- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286678 times)

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1500 on: April 09, 2015, 08:21:43 pm »

Could we enchant metal such that it is lightweight and then melt it down and coat the skeleton while retaining the enchant? Or would we have to apply the enchantment after coating our minion?
Also, Create a lens that makes the underlying mechanisms of magic visible.(Reveals ambient magic, Aura, Ley lines, Ect, Making them visible to our eyes or brain.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:26:42 pm by Fallatus »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 09, 2015, 08:33:34 pm »

I don't know abaut enchants, but we could certainly *fuse* a metal. > Lets find a feather and try it again!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 09, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »

Wait, can it craft scrolls? We used a craft scroll spell to make it. Also, thank you Shadestyle, I'm really glad that this is back.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 09, 2015, 08:51:52 pm »

Wait, can it craft scrolls? We used a craft scroll spell to make it. Also, thank you Shadestyle, I'm really glad that this is back.
No, well, not in the same sense of the "craft scroll" spell, but it can clearly describe objects on paper like identifications scrolls. However, it seems that it's descriptions will be a bit open to interpretation...

Could we enchant metal such that it is lightweight and then melt it down and coat the skeleton while retaining the enchant? Or would we have to apply the enchantment after coating our minion?
Also, Create a lens that makes the underlying mechanisms of magic visible.(Reveals ambient magic, Aura, Ley lines, Ect, Making them visible to our eyes or brain.)
Whoa, slow down there cowboy,w hat kind of game do you think you're playing here? We don't just ask for what we want, we haphazardly throw things together until it resembles something that could be used for the same purpose. Why, if we just asked for what we wanted we could finish this game in one comment, just say "I want to be powerful, I want to have tons of minions, I want a cool base, I want to win the game" and we're done. Now where's the fun in that?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 09, 2015, 09:12:29 pm »

OGM THIS THING IS TO PRECIOUS! SQEEE! :'D

Best. Minion. Yet. By far.

> Ask it to describe itself!

> Pet it and cuddle it and spoil it with Sustanance and in general act in a way completely unbecoming of a necromancer.

> Ask it to quantify how good our various minions are at digging.

> Just *ask* what/who Big Brain is.
+1~ That thing is adorable~

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 09, 2015, 09:31:52 pm »

The pen bug is adorable, but there might be a better use for our one mana than using it to cap off his sustenance...
>Get pen bug to identify Valerik

If only so we can see what it thinks of us...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 09, 2015, 10:28:27 pm »

OGM THIS THING IS TO PRECIOUS! SQEEE! :'D

Best. Minion. Yet. By far.

> Ask it to describe itself!

> Pet it and cuddle it and spoil it with Sustanance and in general act in a way completely unbecoming of a necromancer.

> Ask it to quantify how good our various minions are at digging.

> Just *ask* what/who Big Brain is.
+1~ That thing is adorable~
this.

The pen bug is adorable, but there might be a better use for our one mana than using it to cap off his sustenance...
>Get pen bug to identify Valerik

If only so we can see what it thinks of us...

we do this next turn.....also....

ITS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. yay now I can join in. oh and shade. if you can manage with gimp for just an hour or to you could probably recover most of your work, there is a scissor function, that automatically latches on to edges as you click the points.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 10, 2015, 09:54:25 am »

We really should have tried identifying the scrolls earlier.
>Use the liquid sustain spell mixed with ink to draw an identification circle. Redundancy is important.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 10, 2015, 10:10:05 am »

We really should have tried identifying the scrolls earlier.
>Use the liquid sustain spell mixed with ink to draw an identification circle. Redundancy is important.
The combination sigil combines the concepts of the objects, I think we'd have to combine the identification scroll with one of our circles to make an identification circle, hence why I said to combine it with a detect object sigil earlier. I don't think ink would give us the properties we want. Unfortunately we don't have to mana to do my idea so I'll stay hesitant rather than opposed to this.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 10, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

Well I was just unsure as to why we put it in the crackpot.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »

Oh, the one in the crackpot? That's sustained flame inhale, if mix that into ink we'll probably get some fire retardant or exploding ink or something, though we can imbue flame inhale with other spells it is its own spell and does not create identify scrolls on its own. Even if it did, it would probably be the same as the chunky ink we just made in that mundane ink would work just as well...

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 11, 2015, 01:11:07 am »

Could we maybe make a alchemical system of vials and pipes to store extra magic? we could even surgically implant it below our skin and tissues for concealment.
Or we could use crystals, Might even embed them into our bones.
Or maybe a mixture of both ideas into an unholy blend of crystals, Vials and pipes hidden within our body. Constantly pumping magical energies like a secondary vascular system, But for magic instead of blood and nutrients.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 11, 2015, 03:09:02 am »

I'm alredy planing an alchemical system, althou not an implanted one. Both the mining and the learning dwarven were sort of towards that. Oh, that reminds me:

> Ask how to say "Funnel" and "3-way pipe intersection" and "boiler" in dwarven
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 11, 2015, 09:11:24 am »

Could we maybe make a alchemical system of vials and pipes to store extra magic? we could even surgically implant it below our skin and tissues for concealment.
Or we could use crystals, Might even embed them into our bones.
Or maybe a mixture of both ideas into an unholy blend of crystals, Vials and pipes hidden within our body. Constantly pumping magical energies like a secondary vascular system, But for magic instead of blood and nutrients.
I thought we already had two ways of storing magic, keeping it in Nevermore without severing ourselves and just not using it. It's not like we max out on mana, the problem is getting more, not storing what we've got.

An alchemical system would be useful though, get into potion brewing and a similar system might make a single potion last for ten times as long (or maybe we could learn to crystallize magic to increase the ambient mana so we get more when we sleep or even generate it while awake).

I don't know what learning dwarven would help with, except for being able to read the instructions on our autoextruder (which might mean we don't have to use PP to learn how to operate the damn thing). But it looks like we've already learned all the crafts pertaining to pipes and mechanisms, and actually talking to a dwarf would probably be more useful than asking bugsy what specific words are.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 11, 2015, 11:00:11 am »

You cast Sustained Craft scroll twice, Setting one of them in a crackpot.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 250