- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286789 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1575 on: April 17, 2015, 12:29:23 pm »

Nooo! -1 on learning ANYTHING! I'm saving this point for maxing our chance to learn Shaping Sigil tomorow! We got a whole week to learn other spells, but the shaping one is needed for building stuff we'll be doing *during* that week!

Also, on planting that reminded me:
> Colect sewage from all these humans in a Crackpot. Add a drop of purifying water (mostly to get rid of the stench) and stir untill homogenus. We'll need fertelizer for later stuff.
We only have a 22% chance for learning the shaping sigil so it'll likely take more than 2 PP (1 today + 1 tomorrow) to learn. Eye Spy could be immediately useful, and will likely have uses for the rest of the adventure while this shaping sigil would help with the bench (which would help with crafting, granted, but we have several ways to craft already) and then mostly just sit in our spell list for the rest of our quest. I'm willing to let it sit by for another few days at least...

That is, unless you have a plan with what to do with this bench that would justify putting ALL our resources toward it NOW in which case it would be nice to know.

+1 to collecting fertilizer though, with luck we can infuse it with death magic and save mana we would've used on the plants in the future.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: April 17, 2015, 12:36:52 pm »

The container must be like so, or similar for it to function correctly, This is due to it needing to purge all the air from it. Having more than one hole would overexert the spell, or risk contamination.

You also plant one of every plant you have, a red hot seed, a Gourd seed and one more March lich seed.

You feed your bone plants with some mana, -1 Mana

You decide to properly learn Eye Spy, The concepts come easy, Now all that is left is to put it into practice. -1 Pontification point

But first, Breakfast.

The food gave you a buffer, so your body can restore itself even with poor luck. Quality food will of course be better for you and may have some effect on other aspects of your health. You feel that this last meal was obviously very poor quality, as your tummy still aches.

You rework the Table design after thinking it over some more, It may still require Fiddling.

Which minion will you send into the hole? The eye spy spell unfortunately overwrites your own perspective until you cancel it, and can only be cast on a minion nearby.

With some magic and some gumption, You rework your Shovel Blight, Adding another pair of arms, coating the shovels in iron, and making a modified Changing sigil on each to make digging easier. -4 Mana, -1 Elbow grease.

You Craft some Sweet Tallow and Meat rations by Making a pot out of Leftover Iron, boiling 10 pounds of Fat in that and scooping off the melted bits, Fuzing the tallow with a berry, which yields a red colored block of the stuff, which you mutate slightly to shrink it and grill it along with some Meat using a slow flame charge. -2 mana, -1 Elbow grease, -1 Flame charge.

This process yields about 5 Servings of Sweet Tallow Treats.

> If it seems it might do any use, try filling a tallow ration with a point of mana and let it settle in.

Who knows, You fill one ration with mana to see what will happen.

You eat one of the Rations, It is MUCH more palatable then your last meal, and dare you say tasty to boot.

Your only real benefit as a lich is an immunity to mundane disease, and unlimited storage of food since you can keep your Steak "Alive" for as long as you wish. Human flesh isn't as big of a no-no as it should be, but that is just a personal choice, as you like chewy things.

You gather up some sand, and put it in a turtle shell that you Engrave with a Crackpot III symbol, It slowly begins to melt. -1 mana

You refuse to Modify your own being with necromancy. It is abhorrent to your one self imposed rule, Which is to keep necromancy from corrupting your body like some of the liches, who turn into fleshy horrors in a mad search for power. Becoming no better than the undead they command. It is a slippery slope.

Making a food to magic generator could work, as a matter of fact, you could do that now. The problem is that it would leak mana and generally waste it in production unless it was perfectly designed.

That sounds Awful, deliciously Awful

What are you a vampire? But no, Feeding off of blood and pure mana would do the opposite, Giving you more mana and less Elbow grease. that is why Liches who have turned into skeletons are weak nerds.

You cast self proclaim, it seems like such a small spell, Not even using a whole mana point.

Spoiler: You feel strange. (click to show/hide)

You collect some... Waste... From the local human population, Mixing it with oasis water in a hollowed out tombstone. A film of something far worse than poopie rises to the top of the mixture, black and hissing, The oasis water is seemingly gone.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 10:45
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:17:42 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: April 17, 2015, 01:10:22 pm »

Identify it! With all our methods!
I'm gonna say we are good. We have two evil actions with good subtext three good actions with evil subtext and one good action with no subtext.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 17, 2015, 01:21:25 pm »

Next time we sleep we should do it in the mech, it gets extra PP according to the scroll.

Anyway, for now:
>Use Eye spy on Nevermore and have him walk outside through the hole

I assume there's no points for saying "Eye spy" is a reference to the car trip game/kids game "I spy"

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: April 17, 2015, 01:23:19 pm »

Oh, the shape is not inherent, it's to let it create a vacuum huh...
> In that case, I say make the shape sort of like a bowl sunken into the table like a sink, with a vaulted lid with an animated hinge of bone, and a *tiny* hole with a valve in it, to minimize the energy needed to maintain the vacuum. Also, althou this does make it require glass, the lid should have a window, convex as to withstand the presure. We'll also need some kind of rubbery thing to seal the seam form the lid I guess.
> With this design, making it so that the crackpot is *inside* the working area might be best.

> Check how much the dig speed of the shovel blight has increaded by these changes, and send it prospecting.

> Even if it hasn't fully melted, you should be able to check on the sand, seeing what kind of glass it's likely to become, and stiring it might speed thigns up a bit

> Ok! Lets make a food to magic generator! As for the leakage issue... just coat it in a shell of bone, and on top of that a thin layer of silver, this should hopefully make mana that leaks from the necromantic parts just bounce back and forth. I'm imaging a big silvery sphere here, with a valve out for mana, and a valve with a funnel in for liquified (either molten tallow or crackpot'd meat) food. Try for whatever size gives the best material to mana ratio, we have plenty of food and if the output is to low we'll jus make an array of them, but the materials to make them from is limited.

> This almost failed, but luckily the film is on the *surface*; skimm it of and put it in a separate bowl, then repeat this with just a tiny amount each time untill we get it pure enoguh that it dosnt happen! Ask pen abaut both fertelizer and the colected superfilth.

> Put a bowl of Flesh on melting to prepare the generators first meal

> Ok, lets shout the outside, but first we need something to do the scouting. Lets capture a live fly, as are sure to be plenty of around here, and give it a small fraction of a droplet of Miracle Serum (seriously, it's a fly, is it really going to cost us a full %?), then Mutate it for maximum speed and powerfull flight at the cost of everythign else. Then, make a tiny fly-like skeleton (also maxemized for speed but also for seeing, and probably not actualy capable of flight due to wings being made of the worng metrial but that hopefully won't matter)), coat it in a tiny bit of Skeel using Apply Leaf, and use Engrave Runes of Eye Spy on it. Then, use Fusion Sigil to merge the living fly and the skeletal fly.

> Send this new minion out scouting while we use Eye Spy on it, just lieing in our comfy bed.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 17, 2015, 01:28:12 pm »

What would we need to do to recreate our phylactery?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 17, 2015, 01:40:25 pm »

Wait, can we do apply leaf? It's not on our ability list... Also, before I forget:

>Stretch the bandit zombies' finger bones into claws on our necromancer's workbench, it's not like they'll be using tools anyway

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: April 17, 2015, 02:28:07 pm »

I've played and seen other people play sly cooper. But what defines a sly cooper heist as different than a regular heist? Also we should definitely search for/develop an impossible thief spell/skill/technique ect. tree.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: April 17, 2015, 02:58:39 pm »

I've played and seen other people play sly cooper. But what defines a sly cooper heist as different than a regular heist?
I think that for it to qualify as a sly cooper heist we gotta steal from a Master thief. That's what the coopers do anyhow, Steal from thieves. I think, It's been a while.

Also, Do we know what that causes mind degeneration from dead magic/Necromantic magic? If not, Maybe we could try to find out why and how it affects the mind. Might possibly find a loophole to exploit, Allowing us to use it on ourselves while keeping our precious mind.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 17, 2015, 03:19:02 pm »

Nope. Bad idea. I really think we're going for misunderstood science for necromancy and experimenting on minds really puts the all costs in the scholar at  all costs. And gods damnit I want some damn good times fluffy god magic!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 17, 2015, 03:28:45 pm »

I've played and seen other people play sly cooper. But what defines a sly cooper heist as different than a regular heist?
I think that for it to qualify as a sly cooper heist we gotta steal from a Master thief. That's what the coopers do anyhow, Steal from thieves. I think, It's been a while.
I assumed he meant we need to come up with plan and create two side plots with other minions so that we can do several things at once, then execute it successfully and simultaneously resulting in our objective being done with finesse rather than brute force... planning would look sorta like this, if you've never played the games before (I picked the first video I found, it's not that great quality but meh):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNRe9qwWjyU

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 17, 2015, 03:35:37 pm »

Just remembered something. Did we ever fuck around with our soul after we woke up?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 17, 2015, 08:21:32 pm »

You send Shovel blight prospecting, After finding that his digging speed is much faster then before. you give him the simple order to take any inconsistent rocks back to the mouth of the tunnel.

You check on the Melting sand, the grains are slowly disappearing, You decide against stirring it, as you aren't sure what would happen.

You extract a stomach from one of your cadavers, and plop it on your workbench, Working it over with bone until you get a nice little device, with a valve on one end, and a stylized skull shaped cap on the other, covering a funnel. You then coat this in a layer of thick silver, to hopefully keep the mana from escaping. Your future examples of this will either need metal valves or a new material manipulator, as you dread the idea of putting bones in the extruder again. -2 elbow grease.

On reanimation later and you can hear the cogs of science turning metaphorically speaking.  You set aside a bowl of melting flesh for use in testing this. -1 mana

To recreate your phylactery, You would need your true soul, which would be bound and split into the pieces of the shattered phylactery. Once you restore it, and by extension, your mortal soul, your powers will be phenomenal, and your years of training restored, you remember.

You stretch all of the bandit zombies fingers into claws. The effectiveness of this will be decided soon enough. -1 Elbow grease.

You do not actually know apply leaf. (Unless I botched an update somewhere along the line.)

The cause of degeneration in flesh warped necromancers is arrogance followed by intense psychosis. If you change something, you can never return it to it's natural state, chemical imbalances can cause a sort of feedback, until the being in question is a shadow of who they once were. That and the fact that Mutation is a necromantic art that living things can -recover- from, it is still wholly incompatible with living matter, you are only partially undead right now, and that is only due to your missing phylactery. A fully undead being loses something important that necromancers to this day have difficulty quantifying. even if they have a soul, It is theorized that once a being becomes fully undead, it loses a part of it's will, or intent, the ultimate source of control over magic. the same thing can happen to a powerful being under the effects of mind control, If such a hold is broken in a certain way, their entire magical pool can Flip into dead magic in an instant, as they lose their will to live. This leaves them either mindless engines of destruction, or possessed of only one goal, one remaining intent.  As mentioned before, this is also why a soul with no body will eventually become enslaved by their own mana as it grows out of control.

The point is, you could mutate yourself without screwing everything up, but why risk it?

You never fucked around with your soul after you woke up.

You decide to check out the black liquid, analyzing it and the like.

You gaze into the pool of filth, and are entranced by your reflection in it.  It seems so inviting, despite the sludge in it, it's reflection is perfect.

You see yourself moving closer to it, even though you are sure you are standing still, suddenly, your vision through goggles flash every color incredible brightly, stunning you, you stumble back just in time to dodge a filthy claw emerging from the Tombstone. You'll be sure to thank whatever angel or demon goes by the name "Big Brain"

A shadow crawls from the Pool, Wearing soggy torn robes and two shredded ears, it looks like hell took a bath in rancid fecal matter, Bright purple eyes gaze out of sunken festering sockets.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records

Update started at 7:05
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: April 17, 2015, 08:34:07 pm »

Use Scroll!
Also ask it what the fuck is going on.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54:54 pm »

Oh dear, our shadow has come to kill us and take our place, look at it without the glasses first to make sure we're not hallucinating (actually, those goggles seem to be like goggles of revealing, so it might be invisible except through the goggles). Then have the wolves attack it, or if it's invisible hit it with our scythe.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 250