- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286982 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Partialy-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #1890 on: May 07, 2015, 05:44:03 pm »

Can we make a soul eligible for mummyship if we expose it to earth mana?

I wonder if the dust that we put in a vampire determines its weaknesses. For example, copper dust would make it weak to old things, and iron dust would make it weak to force. We should test this with a bandit (use some pure platinum dust to give it a weakness to electricity) once we have proper equipment.

Can we make blood with Craft Cells?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:32:16 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 07, 2015, 06:15:53 pm »

"Maybe if it were exposed to a strong enough source of Earth mana, Like a copper tomb. Alternate Vampires could work, but it coudld also have a lot to do with How precious metals work, Limiting Vampires to Gold, Platinum, Aluminum, Copper, Silver, Mythic metals, and other such things. I can make False blood with Craft Cells. Stuff made with it isn't "quite right" so to speak."

You mechanically cut one of the geodes into gems, Receiving 10 Large topaz gems.

"HA I knew you would say that, So I already filled the Mana engines!

You fill any minions who need it. -3 mana

You also Feed and water the plants and provide Green life energy to all of them. -9 Mana

The skin in the vat is about 20x20x2 Inches now.

You separate the Ores, Receiving Platinum, Iron and Silicon Dust. -3 Mana

You finish the Organ Chest, and add Sustain Living runes to Necromechanics Workbench -4 mana

You craft a large amount of Clear Steel and Cryskeel -3 Mana

You fuse 1 foot of the Clear Cable with 1 foot of the Reflecting Silver Pipe, reciving a Clear hollow tube, It seems to tranfer mana without tainting it, but the issue wiht this one is that it stranfers it in large blobs, which while amusing to see, could once again cause structural instability if too much mana goes through at a time. -1 mana

It is exceedingly durable, and sharp. but You feel there may be a specific method for Increasing it's durability. Pen bug informs you that Electricity will Increase it's durability and sharpness with a constant source of it.

You tell wizard butler to continue by making Branching tunnels for now.

You learn to Engrave Infusion sigils, Which infuse the essence and concept of one object into another object. -2 Pontification Points

The marble isn't Dead enough to be worth bothering right now. It is in operations

"Ahh, Spells yes. I offer boy some, and I offer you one for one. You wish to learn to summon? I wish to learn Heal fire you use to Help me. As for Boy, I teach him to Draw water. Water serves many purposes, and it only takes time to get." Dublin says.

"You mean my Flame inhale? It wasn't too difficult of a spell to learn, but it is certainly a difficult one to master."

"All spells are so."

"True, Now, Harkin, What do you wish to learn?"

"Something strong, Something that can help me protect whatever I please."

Gallarn't Interjects, My spells are difficult to learn, because they rely on a lot of Different Dialects for the incantations, But I might be able To share a few of the curses I told you about.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:53:03 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 07, 2015, 06:46:32 pm »

How big would the copper tomb need to be? Can we make "proper" blood by infusing artificial blood with mana?

I think all of the people who wanted to exchange spells would be satisfied with Flame Inhale, although Harkin might want that metamagic feat that lets you exclude targets from the effect of the spell, and the guy who speaks in pink might want the metamagic feat that lets you attach spells to the flame (mass-cursing, ahoy!).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: May 07, 2015, 06:52:10 pm »

> Make a paintbrush (Silver and human hair) with Infusion Sigil runes that can be dipped in a crackpot and then used to *paint* it's properties onto things!
> Use it to paint 1 of the criminal skeletons with Cryskeel as a test.
> Paint Steel onto the non-cutting-edge parts of the katana

> Crackpot I the skin and cast it into a homogeneous material Leather Bar

> Put one of the bandits on the Necromechanics Workbench and (by mutation leaving smooth skin, not cutting) remove their arms and legs (putting them in the chest) and fuse their spin rigid as well as their jaw in an open position. Feed them some peppers laced with 1/5 dose of Miracle Serum. ((if this goes well it's going to be the base of a kind of blood engine soon))

> Try making the 2 Stalking Skins again, this time using infusion rather than fusion sigil.

> Maybe we should be efficent and teach Flame Inhale to both to them at once, reducing the redundancy of explanations? Otherwise teach him Mutate.

> Put more sand in the crackpot

> Make the Gas Capture Crackpot and 6 Clear Steel gas storage canisters for it.

> Learn Warp Space (2 pp),  Enchant Object (3 pp)

> ABT?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 07, 2015, 08:23:31 pm »

Would there be a spell that basically stabilizes mana movement, Nullifying the dangers of the silver pipe?

Also, How difficult is it to learn a completely new spell by ourselves, Like inventing a stabilize/harmonize mana spell.
Or could it be done by modifying the shield spell such that it calms the mana traveling?
Maybe have it such that it stabilizes along the path the pipe allows or a way to force the mana to travel along the pipe without stabilizing it, Like an electromagnet contains plasma, An outside force pushing it into being orderly sufficiently that it cant go out of control. Perhaps powered by using a form of mana that is attuned.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 07, 2015, 09:39:34 pm »

Or we can just pot in the kind of geometric slowdowns you'd usually use without needing to spend pp, like the occasional S curve. Or reinforce the pipe with an external layer of Clear Steel. Really, it's not a very big issue. More interesting are the applications of *deliberately* getting mana to move at ludicrous speeds, in circles or spirals.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:24 pm »

"By tomb I mean anything That I can fit a soul into, So about the size of a basketball. It would be blood in all but spirit, by which I mean it would basically work for everything Undead related."

When I say it reflects mana inside it, I mean the Silver pipe plays Energy Volleyball with whatever it touches Armok. Very violent, even if it dos not rupture. there is already a way to fix it, but it involves it's own assortment of problems, The Spell for Reflecting the mana is powered by the ambiance, so if I can force the ambiance in an area to be low enough, the Pipe will stay nice and smooth."

"In your world's science terms, The Volatile effect is due to a Reaction with the mana in the pipe, the pipe itself, and the Ambient mana outside it, so if i can lower one of those, Problem solved."

You decide to learn Warp space, Immunity flame and Enchant object, Spending the last of your Pontification Points.

You teach them all how to perform Flame inhale, and decide to work with Harkim to show him control over the flames over the next 4 days. Flame inhale can naturally be infused with spells.

Now for the tough part. Learning the summoning spell from Dublin, and any curses from Gallar'nt.

With a bit of explaining and Demonstration, using different reagents, you learn how to bring a will from anouther place, creating an avatar for it using your Mana. It is a dangerous trump card, as each kind of being that could be summoned is serving of it's own free will, if it chooses to. and could simply dissipate itself, or worse, work against you until you yourself dissipate it.

If you want a curse from Gallar'nt, you will need to choose which one.

"What kind of curses do you have again?"

"Curse of Painful fire, Curse of Bottomless stomach, Curse of Wizard eyes, Curse of Postcognition, Curse of Bats, Curse of Random polymorph, Curse of Overwhelming bleeding, Curse of Igniting touch, Curse of Necrosis, Curse of Pain, Curse of Spoken truth, Curse of Polymorph, Curse of the vampire, Curse of the Werecreature, Curse of the Mummy, Curse of Flies, Issac's Curse, Curse of Vines, Curse of Frost, Medusa's curse, Curse of Sinspawn, Curse of Foxfire, Basic Demon elementary stuff. Able to be cast on yourself, or an object or person of your choosing."
He says as though he has said it a hundred times before.

You make a paintbrush out of silver and human hair, engraving it with Infusion Sigil runes so that it can be dipped in a crackpot and then used to paint it's properties onto things. -3 Mana

You absorb a charge from the Mana engine, +7 Mana.

You paint a Criminal Skeleton with Crysteel, And sure enough, 10 Pounds later you have a Pale Opaque Cryskeel Skeleton. It isn't Pure cryskeel, but it is definitely infused with it. -3 Mana

You then paint steel onto the Katana, It becomes more and more ductile and reflective. Now you only have to worry about the edge breaking, which is much simpler to fix. -1 Mana

You Crackpot the skin from the Tissue vat, and turn it into a Uniform Bar of material. It is pink and squishy.

You absorb 3 Charges from your Engine. +21 Mana.

You put a bandit on the Necromantic workbench, The skeletal arms hold him in place as you mutate his Arms and legs off, Fusing his spinal column together, and then removing his mask, and Forcing his mouth permanently open. The screams are horrible, But more from fear than pain. You then Force a Marrow pepper impregnated with Miracle serum into his mouth. You watch with a morbid interest as he swells to gargantuan proportions until he is as tall as you are without legs. These screams sound a lot more like pain. Eventually it stops, and the Bandit loses consciousness. Now this is some proper evil. -4 Mana

You try again, Stripping another Corpse, and This time Infusing it with Clear Steel, instead of fusing it.

After Some intense enchanting, You manage to make it work. A Minion who is functionally invisible. Problem is, aside from it's Sharp Claws, It is very fragile, and a strong enough blow of any kind will spiderweb it, Making it perfectly visible. you cannot get it to float however, Because of it's weight. -15 mana.

You put more Sand in the crackpot.

You also craft a Machined Gas Capture Device, and 6 Clear Steel Canisters. -2 Mana

You absorb one more charge, Gaining 7 More mana.

Spoiler: Armok Brand Testing™ (click to show/hide)
-7 Mana

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:07:09 pm by Shadestyle »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 07, 2015, 10:25:32 pm »

Curse of random polymorph and curse of flies sound hilarious, but curse of mummy or curse of vampire would probably be more useful to us...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: May 07, 2015, 10:32:06 pm »

"Curse of the Mummy is an oldie requisitioned by Some of the old Sand tribes, for protecting their Dead from would be graverobbers. It takes the common principle of Demonic debt, and applies it to non-demons forcibly. So when someone steals something from a particular area, it literally drains away their life force until they break the curse, or return the goods.

Curse of the Vampire is exactly what it sounds like, The person under the curse is Stolen away in the night and filled with demonic blood, tainted with the anger of the gods, and the hunger of the demons. They will fry under the sun's light, Move with incredible speed, and hunger for the blood of humans. This hellish existence is Reserved for a select few, partially due to the demonic order able to perform this charging a steep price for Transportation and services."

((Also, in case it wasn't explicit, there will be a lot of "Dupes" In this game, A lot of beings have come up with the same thing in slightly different ways. Werewolves can be made, cursed by gods, empowered by demons and spirits, or infected with some biological agent, All of them werewolves, each in different ways.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:34:12 pm by Shadestyle »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:49 pm »

> The Botomless Stomach, Polymorph, and Overwhelming Bleading sound intresting, what do those do?

> Paint thin lines from the Skin bar, dividing the Stalking Skins into sections the cracks won't spread beyond. If stelth is to compromised and needed they might even be able to poke it out, damaging themselves for restored invisibility.

> Divide half of the skin up in appropriate pieces to grow into pull bars by tomorrow. The other half, expose to 2 points of Copper mana while in a warm and dry place.

> Check how much their blood production has been helped by this, then install them in a silver capsule (Enchanted with minor Warp Space) with silver pipes in for food, air, and "materials" that goes directly into the tank itself, and out for waste and a tap for blood hooked to a major artery. Put in some gauges Enchanted with Identify to monitor their health and sustenance and total remaining blood and such. Fill the whole thing up with a water-bloodmana mix. Put on runes for the whole thing of Sustain Living, Raw Life, and Craft Cells (blood cells). Mutate away their skin to allow free exchange of fluids with the surrounding liquid mix and their bones so that their bone marrow has room to expand. Mutate their bone marrow increasingly larger to create more blood. Seal this tomb forever. Feed and dump some Cell Materials and a point of mana in to get the thing started. :)
> Did I mention to do the above in sight of the other bandit?

> Eye Spy send the Stalking Skin, Fly Zombie, and AA spider to scout around the big building.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: May 07, 2015, 11:11:40 pm »

Curse of the Mummy. You can never have enough boobie-traps.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: May 07, 2015, 11:43:19 pm »

Curse of igniting touch also sounds fun, turn anyone into fire-midas...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: May 08, 2015, 07:36:31 am »

"Bottomless Stomach curse makes it's victim eternally hungry, with no amount of food being able to do more than keep them alive a bit longer. This curse invariable ends in death, because of how it turns food into demonic energy for the Curse's payment, Polymorph allows you to Transform someone or something into a mundane mammalian animal., and Overwhelming Bleeding curse is a bit of a misnomer, Demonic companies will actually pay you in credit for their products to use this curse on someone, as a lot of our Soft-Drink companies create a Byproduct which is most easily disposed of by simply portalling it into a mortal's veins. it is homogenous enough that it does not kill them, but instead causes them to bleed profusely from any wound. I have been told that it also burns like fire, but then, all wounds do that.

Igniting touch does what it says on the tin, If the cursed one touches something flammable, it catches fire. Gloves, gauntlets and other hand protectors do not stop this effect."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:12:29 am by Shadestyle »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: May 08, 2015, 07:38:51 am »

"What is the 'curse of foxfire'?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 08, 2015, 08:04:29 am »

Edit: or not
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:17:30 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...