Maybe he can keep the eye and not be disoriented by making the flies close their eyes (coincidental rhyme!).

Wait, do flies have eyelids?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:39:51 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 23, 2015, 03:04:07 pm »

I don't think they do.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 23, 2015, 07:44:11 pm »

Wizard butler tries to control the flies, and after wiggling his eyes around he manages something, the flies Crowd around him, creating a dodecahedron around his head. They with anouther twitch they crowd to his eye, covering the entirety of it. his shoulders relax, and they return to their business.

"That seems to be all I can do sir, I used some of my old meditations tricks to 'dilate' the pupil. and vise versa. but other than that. No response. it creates a very interesting fish eye effect, and then a less nauseating compound eye effect. I would still prefer my old one though Master Valeric.  Also, they do not have eyelids."

"At ease then wizard butler, we can test this more later on."

You get ready for a complex series of spells, sustaining An identification scroll spell, a Self Proclaim spell, and a False target spell, In which order will the fusions be? All of your equipment right now is adjusted for two objects. (You could Put two of them in one slot as well.) -6 Mana.

Spoiler: The iron ore (click to show/hide)

You melt the metal ore in the Extruder.

"Platinum is commonly associated with lightning, in an inverse of some uninformed fiction authors beliefs, Lightning does NOT turn into magic when shot at platinum, But rather, the inverse. When paired with Topaz and Frozen smoke, platinum is capable of very convoluted Magitek. Which I think I have glanced over once or twice in some necromantic research once upon a time."

"In battle it is commonly paired with Teleportation, anti-gravity, and Beacon spells to create artificial lightning bolts, which are far more accurate than other ranged uses of it, when considering the nature of electricity.

"When tainted by the minerals described however, I predict that the lighting will behave erratically, and may not choose only a single target to vent it's charge."

"You could be wrong though, with all due respect my liege, the electricity produced could be trapped inside due to the lack of conductivity of the non-metal pollutants, leading to a highly unstable heating element as the energy tries to escape through heat. Not even considering the effects of the minerals on the magic's frequency. It may do something completely unexpected if we are unlucky."

"Fair enough Wizard Butler."

You transform another minion into a Shovel blight, Coating it's shovels and salvaging the boneyard for more arms. -2 Mana, -2 Elbow grease.

You send it off after it's brother to retrieve more iron ore.

You use the iron to craft an iron apparatus, capable of fusing materials, rather than objects. You also engrave spell sustaining runes into it, so you can just add magic to the mix directly. It contains valves to control the entire process. This seems Familiar somehow.  You check this off your list of things you want to do. -2 Mana, -5 Elbow grease.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 6:46
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:19:53 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 23, 2015, 08:07:02 pm »

Is there any material associated with control? We can try fusing that with the h-eye-ve.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 250