- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286935 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #1815 on: May 03, 2015, 07:35:29 pm »

We should probably start small. Lets use our changing sigil to build a proportional 16 foot man. How well can golems manipulate mana?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 03, 2015, 07:40:47 pm »

> Try adding Craft Golem. Hopefully this won't *just* make the table itself walk around after you. Add the queued up Adjectivities. Test it.

> Very Large is as large as can be made from a whole bar of silver in a cylindrical pot-like shape with thin walls

> Oh, the mana is liquid: in that case just use a thin silver pipe with a valve that can be opened vary partially or fully.

> Learn Great Shield

> Make the Alchemy Table, Glasses, and Growth Vat

-1 on making generic huge stone golems for now. And we alredy have high quality statues. if we try anything along that line it should be the Animation Necklace.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 03, 2015, 09:37:45 pm »

It's not for us. It's to defent the nomads and civilians.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 03, 2015, 10:14:40 pm »

We could probably shape some gems or metal bars into a core if we're dedicated to this giant golem, but maybe we should save resources for now... meh, probably better to use them, they're not doing much good sitting in our stockpile... If we need more big guys we could probably shove some of the corpses together to make huge zombies, or just mash together meat, fat, and bone and raise horrific abominations that will make the bandits vomit when they see them...

>Make a three or four more pairs of communication devices, so we can keep in touch with WB and some of our other pals.

>Make 1 sustained spell for near death and 1 for rejuvinate. We'll probably need it if we're going to be taking the town soon.

>Check who's here that could potentially help with our heist, taking back the town probably won't happen with just us...

>Mutate one of our wolf-centaur's arms into a mace, using a rock as the mace head.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 04, 2015, 06:47:33 am »

My issue with the golem is the mana. Sure we have a lot, but I also have a LOT of uses queued up in the doc already. Also, not specifying a shape and making it out of purely rocks  will make a realy inefficent one, when there's a bazilion easy things that'd muliply it's combat effectiveness. Same thing with the wold rock mace sugestion, rock is a realy poor material, it shatters to easily.

> Experiment with fusing 1 pound of Spiral Steel into a whole bolder.

Edit:
> Try all the same combinations as with the Materials Fusion Tests, but this time just melt them with Crackpot I and thoroughly mix then until homogeneous.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:20:08 pm by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 04, 2015, 06:07:41 pm »

The time space continuum warps, Turns now have a specific amount of time in them, About enough for 1 Big project, and an unlimited amount of smaller ones per turn.

You use Adjectivity to Equip your minion with an unmeltable Molten Gauntlet. This spell nearly shatters, but You manage to stabilize it in the nick of time. -4 Mana

You think seriously about making a Giant stone golem to protect the citizens. If you do, What will the core be made of? Any material will do, so long as it isn't the same one the golem's body is made of.

You Craft the table into a golem. The hinges work on their own now, and the table can walk around, but the golem STILL won't use the Sigils, Maybe it doesn't know how?

You have some skeletons make a Crackpot III from an entire Silver Bar. It is about up to your waist, and just as wide. -3 Mana.

You also install Silver Valves to the Chambers of your mana engine, allowing Specific amounts to be drained.

You create 3 more pairs of Wooden communication devices, Due to lack of variety, they are all on the same channel however. You give one to Wizard butler. -3 mana, -1 Elbow Grease

You make Two Sustained spells, Near death and rejuvinate, almost fusing them on instinct, You manage to restrain your strange habit. -2 Mana

Checking around, There are a few candidates for your Heist, A rotund and burly Nobleman and his wife, Gallarn't and his Crew, Harkim Is always willing to join you on an excursion, as his thirst for knowledge grows.

You Mutate your Centaur Wolf's arm, Turning it into a fleshy grabber for A large Destructive stone you had handy, Thinking more on it, you decide to fuse this with a piece of Spiral Steel, Obtaining a Spiked Boulder, Which you attach. -2 Mana, -2 Elbow Grease

Yes, Abominations are good for Raw muscle and easy to make. You can even make them with just Mutate and Raise dead, as is commonplace.

You are remembering something important, How to make three of the primary types of advanced undead.

"Mummies are Advanced Magical Undead, Their organs have been removed, and their bodies Preserved, allowing them to have the Strength of a normal zombie, the intelligence of a magical one, and the Longevity of a skeleton all in one. They require that a corpse have most everything removed, and then preserving them in medium of some sort. They are also Capable of performing a specific simple non-crafting spell, spending Sustenance in the process. If souls are bound to them, they grow in intelligence and strength, gaining an unlimited supply of sustinance, but if the souls are not Ancient, the binding will fail.

Vampires are advanced blood fed undead. Weaker than normal Blood fed Undead, but still stronger than they were in life, and certainly strongr than a flesh fed undead, they are Living things converted Directly into Minions, and as such retain their soul, with only trauma being able to separate it from them. They can survive without a constant supply of blood, but are sickly and weak without it. they can be made originally through replacing their Blood With pure Gold dust mixed with Death Mana, they can spread this curse themselves if given the means to do so, and often a necromancer will mutate his Vampire to have a means of injecting their own blood into a drained victim as they feed. this process Makes them catch fire in the sun, and turn to ash shortly afterward. They also retain their minds, making them Technically the most intelligent Undead type overall. Instead of Consuming Blood as fast as it is supplied and incresaing their strength as the amount is increased, Vampires have a specific amount they require per Hour, Which cannot be changed by any normal means. Additional blood is of course stored in their stomach.

Abominations are advanced flesh fed undead. you have already started on one of these with wolf centaur, they are Masses of several different undead, indistinguishable from one another almost. They are nearly immune to being rendered inert due to their absurdly long sustenance times and lack of critical areas. The only way to kill one is to destroy it completely. They also consume their kills, Gaining More biomass, but requiring more sustenance in the long run for it. Special types of Abomination are Purely liquid, and can shape themselves like putty, These are made originally with Several animated stomachs, which produce a deathly acid to consume more biomass."

Each of these undead are limited to their one type of feeding. So Sustain can only be used on mummies, and Abominations will actually ignore blood in a victim. They all require MUCH more mana to create as well.

You learn to cast Great Shield, Keeping in mind that the shield passes through solid objects if it does not have a magical anchor, and is affected by gravity.

You Craft a Spell alchemy Table, Capable of telling you a lot more about Mana types. and magic in general. you can now Simply ask questions about a mana type if you have the material it is used for in any form. This generally includes raw elements and Their Combinations. -20 Mana, -10 Elbow Grease.

Your skin itches and a bit of Dead skin begins to flake off, like some kind of sunburn. Good thing you used that mana up a bit, Might have left you with a rash otherwise. -1 Health.

(In reference to Pub Doc's Item wishlist.)

You consider hunting for Beasts, or materials to add to your material stockpile, this would only require that you go out there. You would surely find something out in the desert if you tried.

As soon as you Retake the City, You would probably be able to buy all manner of mundane sundries now that the rich part of town likes you.

Now that you have a better cart, and More muscle to move it. It would not take much time to visit the oasis that you found on the way here. though now that you know it belongs to a demon, your reasons for visiting may change.

Or you could more search for whatever wildlife is ripe for the taking in and around the city.

And of course you can do none of this, or do it at your leisure.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 04, 2015, 06:45:06 pm »

Soo, What would happen if instead of gold dust you used silver dust in the creation of a vampire?

Also, Try to make the golem in such a way that it "animates" nearby material for its body. (Example: A body composed entirely of smaller rocks, When injured it merely levitates materials into itself, Making it a part of its body.) Could most likely be made by making a core and giving it a mana reserve as well as allowing it to use magic. A simple levitation spell for independent core movement when without a body, A spell for detaching (if necessary) then dragging valid materials to the core to be used as a body, And lastly some way to allow the core to animate this independently composed body as a single "solid" form. Should also include a weak shield spell to the core so that it can take a few hits before being destroyed.
Imagine throwing a bunch of these into the midst of the enemy forces and watch as they use the enemies resources and surrounding nature to assemble themselves bodys.
Self assembling golems, GENIUS!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 04, 2015, 06:49:01 pm »

Soo, What would happen if instead of gold dust you used silver dust in the creation of a vampire?!

I was going to ask that....

anyways.......

test out the gantlet. have the sketon punch a rock while we give the metal a pulse of mana.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: May 04, 2015, 06:52:51 pm »

> Test the mana type of that flaked of skin and prety much everything in the Materials section

> Make What Am I looking At

> Use Identify to fry to get a hint to how to fix the Shaping Table

> Send Wizard Butler out to try to catch a bandit alone and kidnap them before running back with them alive

> Have minions put sand in that huge Crackpot III we made

> Improve our bed (project)

> Make a random Fat Vampire Fly

-1 on golem
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: May 04, 2015, 07:04:32 pm »

"Oh my god, I am so stupid, I completely forgot. Edit golem will be required to Make anything other than a generic golem, this includes magic use, and control of Sigils and stuff!"

"Should I send Wizard butler with anything in particular? Or just give him free reign over his preferred equipment?"

"You will need to describe the process used, Remember, the creature in question needs to be kept alive while their blood is replaced with Mana mixed with gold, and there are a number of ways to do each of those. How do you keep the fly alive, What type of liquid mana do I use, and how do you want me to mix it with gold? and what kind of gold? Flakes, Dust?"

"I haven't the foggiest what happens with silver, though assuming, it is probably not pretty, Or it is very pretty. The gold helps to bind their soul along with the liquid mana, it also makes them Weak to Gold and Sun attuned mana, and lastly, makes their skin pale and their eyes a scarlet red. So maybe Silver will do the same but with moonlight?"

"I do not have a levitation spell yet at any rate, seems like a fatal flaw to be honest, I could probably whip one up using some study of iron and a Pontification point."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: May 04, 2015, 07:17:19 pm »

> Fiddlesticks. just tear out the golem core and cram a skull in there and Advanced Animate Dead it all again.

> Just dust it and mix it with muscle-reflected mana. Just a standard small scale test. Use a silver syringe I guess?

> Havnt we alredy given the butler most of what he needs? Most he'll just need to be spotting the target for the Big Zombie and telling it were to run. maybe ride on it's sholders. But if he wants to bring stuff he can I guess.

> Test the mana type of that flaked of skin and prety much everything in the Materials section

> Have minions put sand in that huge Crackpot III we made

> Improve our bed (project)

> Make What Am I looking At
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 04, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »

Could we use Raw life to keep them alive? Also spend two points on Edit Core.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 04, 2015, 07:31:51 pm »

Also, Try to make the golem in such a way that it "animates" nearby material for its body. (Example: A body composed entirely of smaller rocks, When injured it merely levitates materials into itself, Making it a part of its body.) Could most likely be made by making a core and giving it a mana reserve as well as allowing it to use magic. A simple levitation spell for independent core movement when without a body, A spell for detaching (if necessary) then dragging valid materials to the core to be used as a body, And lastly some way to allow the core to animate this independently composed body as a single "solid" form. Should also include a weak shield spell to the core so that it can take a few hits before being destroyed.
Imagine throwing a bunch of these into the midst of the enemy forces and watch as they use the enemies resources and surrounding nature to assemble themselves bodys.
Self assembling golems, GENIUS!
This sounds like it would be possible, but absurdly expensive to make for only the marginal utility of not having to use a formed body (which we already have a few of, and several ways of making more)...

If we want a cheap golem to do some heavylifting or bodyguarding, we could just shove a core into a building, a tree, or one of the statues we already have, no reason to get super fancy about it...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 04, 2015, 07:34:29 pm »

How would an iron-core golem be different from a silver-core golem.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 04, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »

"A normal golem needs limbs, so buildings and trees might not always work, I mean the tree's probably will, but I digress."

"An iron core will be more durable, less prone to failure, but Weaker than a silver core, and be less affected in quality by the amount of mana used to make it."

"Raw life could keep them alive, but more than likely I would need to refine and learn Raw life so I can get more complex spells related to it that would fit the bill."

You Learn to Edit Golem cores, and instead of scrapping the core in your shaping table, you fix it... Success! Using a piece of steel, you change it into all manner of things, testing the natural edge, abilities, and such. This thing has functionally replaced your Dwarven Extruder. Would you like to Scrap the commands from your spell list since you don't need them? -2 Mana

Now you will need to specify if you want to use Mechanical, or Manual for physical creations. Mechanical will be adequate, but with enough practice, you will be able to outpace your machine in terms of quality.

With Edit core, there are a lot of things you can define a core to do. But right now you can only do one specification at a time.

You give Wizard butler Free reign and he begins picking out just what he feels he needs.

Dead skin, upon application of mana it burns with a bit of blue fire.

Your minions fill the giant Crackpot with Sand. the air feels a bit stale.

Plopping an eyeball, and some brain matter onto the Necrotable, you animate them both, and fuse the result with two wooden communication devices. which results in a pink earbud and a Wooden eyeball. which you combine with an identification scroll resulting in a Paper telescope, connected by a cable to a pink earbud.

Some testing reveals that, while it IS paper, it serves the purpose of Telling you verbally what it is that you are looking at. you put the WAILAscope away for further use. -3 Mana

You have a syringe handy, so you mix some gold dust with Muscle reflected mana, and inject it it into a fly you captured, This of course does not work, as the fly's blood needs to be removed while you are adding the replacement blood. After cleaning up the splattered mess, you try again, crafting a small silver syringe to go along with it... It isn't pretty, and will probably lose it's soul soon, rendering it a gold filled zombie, but it is progress, you manage to get the fly up and moving, and it obeys your commands before the hunger gets to be too much, and it;s soul is released. Something that small will need special treatment in order to create a stable vampire. -1 Mana.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 250