- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286028 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #660 on: November 13, 2014, 11:04:19 pm »

"In terms you will understand, In my house, I can switch around the furniture, Give it a nice coat of paint, and even scent the place with some incense, but that doesn't give me the ability to do that in my neighbors house.  The deeper the room, the less connection it has to our reality, around room 100, I can no longer completely control how everything works, no matter how much I affect the process of opening the pocket dimension. Rooms will start to take on characteristics of the closest Alternate reality."

"If you could clear out rooms up until 100, I could make it so they could be skipped entirely, and possibly make a skipping portal every 100 rooms past that. But then, you have to save the princess I heard. Come back when you have some free time, and I am sure to have worked out enough of the kinks for a proper dungeon run. If you are willing to help a 'madman' of course."
He smirks.

You hold the Flower up to the D-POD, The two are locked in a one sided staring contest, before the Red flower suddenly shudders, sending a swath of Perfectly pink pollen all over your sinister sprout.

A small amount of the stuff lands on your robe, and it catches fire, you scream, patting it out immediately, and getting ready to do the same to your staff, but other then being covered in the pollen, it seems completely unharmed.

The D-POD twitches with a bit of bold brashness, shaking off the Hot pink coating. Catrat Roserod has leveled up.

"Neat. Anyway, Thanks for opening the shop, by the way but how much as a rule of thumb would the wood be?
Also, do you sell glass?

"100 gold for a rick, 200 gold for a rick of Weird wood. Like ironbranch wood, or Black pudding wood. Very fine, Black pudding wood, like mahogany for sleazy criminals, But I personally like it. As for the mundane woods, you probably can't name a normal one I don't have. A rick is 4X4X8, but i can get it any length/width. so long as the total mass don't exceed a rick."

"As for glass, that's the shop next to mine, General wares and the like, paper, quills, ink."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:06:13 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 13, 2014, 11:33:41 pm »

"Ink? I could use that.
Anyway, final question:

Do you have any kind if wood that can resist great temperatures? I'm thinking of growing this little flower guy.

No matter the answer, say farewell and perhaps look around for a tailor.
((Also, ShadeStyle, you don't have to agree here, but I was thinking maybe we could put the skeleton into the puzzle box and have him in an separate adventure! Like, only text based.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 13, 2014, 11:34:55 pm »

"Ink? I could use that.
Anyway, final question:

Do you have any kind if wood that can resist great temperatures? I'm thinking of growing this little flower guy.

No matter the answer, say farewell and perhaps look around for a tailor.
((Also, ShadeStyle, you don't have to agree here, but I was thinking maybe we could put the skeleton into the puzzle box and have him in an separate adventure! Like, only text based.))

((I like it!))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 14, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »

> Inquire about what getting a less... improvised wagon would be. Hell, maybe even one bigger on the inside with some abstraction for storing large amounts of undead! And/or being resilient to attacks!

> Speaking of storing, we're doing a lot of storing of... meat. Isn't there a dwarven wood that always really cold and stores stuff well? maybe a cabinet of that or something?

> Also lets look into getting a better staff. one based of a human skull, masterfully carved from some rare and conductive wood. Maybe even fold-out to greater length for even more power. Not to mention what impregnating wood with liquid bone might do. 
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 14, 2014, 12:59:34 pm »

"Ink? I could use that.
Anyway, final questions:

Do you have any kind if wood that can resist great temperatures? I'm thinking of growing this little flower guy. also, is there any wood that could help in preserving food? Lastly, My wagon is a piece of crap, do you have any ideas on how to remedy that?"

Obsidian tree wood grows in Volcanic craters, Perfect for high temperature work. There is a type of wood that creates sharp ice crystals when fed magic, and as for the wagon,I would have to see it myself, before I give you any quotes.

You consider getting a new staff, but dual wielding staves is almost unheard of, then again...

The idea has some appeal...

You leave the wood tinkerer's shop, Time to get serious about getting materials for the quest.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:01:05 pm by Shadestyle »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 14, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »

How dark is that magic now? Also would putting it in a better staff help the fermentation process?
Try that staff skill in the graveyard.
Skullduggery: Attempt to break the skin of the big guy and get some poinson in his system.
Skeleton Duo: Attack the smaller ones.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:09:16 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 14, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »

"Progressing about as expected, It has gotten to the point where I can't SEE the power get darker, but it still is.  The flower is still an enigma though. Exposing the magic to open air prevents it for aging any further. as it begins to be polluted by the life force in the air quickly."

You Channel magic into the staff's hidden power, and a bulbous fruit rapidly grows out of the flower, weighing it down with the grapefruit sized bulb. -1 Mana

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 14, 2014, 01:39:05 pm »

You said it was an apprentice level staff earlier. did you mean level one or is it something else?
Rest.
All skeletons: Gang up on the big guy!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 14, 2014, 01:42:39 pm »

Big guy is poisoned.

Swarm the small ones first.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 14, 2014, 01:45:05 pm »

Big guy is poisoned.

Swarm the small ones first.

Let the poison flow within him. Maybe after this fight we can come up with some kind of paralyzing poison.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 14, 2014, 02:33:28 pm »

"Well, It is a two way scale, A staff can become more powerful as it is used, both linearly and exponentially, that is why the greatest wizards have Something really stupid and simple, like a 1000 year old plank of wood, here, let me throw a hypothetical your way."

Staff A is a Rotting plank taken from a completely ordinary house.

Staff B is a simple journeyman staff.

Staff C is a staff made of fine gold and magical wood.

Staff A at level 1 is a piece of crap, almost every bit of magic casting falls to the Wizard. but by the time it has reached level 10 it has a power level of 100, Due to it gaining 1 power per level, and then a X10 bonus every 10 levels (this is just an example, no staff could have THAT level of exponential growth.), but it would take 100 days of solid use to reach that level. and made even more difficult by it's inherent uselessness.

Staff B At level 1 is ok, But most of the spell casting falls to the wizard using it in the end. By level 10 it will have a power level of around 160, (2 points per level, and then X8 bonus every 10.)

Staff C Is easy mode, Almost no focus is required on the "wizards" part (Even a simpleton with the most mundane magical power ever could use this kind of staff), Due to the fine materials used. By level 10 it will have a power level of 100, (10 points per level, with no bonuses.) And this would take about 10 days.

Following this chain of thought, Staff A would have unimaginable power by level 100, taking several thousand years of work, and generations of skilled wizards using it. The gandalf of your fiction would be a match for a level 100 journeyman staff. and the gold staff would have a power of 1000, flat, boring, and simple, An evil King who gets too big for his britches would likely have such a staff, for quick development in the magical arts.

Magic potential cannot be numerically measured in case you were wondering, these are just some placeholder numbers so you get a sense of scale.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 14, 2014, 03:36:35 pm »

Attack the other small one and let the first small one bleed out~

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 14, 2014, 03:38:25 pm »

So we have something a bit below the 'Plank of wood' kind of growth scale?
Nice, lucky we didn't throw it away huh.
Okay, so pick up the fruit then shuck it at one of the tombstones.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 14, 2014, 04:24:04 pm »

> I meant keep this staff in reserve, and *replace* it with something more like the B or even C staff.

> bring wagon back to wood place for looking at. Maybe mention how you saved him earlier...

> we *really* need more mana.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 14, 2014, 05:10:56 pm »

Why wield one when we can wield TWO