- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286734 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1530 on: April 11, 2015, 07:38:10 pm »

Hm... I think that the pen will get smarter as it identifies more stuff. It and/or scrolls of identify might also be communicating with a demonic creature to get their insight.
It could also be a hive mind. Does it really matter though? Anyway doesn't that mean if we want more information we should just identify repeatedly?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 11, 2015, 07:46:42 pm »

~something about dead magic~
Considering most things aren't mages, and all living things generate magic, I think that makes most magic dead magic, which drifts off and stabilizes the fabric of reality or something since it isn't used... Unless I'm wrong in my terminology here, but it's really not relevant to the current situation, that being us stuck in a cave, regardless (unless we're RPing going stir crazy from being in this cave too long).

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 11, 2015, 08:07:53 pm »

Hm... I think that the pen will get smarter as it identifies more stuff. It and/or scrolls of identify might also be communicating with a demonic creature to get their insight.
It could also be a hive mind. Does it really matter though? Anyway doesn't that mean if we want more information we should just identify repeatedly?
Nah, I think it needs to identify different things to get better. We can still re-identify things though after it improves.

Melt down another sustained identify (make one if we don't have any more) in the crackpot, then put some goggles inside as well (make or buy some goggles if we don't have any). Identify it with the pen, and if it isn't dangerous or impossible to do so, wear the result.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 11, 2015, 08:23:56 pm »

Nah, I think it needs to identify different things to get better. We can still re-identify things though after it improves.

Melt down another sustained identify (make one if we don't have any more) in the crackpot, then put some goggles inside as well (make or buy some goggles if we don't have any). Identify it with the pen, and if it isn't dangerous or impossible to do so, wear the result.
That would result in liquified glasses, what would be a better idea is using our tarp with the fusion sigil to mix the two... but where do we get goggles in a place like this?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 11, 2015, 09:38:59 pm »

we make them of course.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 12, 2015, 08:53:18 am »

It said that every scan they learn a bit more about the object.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 12, 2015, 09:20:44 am »

It said that every scan they learn a bit more about the object.
"Learn scroll spell only study object a tiny bit, and send that to big brain in other place, and big brain cross reference that with other smart and send that back to fill in scroll more, so more scroll used bigger big brain get, and more smart get to other who use Idantify scroll."

Sounds to me like using the scroll calls big brain to get information about the object, which big brain looks up and sends back, which makes the big brain smarter about the world, which then enables them to give more information on future identifications (most likely about other things).

That's assuming it's not meant to justify some minor retcons adding detail to earlier stuff that Shade came up with since making the scrolltext. I don't think we're expected to scan everything six times to learn every detail about the object, just the stuff that has too many abilities or details about it to fit on one scroll.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 12, 2015, 11:05:01 am »

I think it's like the scrolls learn small nuggets of information which they send back to big brain which uses information it already has to determine the info we need but small amounts of new info keep being added.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 12, 2015, 12:26:20 pm »

That would result in liquified glasses, what would be a better idea is using our tarp with the fusion sigil to mix the two... but where do we get goggles in a place like this?
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 12, 2015, 12:54:21 pm »

Something tells you that putting liquified goggles on your head is a terrible idea. But then the melted object seems to retain some of it's identity, so maybe.

It would likely be better to Simply fuse them, so you Cast sustained Identification scroll, and Craft some "goggles" Using 2 Purple gems and 1 bar of silver. And fuse the two together. -2 Elbow grease, -1 mana

You decide to eat a meal of Fat, muscle and berries. It isn't four star dining, but you suppose it is better than an empty stomach.

You only manage to choke down 1 pound of raw fat and raw meat before needing to wash them down with some berries. Bleh.

The fruity staff is a plank that you infused with fruity mana and then ignited at the tip, It seems to be drawing in minute amounts of mana to infuse the area with a fresh scented smoke.

Dead magic is highly artificial, it simply does not exist in nature, since even ambient magic retains a sort of will from the collective beings that produced it. Which is why beings that live in complete isolation usually become either Prosperous from the positive will of it's people, or A smoldering hole of monsters and fiends as the ambient mana undergoes a sort of reverse entropy.

Wizard butler comes up to you, Restored from his brief respite.

"Master, I believe that I may have discovered the solution to the strength enhancing potion, but I will need a powerful wizarding tool to confirm my theories, a Variascope. once your business in this accursed place is complete, I believe we should make out way to the wizarding capital of the world, Aul Ber Bay. Alternately, We could wander around until i get the materials to make one. Which would inevitably require a trip to some very harsh places."

"I'll consider it, Wizard Butler."

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 12, 2015, 01:58:52 pm »

Have the little dude identify the goggles.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 12, 2015, 03:14:16 pm »

Have the little dude identify the goggles.
+1
>Look at pen bug through goggles

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 13, 2015, 01:00:47 am »

> Ask the pen about dwarven language and/or the extruder!

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 13, 2015, 07:40:38 am »

+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 13, 2015, 09:32:12 am »

+1
Technically not "identifying", but may as well try
+1
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 250