- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286682 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1485 on: April 08, 2015, 06:07:36 pm »

So I guess +1 to the minion identification system at least.

Information is useful, but for most of this thread getting that information wasn't free and what I mean is that it seems like some of the identifications were a bit... frivolous, like identifying fish scales we found in a lagoon because they were shiny. Granted it found some funny mana trick we might be able to use but generally things like that could probably be put on the back burner until we had already identified potentially more useful materials like the core of Fenrir or those purple gems sitting in our loot bag (granted, no guarantee those wouldn't retroactively seem like a waste of a scroll too, but it still seems a bit silly to identify every little thing we find just because it might potentially be valuable or useful and we haven't seen anything like it yet).

The same sort of thing is why I think we should send GQ:N through to scout the outside, Shovel Blight has nearly finished the hole anyway and could get mining afterwards, but unless we have reason to believe there's some monsters outside that will come flooding in it seems worthwhile to let him finish digging the small tunnel at least, so that we can see (or at least get a rough description of) what's happened to the town.

As for animating the earth, the earth itself isn't alive, and the dead things don't have a solid enough form to actually move, I don't think it would work. That said, I'm not the GM and if he says you can do it then you can do it (albeit at what would probably be a ludicrously high cost). You could probably make a golem out of the bedrock though, if you found/made a core big enough and a cliff face to stick it in.

As for "purifying", I assume there is enough ambient magic to refill an object if you drain it of mana, and as we've learned, drinking dead magic is a can of worms we don't want to open...

((Sorry if I'm slowing down the thread with this argument, but I feel like I need to explain my rationale at least))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 08, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »

Good points. Really, what'd be more useful than all properties of a specific material or minion, i some way of getting a single property of all materials or all minions or all spell-combinations, preferably in a numerical easily comparable way.

Good point about the scouting +1 on that.

That loading hint is... interesting. It can't be as asimple as this working, right:
> Melt some iron using crackpot rather than heat, and use that to completely coat a skeleton without damaging it. Have it move while it solidifies so the joints don't lock. Test it's durability.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 08, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »

Where does mana come from?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48:29 pm »

Where does mana come from?
Well, you see, when mommy magic and daddy magic love each other very much...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 08, 2015, 07:04:23 pm »

Seriously bro? But I'd probably have done the same thing so I'll let this slide.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 08, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »

Try to infuse some earth with magic. Basically in a way that mimics something dead or alive allowing us to reanimate it. just as a test.
(Infusing the earth meaning making the magic part of it, Like a living things has magic. I'm assuming we can only revive things because it has magic in it. If not just ignore irrelevant parts.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 08, 2015, 08:12:21 pm »

Technically most water has passed through something living, so you should be able to reanimate water.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 08, 2015, 10:02:50 pm »

And your blood has iron in it, so we should be able to soak mana from wearing iron armor

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 09, 2015, 10:00:43 am »

Y'know, you could probably animate the outer layer of someone's skin or their hair, too (we animated nails once).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 09, 2015, 10:21:43 am »

Yea, we also animated a rats fur recently IIRC. Definitely precedent for animating skin. Problem is it'd be to weak to actually influence their moments or carry their weight. Now, something with an exoskeleton on the other hand...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 09, 2015, 03:56:33 pm »

Yea, we also animated a rats fur recently IIRC. Definitely precedent for animating skin. Problem is it'd be to weak to actually influence their moments or carry their weight. Now, something with an exoskeleton on the other hand...
We don't have to control them, Merely make them incredibly uncomfortable while our influence slowly spread throughout them like a cancer.
Didn't we reanimate some living smucks finger nail at one point? or was that another story? I think i remember it saying it could spread if left to themselves.
Also, It is much harder to fight an opponent if your skin is literally crawling. Hmmm, I wonder if we could reanimate the skin of a body and then make it "leave" by ripping itself off.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 09, 2015, 05:18:40 pm »

We don't have to control them, Merely make them incredibly uncomfortable while our influence slowly spread throughout them like a cancer.
Didn't we reanimate some living smucks finger nail at one point? or was that another story? I think i remember it saying it could spread if left to themselves.
Also, It is much harder to fight an opponent if your skin is literally crawling. Hmmm, I wonder if we could reanimate the skin of a body and then make it "leave" by ripping itself off.
It's this one, you can still see the fingernails under the minions list, they are currently inert. All those conversations about spells that shoot projectiles to deal damage taht were going on earlier seem pretty pointless since animating someone's skin and making it close up their nostrils so they suffocate totally sounds feasible.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 09, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »

It's this one, you can still see the fingernails under the minions list, they are currently inert. All those conversations about spells that shoot projectiles to deal damage taht were going on earlier seem pretty pointless since animating someone's skin and making it close up their nostrils so they suffocate totally sounds feasible.
An alternative would making their skin rot off.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 09, 2015, 07:16:56 pm »

You have two goals you attempt to accomplish, Tanking some iron yu have avalable, you place it in one of the crackpots, Waiting patiently until it achieves a liquid consistency.

While waiting, You craft a pen with stick like legs from bone, and animate the little creature. You cannot take it's mind out, so you instead decide to just fuse the entire thing.

You cast Sustained Craft scroll twice, Setting one of them in a crackpot.

You mix a helping of ink, Blood from blood cattle, and some bone dust together, It's is a bit thick, but with the materials considered, it cannot be helped. Some of the materials are wasted in the process.

The effects of this as compared to normal ink might be debatable, Considering that the minion will likely do most of the work.

You fuse together The Bone pen and the Sustained craft scroll, Making what looks like a yellowed Stick insect with Little bone frames around where it's eyes would be, you fill it with the ink mixture. finishing the project.  -4 mana.

Big brain? Well either way this seems to be a novelty at best, Though it does raise some interesting theories on how the identification spell works.

You pour one iron bar over one of your skeletons, making it move Quickly and constantly through the whole process. It's ability to move it's fingers and toes are lost to the altar of science, and there are some patches of exposed bone, but that is more due to a lack of material, and inexperience with this new idea. It shambles almost as slow as a zombie with the new weight, but you are certain that it can take a few more hits than it used to. and it will certainly be harder to completely destroy, since the joints can be reattached.   -1 Elbow grease

You keep in mind that you cannot perform life magic, and that yours is literally an anathema to it. for that matter it is the "frame" that allows life to inhabit something, not the life itself, In this case, animating soil would amount to animating the little organisms in the soil that are decomposing into it.

You attempt to animate the soil using your death magic, but have no luck, It seems the soil, while good, is not fresh enough to have intact organisms to revive. -1 mana

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 09, 2015, 08:19:53 pm »

OGM THIS THING IS TO PRECIOUS! SQEEE! :'D

Best. Minion. Yet. By far.

> Ask it to describe itself!

> Pet it and cuddle it and spoil it with Sustanance and in general act in a way completely unbecoming of a necromancer.

> Ask it to quantify how good our various minions are at digging.

> Just *ask* what/who Big Brain is.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 250