- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286694 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #2895 on: July 25, 2015, 02:12:32 am »

You store your staff and wield the Spear.

You construct a pile of the coins you enchanted, and toss them into the lava.

A step to the left, in a world an infinity away, and mere moments ago, at the beginning of it all, the Volcano rose and washed over the land, quelled only by it's own sated belly, it fell into slumber once more, and the land rejoiced and regrew.

But with our hero, his call awoke the volcano, and did not summon it, in a true sense, but rather, he merely screamed down an empty hallway, knowing what sleeps at the other end, he screamed out a desperate howl born of the madness within his own self, to things of which he should not know.

-30 Flame Charges.

You point your spear at Johnny.

"What? you think you can get me with my own pike? it would be dramatic if it weren't so desperate." He says, failing to notice the ash cresting the tip of the magma behind you.

"You're right as always. You told me hunger is what matters right? It bubbles and froths as you speak.

"Absolutely. It is all that matters." Johnny responds, nodding to himself.

"Well, I think I have had a change of heart, So tell me, since you know a little bit more about it..." You flip Etja-zemra over your back, pointing behind you.

The magma rises up, Large bubbles of it popping, a hissing noice overtakes the cavern, Noxious fumes spilling out, a beak of purest obsidian Stabs through the thick membrane of liquid stone,

Your heart races in your chest, the scent of sulfur and hellfire behind you, wafting over you, and to your front, a certain death without this powerful thing. It's heat feels like the very eyes of Armageddon at your back, and an Armageddon it is.

Sheets of stone slide down the primordial beast's sides as it ruffles it's wings in a simulacrum of a bird's wings puffing to the cold, or the frill of a Cobra as it grants it's prey a final look at it's terrible beauty. The movement reveals red hot stone beneath it, the entirety of the magma lake taking on the crimson color as the room itself seems dim in comparison to the very color of boiling flesh below.

Silence persists for what seems like an eternity, glancing back, another beat of sweat slips past you, down your brow, you worry for a moment that it will all come crashing down.

Seconds more pass, until with a jolt of force, of raw primal force, It's eyes open, a dreadful piercing Sun in each socket, bearing down on all that lies before it, It's crest blazes to life. Promising only that it will fulfill itself.

You compose yourself quickly.

"How hungry is this?"

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc
((Always welcoming new contribution!))

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: July 25, 2015, 04:29:06 am »

Wow, nice, and here I was expecting an epic troll in the form of text-only updates for the duration of its stay...
So, is this the sort of thing where we get out of the way and let it do what it was summoned to do, or is this the sort of situation where if we don't take control now then it will eat everything in sight?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: July 25, 2015, 06:40:41 am »

Yy-eah, the extent of our 'control' of this baby is pretty much going to be 'keep the hell away from it and let it take care of Johnny'.  Let's not bother trying to do anything except not get eaten or killed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: July 25, 2015, 12:23:12 pm »

that thing looks awesome  :o

and deadly.........

just.....stay out of its way
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: July 25, 2015, 08:24:24 pm »

This thing's not gonna destroy the town, is it?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: July 25, 2015, 08:29:47 pm »

destroy the town
kill everything in it
let us raise burning dead as cheap work force
rebuild the town with charred stone as our personal necropolis ...
one can only hope~

... sadly it is deep underground if i understand the situation right.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 25, 2015, 09:01:34 pm »

destroy the town
kill everything in it
let us raise burning dead as cheap work force
rebuild the town with charred stone as our personal necropolis ...
one can only hope~

... sadly it is deep underground if i understand the situation right.
You haven't read this thread all the way through, have you?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 25, 2015, 09:10:37 pm »

I hate to break this to you, but plan "stay out of its way" seems sort of doomed, as we are probably the nearest edible entity to it and we are about as far away from the only known exit as anyone. The old "you don't need to outrun the tiger, you just need to outrun your companion" line is not going to work out for the people whose companion is a known abuser of absurd speed...

So my vote is interaction with the fearsome flaming form of fowlness. Maybe an effort at forming an alliance or making a formal request of service?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 25, 2015, 11:46:48 pm »

Hrm.  Changed vote.  Make a formal offer of exchange of service.  Humble it up, too.  Rather be indebted to a phoenix than eaten by one.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 26, 2015, 01:41:42 am »

"Pretty damn hungry I would say."

"FA REPTH"
He yells, as something crashes in, His boomerang.

The Firebird slogs forward, Consuming the edge of the Stone slab making up this tomb, coins Slip down into the Rising magma.

It's wings shuffle again, Spreading out to widen the area of it's effect as it glides forth.

You wisely decide to move forward.

With a sudden start, the Firebird stops, it's top half a wide circle of nothing and air.

Johnny is on the far wall, clutching the Boomerang, and Tosses it again, speeding ahead to catch it.

"Fun little floof, how's it going to hurt me?"

The Firebird reforms, opening it's molten beak wide and blasting a beam of high pressure lava at him, catching him with the back splash for A great deal of damage. He cries out in a manner reminiscent of old cartoons as he flies above the magma blast, Temporarily leaving his boomerang to the side of him as he clutches his behind.

It turns it's gaze down to you, Thrumming with flame charges and powerful magic.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc
((Always welcoming new contribution!))

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 26, 2015, 02:01:40 am »

Can we sense if we have any magical control over this, or did we just summon an unbound magma phoenix?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: July 26, 2015, 02:37:26 am »

Can we sense if we have any magical control over this, or did we just summon an unbound magma phoenix?

"Absence of evidence... t-to be certain."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: July 26, 2015, 02:45:27 am »

R-right.  Offer her our service in a task of her choice if she will but destroy this enemy.  Make the offer while breathing out fire charges, just in case that makes it more understandable.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: July 26, 2015, 04:46:05 am »

"im sorry if I disturbed your rest, but I was in need of assistance. if you could help me out of this tight spot im sure I can return the favor somehow"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: July 26, 2015, 04:55:52 am »

Forgive me, noble one, but I must humble beg your aid in dispatching this foe.  I shall return the favour in kind if you consent.

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 250