- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286819 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #2745 on: July 03, 2015, 10:50:40 am »

This reminds me of a boss from the first Kirby game I played (Super Star Ultra, I believe) called Wham Bam Rock. You didn't get inspiration from that, did you?

well if he did that means...

wait until he drops his fingers then strike.

if not. just zerg rush. SOMEONE will get past the hands
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: July 03, 2015, 10:57:40 am »

This is my first tiem posting in this thread, but I guess that what we ned to do is not to defeat the hands, but to nullify them.

How about this:
When a hand drops towards the ground, we make the ground fragile so that it breaks through. Immediately after that, we seal it and reanforce it, so that it doens't get back.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: July 03, 2015, 11:15:43 am »

We know it's weaknesses. And we have the exact two things we need to exploit them. It's clockwork and needs leverage. My plan exploits both those things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: July 03, 2015, 11:40:33 am »

I assumed "need leverage that's hard to quantify" means we would need to examine it further to find out how to exploit it... Hopefully the bone dust should work though (despite being very hardy clockwork), we could use animate dead to make it stop up the gears more effectively if we need to...

In the meantime, we should try to find how he's controlling the hands, maybe there's a way to make him hit himself :P

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: July 03, 2015, 11:50:36 am »

Well I figure if we coat the entire thing in bacon that'll work. And I think the bone dust is already animated.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: July 03, 2015, 03:44:38 pm »

You crack open your Hourglass full of bone dust, and command it through the air, the little flecks working their way into the Clockwork hand, and locking up one of the more important seeming pieces.

"Ahh, this one was pretty mundane, I just Ground up a bone and reanimated it, great for locking up my foes and other creative stuff."

You slather the floor in Baconite Mana, causing the hand to drop to the floor, squirming like a fish in it's open palm position -5 Mana

The left fist seems to not be affected, and rises up higher.

"I like the hourglass container, Very classy, and the grease wasn't a bad touch, but what about everything that isn't the floor?"

Suddenly the palm shoots forward, sliding along the floor and damaging everyone at the front of the line for 50 damage!

Kaid jumps over the hand, running forward.

*Cough* Honestly that one is just something I whipped up on the way, Couple of zombies fused with one of those mechs."

Johnny pulls off his right glove and tosses it away, shaking his hand as if to rid it from some stiffness, before revealing a stilleto from some unknown place.

Kaid and The Stalking skin rush him, and with a careful step back stabs Kaid in the chest, but rather than dealing damage, it teleports him behind Kaid!

He delivers a powerful kick to Kaid, using it to launch himself forward while also using his boomerang to latch on to the left hand and swing up onto the left Balcony, Dealing 6 Damage in the process.

"Teleporting Dagger, this one is just stupidly overpowered once I got the 'Living things only' lock off of it."

He Slams his fist down, the mechanical one following, Crunching the stalking skin by mistake, as Kaid manages to void it.

It leaves a significant crater from you weakening the floor as it fell, but there was nothing below for it to fall into.

It is however, stuck momentarily, and Johnny along with it.

After a moment he manages to get free, and with a laugh positions the hand again.

"Ok, your turn, also what the hell was that thing I crushed? some kind of Sneak-man?"

Jeanne runs over and begins to tie down the right hand, to prevent it moving any more, before welding the chains in place.

Galarn't and the two Bigbots pick themselves up of the ground after the Heavy blow, the bigbots being forced to restart their charge, leaving two turns after this one.

Dublin begins chanting, likely to cast a spell.

The AA Spider has finished gnawing the Right Chandelier, and moves on to the middle one

Johnny Stows the knife with a flick of his wrist and pulls out a sword of some kind, It looks old and small, with half of it being made of Glass, due to a massive chunk of it's blade missing, it's handle is gold colored, and a green gem lies in it's coin shapes pommel, the handle is covered in char marks.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc
((Always welcoming new contribution!))

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: July 03, 2015, 03:55:10 pm »

> Valeric + 1 Bigbot: move to almost the end of the room, on top of the stair things
> Scorp turrets: Start blinking around randomly. If ever ending up behind Johnny, inject ALL the venom.
> Galar'nt: Hit Jhonny with sword realy hard
> Bigbots: while charging, open fire with machineguns
> Other turrets: open fire
> Kaid: use ranged attack
> Jeanne: Set of the charges in the platform he's stuck to.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: July 03, 2015, 11:33:51 pm »

> Valeric + 1 Bigbot: move to almost the end of the room, on top of the stair things
> Scorp turrets: Start blinking around randomly. If ever ending up behind Johnny, inject ALL the venom.
> Galar'nt: Hit Jhonny with sword realy hard
> Bigbots: while charging, open fire with machineguns
> Other turrets: open fire
> Kaid: use ranged attack
> Jeanne: Set of the charges in the platform he's stuck to.
+1

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: July 04, 2015, 12:53:46 am »

+1 to the above, but also channel one mana into the gem on his sword (don't do this unless someone upvotes it).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: July 04, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »

+1 to the above, but also channel one mana into the gem on his sword (don't do this unless someone upvotes it).

+1
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: July 04, 2015, 12:08:33 pm »

In most cases we've found that channelling just makes it more dangerous.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: July 04, 2015, 12:35:54 pm »

hurl some demonite mana at the sword scratch that. we want to have some good loot.

-1, not before we figure out what it would do.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: July 04, 2015, 01:17:51 pm »

Would someone mind pointing out where Shadestyle keeps track of the spells we know or can learn? I've searched the doc, but haven't had much luck so far.

Not knowing exactly what we can and can't do is throwing a monkey wrench into my insane plans.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: July 04, 2015, 02:19:45 pm »

It's literally the first page on the records. We also have more spells we can learn in the Spells/Skills/Strategy section of the Pub Docs.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: July 04, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »

Valerik and Bigbot 1 Move to the end of the room, over to the Stairway, it seems this leads to the escape tunnel, if the Multiple chains leading down are any indicator, It would be unsafe for anything heavy to ride these though, considering their size.

Each scorpion turret Blinks three times, but none of them come anywhere close to him.

Galrn't flies up, and before Johnny can react, slashes at him hard, Knocking him back, and causing him to drop the restored sword.

A gash in his armor reveals a silvery fabric that absorbed a good portion of the damage, he clutches his chest.

"Whew, almost met up with the big boss, And the gang said multilayered armor was stupid."

He pulls out a pale bottle filled with purple liquid, applying it to his armor.

It quickly becomes overgrown with grey vines that eventually merge into the armor's original material

"Sap from the Eat Yeet, I got extra seeds for it in the basement if you like, well I mean if you were going to live anyway.

Both Bigbots begin to fire upon the platform, their shots bouncing off it's metallic armor

The turrets receive a similar result.

Kaid's small self splashes acid up, trying to reach johnny, but only succeeds in melting the throne.

Johnny pulls out a Grenade, dumping it in Kaid's Acid

Jeanne Pulls out her RPA Blaster, and fires upon the dynamite she had stuffed into the platform, The armor plating detonates, revealing the stone and wood interior, Galarn't and Johnny Stumble!

The Armored Acrobatic spider finishes preparing the middle chandelier and moves on to the final one, Gnawing it away bit by bit.

Dublin finishes his spell, summoning a massive syringe made of fire.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc
((Always welcoming new contribution!))

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 250