- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286767 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1560 on: April 15, 2015, 05:49:50 pm »

could we make a zombie that heals itself via bloodsteal implants?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 15, 2015, 06:52:38 pm »

And we have yet to use either... I think it's on the to-do list to make our circlet into bloodsteel, but we just haven't gotten around to it/forgot
I meant sustain and combine.
Try scan alchemy magic. Or enchantments. Speaking of which how does enchantment usually work?
What? What would we be scanning? We don't have a book on enchantments or anything... Are you talking about the sigils we stick on things and then they do new stuff? Your use of the word "enchantment" is rather vague

It appears that we could use this gourd for carrying water or making our cart into a raft if we found reason to...
>try to scan for metal, specifically copper and iron

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 15, 2015, 10:55:04 pm »

Wait, so most of the complexity is for the melting part, and the dwarven is all control input for the shaping sigil. What about we just learn the shaping sigil, then connect it to the undead minds we can already control, and use a crackpot sigil to get the liquid stuff for it to shape? We need at least one pointification point to attempt learning that thou.

> Sleep

> reverse engineer Shaping Sigil

> PLAN: a new awesome table! Centerpice is a large spherical "cage" of bone, on it differnet parts so they can be separately or simultaneusly activated engraved the new Shaping Sigil, the Changing Sigil, a skull firt animated and then conceptualy merged with a sustained shaping sigil, and crackpot sigil. There's also a large melting bowl to the side with a valve into the shaping cage and a crackpot sigil. There's also a pair of hands just like the ones on the necromancer table, and on top of each of them are a pair of rats arms shaped to be more human for the purpose of manipulating small delicate things.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 16, 2015, 09:37:49 am »

And we have yet to use either... I think it's on the to-do list to make our circlet into bloodsteel, but we just haven't gotten around to it/forgot
Try scan alchemy magic. Or enchantments. Speaking of which how does enchantment usually work?
What? What would we be scanning? We don't have a book on enchantments or anything... Are you talking about the sigils we stick on things and then they do new stuff? Your use of the word "enchantment" is rather vague

It appears that we could use this gourd for carrying water or making our cart into a raft if we found reason to...
Just general magic items. Maybe that deathfire rod.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 16, 2015, 12:21:23 pm »

We should make spikes and/or armor made out of skeel at one point. We can have literal menacing spikes!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 16, 2015, 01:02:37 pm »

Just general magic items. Maybe that deathfire rod.
But general doesn't work, we need to be specific to find anything

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 16, 2015, 01:52:57 pm »

Yes but we don't know how specific.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 16, 2015, 10:07:51 pm »

You attempt to to scan alchemy magic and enchantments. The first turns up nothing nearby, other than your crackpots, Which are labeled with holographic markers, and the second one tells you nothing you do not already know. Only the magic infused symbols themselves radiate any signal. You imagine a proper enchantment would encompass the entire object.

The gourd is "giant" in the sense that it is about your size. Not quite large enough for Floating carts, But if you grew them, then maybe.

You have it scan for metals, It flashes red, You have it scan for pure copper and Iron, and some of the surfaces Glow faintly, likely due to trace amounts of one or the other. It appears to not penetrate very deep with it's searching, But if there WERE a surface vein, you would know it.

You add your new awesome table to the list of things you want to build.

You Begin to rest, Your sleep feels purposeful rather than fanciful, Your dreams are mundane, relating to your incarceration in this pit. +27 Health, +19 Mana, +10 Elbow grease, +1 Pontification Point +3 Flame charges.

Your bone plant has begun to bud, but a lack of care has caused it's growth to slow down.

You feel a ping, Shovel blight has finished his job. (yes, this is a reference to shovel knight, ding.)

You reverse engineer a shaping sigil from what you know. If placed on a container, and wired up to a device to control it, Be it magical, mechanical, or necromantic, It may be able to manipulate liquids placed inside it. It will not however, be able to turn things into liquids on it's own, or turn them into solids, and the container must be very large with a small mouth. you will still need to perfect it with some pontification however.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:11:13 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 16, 2015, 11:06:26 pm »

Ok, with further detail known on the sigil, change the table blueprint to require a golem core for controlling the shaping sigil that wasn't merged with a skull and thus having necromantic control, and also the "cage" design to fit the "with a small mouth" part of requirement. (what does that mean exactly anyway? is it like a faraday cage that *each* mouth must be small enough, but you can have as many as you want? Or more like a fluid container that sealing it entirely would be best and we should make some kind of moving design that spits apart to be able to add and remov stuff?)

> Seems the eating worked for more mana! Try to figure out how much it helped, and how much was luck?

> Send another minion through the newly dug hole to explore

> Improve the Shovel Blight by
 * Adding another pair of arms with shovels
 * coating the edges of the shovels with Iron (assuming it's corect we  have most of the alredy molten bar left. If we need to melt a new bar, might as well make it steel, or even skeel), like we iron-coated an entire skeleton earlier
 * Engrave Runes of Changing Sigil spread over all 4 shovel blades, specialized in making rock soft enough to be easily diggable

> Melt down 10 pounds of fat (normally, in a pot on a fire) rendering it into tallow, then use Fusion Sigil to merge with a berry (to improve taste and variety), finaly use Mutate to diferentiate and try to improve structure and also make practical size rations with an apetizing apperance, and grill gently with a flame charge. Also, grill some of the muscle and packet a pice with each of these.

> If it seems it might do any use, try filling a tallow ration with a point of mana and let it settle in.

> ask the pen what "Sustained Spell, Unknown" under items is

> Look around the area for things humans couldn't eat, but you as a lich might find appetizing.

> Find some sand, see what kind of glass you can make using Crackpot Sigil III

Edit:
> Consider the possibility of modifying our own digestive system to be able to proccess more food into mana and elbow grease every day
> Consider the possibility of a "flesh fed zombie" that's just a giant overactive stomach, and who's surplus mana colects in a bone contained/skull to be taped by us or by minions needing sustenance.
> Consider the possibility of mutated animals to be as near pure food -> mana generators as possible, for tapping.

> Would making ourselves blood-feed, or mana-feed from an external large mana source, give us more elbow grease?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:28:47 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 17, 2015, 09:33:04 am »

I bet we could have an animal around that we cause to develop tumors. We can then cut off the tumors and eat them, providing us with a source of meat.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 17, 2015, 09:54:09 am »

I bet we could have an animal around that we cause to develop tumors. We can then cut off the tumors and eat them, providing us with a source of meat.
Lets hold off on literally eating cancer until we start needing meat we don't have, right now we still have hundreds of pounds of food.

Now then, what spell should we get with our pontification point? Eye spy seems useful and has a decent chance of being learned (No need to send ourselves into danger when we've got minions that can be sent in our stead), but there's also those spells from the weird merchant's spellbook that are guaranteed (though those would be more for making future spells). There are definitely uses for "Raw life" and it's a guaranteed learn, could probably even use it to make infinite food if life magic causes creatures to regenerate. There's also the "craft x" abilities using the extruder, but given how we're trying to make our own extruder/appropriate it for our use, it would probably be a waste of time and PP compared to other possibilities. Or the separation sigil, which would probably have some uses in these machines we're trying to build. Or we could just save it in case we need to use "reinforce" later.

>Plant one of every seed we have in the dirt pile... except the Zigzerro seed, a giant tentacle plant would be less than ideal to have on top of our cart right now.
>Sustain the bone plant with a bit of mana

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 17, 2015, 10:09:09 am »

Let's learn eye spy
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 17, 2015, 11:32:04 am »

Let's learn eye spy
+1
+1 Also I really want to determine what spells we can get from The Offering of Balrog and Helios. So Self Proclaim it up! We should also learn the super duper spell. We can probably improve it to be less shit.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:35:48 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 17, 2015, 11:56:04 am »

Nooo! -1 on learning ANYTHING! I'm saving this point for maxing our chance to learn Shaping Sigil tomorow! We got a whole week to learn other spells, but the shaping one is needed for building stuff we'll be doing *during* that week!

Also, on planting that reminded me:
> Colect sewage from all these humans in a Crackpot. Add a drop of purifying water (mostly to get rid of the stench) and stir untill homogenus. We'll need fertelizer for later stuff.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:58:27 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 250