- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286900 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1740 on: April 30, 2015, 10:51:20 pm »

You take another Crack at learning the shaping sigil, and... A breakthrough! It you just alter the spacial perception... Complete! -4 Pontification Points.

You Feed and water all of your plants. -1 Mana, -1 Elbow Grease.

As a test, you decide to warp a criminal Skeleton on the Necromantic bench. giving it a more Catapult-y Shape.* -1 Elbow Grease.

You also take some of the Noblemen's tools, Warping them on the Tarp to be more fitting as digging instruments, Inscribing them with changing sigils themselves. They are ecstatic and get to work as fast as their sensitive noblemen hands allow. -1 Elbow Grease, -2 Mana.

Before you ask, The big zombie is more than adequate at throwing the boulders. They are only around 200 pounds each after all.

A charged up punch ability would be interesting, Maybe Galvanized Skeel springs?

You think about the Premise of having a giant necromantic Catapult attached to your Cart. It would be so easy, Just 400 Pounds of muscle, maybe a few hundred bones. It would be beautiful.

The dwarven mech is about 2.5 times taller than you. and 8 Times as wide.  Honestly, It is a smaller than that drill they were using, easy enough to transport manually.*

You are neither for or against the idea of leaving your cart behind to pursue other means of transportation, The pros are of course that you would have a more stable thing to work off of in using the Necromech, But on the other hand, it would be a whole batch of materials used to make it capable of carrying your traveling amenities. If you decide to bring any of them.

"A giant mantis blade for the Necromech would be rather epic, that thing was more than capable of cleaving through trees when the little reaping mantis had it, so even the small part of it you had should be usable for battle."

"Powering the mech with the core of Fenrir sounds like a Delightfully risky idea. But then I did rightfully defeat him. Maybe I can convince him that no scenario would prove otherwise."

"Outlets to provide ambient mana would be even riskier. as putting Fenrir's mana out into the air could cause problems. nothing fatal. but It would provide unnecessary temptation to my unwilling generator."

You add the Idea to Blueprints for further use.

You create the table that would replace your dwarven extruder.* -4 Elbow Grease, -5 Mana.

You gain Max Health by being healthy and well rounded. food, water, fresh air exercise, and ect. without getting anything in excess will improve your Health.

With some help from Pen buddy, you determine that the boulders are made from calcium, silicon, and trace amounts of sulfur, carbon, hydrogen and trace materials.

You send big zombie, the other shovel blight, and luggage to help with the excavating.

You sustain Your fly so that it doesn't degrade.

You extract 7 Stomachs from Your corpses for use in creating more Food-to-Magic engines.

You experiment with some miracle serum, finding that it is perfectly capable of Enlarging the organs. A stomach is mostly muscle after all.

A large hopper with crackpot sigils converts food into a liquid, which travels down the pipes into a digestion device, which allows the food to congeal slightly before being crushed and mixed with life juices produced by the machine, two valves rest on the side, one which allows for Things to be fuzed with the food to change it's qualities, and one at the bottom to release the slurry.

This in turn connects to a series of 7 Pipes, Which lead to the Stomach engines themselves, which digest Food, turning it into a refined mana slurry.

Craft tissue also includes the information necessary for making specialized cells like that. You could at best, create a digestive bacteria with experimentation.

Fusing Cells from an actual stomach with Generic cells made with the spell could work, or even using Your own mutation spell for such a purpose.

With the Enhanced stomachs, artificial digestion, and Large capacity, you are looking at about 50 Mana per day if you can satiate it's massive 105 Pound capacity. but, due to that same efficiency, the food would only last for about 3 days. -10 Mana, -10 Elbow Grease.

You are now in no position to create a spell alchemy table.

"The sigil apparently works off of a complex magical formula, involving temporal shenanigans and dimensional feedback. it was originally invented as a humorous wizard's toy of sorts. until it's more significant uses were discovered, it is one of the big Alchemical miracles.

Such a Creation could work, but it would require further study and pontification."

You add the Spell theory to your list.

Nothing to that one. It is designed so that it knows runic formula, allowing spells to be engraved onto an object mechanically, similar to the Sigils you already know.

You are running low on mana, and decide to hold off on any more big ticket magical Projects.

You cast Eye spy and See through the eyes of a shovel blight.

Which way do you dig?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:38:06 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 01, 2015, 11:37:45 am »

Has anyone noted that "Fenrir" was a monster wolf in Norse mythology? It's been awhile so I might have just forgotten...

That food-to-mana engine is something we should probably load up now, but in the long run we may want to save a few pounds of fat (right now we have 889 lbs, or as I would say, a lot) for food or potion/spell components...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 01, 2015, 02:03:38 pm »

Is it possible to have a non-soul based undead that regenerates like living things?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 01, 2015, 03:53:14 pm »

"Norse? Fenrir is from Dwarven Mythos. You know, God of wolves destined to one day bring about Ragnarok unless killed?"

"Regenerates health, or regenerates mana? Souls are the reason that living things can regenerate mana, so a no on that one, while a Self regenerating minions is more than possible, the problem that keeps them from being viable is how fast they burn through their energy, Making them functionally the same for killing purposes, Hit them a lot until they die. the only difference being that they lose health, and then lose sustenance healing that health."

((Stuff you want to craft in the future, and other general stuff, should be Directed to the Public projects Doc, which is editable by anyone. it will be self moderated, so don't ruin it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 04:03:59 pm by Shadestyle »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 01, 2015, 04:23:55 pm »

I was thinking about a better bloodcow. And I think Aslandus was referring to the metaquest.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 01, 2015, 04:33:46 pm »

"It having a soul is necessary for the production of usable blood, since otherwise the blood would not have mana in it. the whole idea is that living blood has a more refined mana in it, perfect for magic. an undead making blood would just be an unnecessarily complex magic zombie, since you would have to recharge whatever is pumping mana into the blood. and the blood would still be not quite right. so in short, No, undead blood farms are not viable without souls."

"Is it a reference if it is the actual one of legend? I am sure Shadestyle would give it to you, but..."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:18:31 pm by Shadestyle »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 01, 2015, 06:19:39 pm »

Bumping for Action.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 01, 2015, 06:32:48 pm »

Aggh.. the meta... attack the meta!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 01, 2015, 06:34:36 pm »

Why wouldn't it be? A reference is still a reference no matter how blatant. *grumblegrumbleeyespygrumblegrumble* What's up with us? Like, from your perspective what are we?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 01, 2015, 06:51:00 pm »

"Well, My world is essentially a parallel dimension whose chronological and physical laws Mingle near perfectly with the events of this suggestion game. You people love to make me explain things, without getting much done, but then I suppose I love explaining it... physically speaking, you are the representation of my shattered mind, caused by my head trauma."

Ding. Metaquest is now complete. Begrudgingly. Pick Three generic spellbooks, or spellbooks that were present in the Original shop that wizard butler worked at.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:55:58 pm by Shadestyle »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 01, 2015, 07:12:14 pm »

MUSCLE WIZARD!!!!!!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 01, 2015, 08:24:42 pm »

*Armok looks throguh http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144933.msg5759913#msg5759913 and http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144933.msg5760144#msg5760144 *

Hmm. One should be either Time magic and other yellow magics, by Pries Omen or Dimentional magics, a Primer I think. Since those are areas we don't have a good starting point on otherwsie.

Probably *should* get one of the imminently combat useful and practical ones. Mystic Siege Warfare, By Merel Stardust I think is the most usefull here, given we have this engine to generate lots of mana and tend to want to carry around large equipment anyway, might as well pack a punch. Channeling and other means of mana extension also looks intresting.

Then there are the wildcards... More information on these would be extremely useful. Get ripped in 30 days with muscle Wizardry wich might be very usefull if we can adapts it to minions and devices but thats far from certain. Artifice, Theory is not practice, By James Glamour is the most relevant to what we're doing by a LOT but that also means it might have nothing new. Intent magic, Destiny, or Science?. Minmaximus's guide to casting 'Disable plot device'. Polymorphing and other Green magics, by Pries Omen also look interesting.

Edit: oh and actions.

> Fill the mana engine up with fat, we've got *plenty* and we will surely find a way to get more before it runs out.

> Check the sigil for which way to dig! Or if we forgot it, just dig in a slight slope upwards in a straight line so if we do find anything getting it out will just be a case of rolling round boulders.

> Contemplate that Mechnical Componet that sucks mana throguh a handle. Would we figure out how to make something similar once we get back to our own viewpoint and pontificate on it a bit?

> With how much it's looking like we'll be making many very large undead, is there anyone nearby where it''d be feasible to make a hunting expedition for Giants, Ettins, Ogres, Elephants, Giant Sloths, or the like? Bonus if there are any large known amounts of bone like an Elephant Graveyard or the thing we're hunting being known to leave them around after eating.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:03:27 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 01, 2015, 08:33:01 pm »

I think Time and Dimensional would both be good. Can we get a preview of muscle an artifice?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 01, 2015, 08:37:35 pm »

"A little price sticker labels Muscle wizardry as 100 Gold. Muscle wizardry seems to be a give and take of Increasing my strength with magic, and increasing my mana by exercising and working out while under several passive spells I have to cast every day."

While artifice Mainly deals in the production of artifacts, enchanted objects. It would have a short list of spells around altering objects and a metamagic feat allowing you to enchant objects, which, as compared to engraving runes, is retained if the object changes shape. You could enchant a liquid, or gas if you so chose.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 01, 2015, 08:54:28 pm »

Artifice sounds more useful
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 250