- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286600 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1470 on: April 07, 2015, 08:11:40 am »

Really? Demons. I don't remember that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 07, 2015, 09:01:41 am »

Really? Demons. I don't remember that.
It did happen, I remember that, I'd give a link but I don't really want to dig through the entire archive just to make a point. We squashed them fast last time, but tearing at the fabric of reality is always an iffy thing...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 07, 2015, 07:23:05 pm »

You have two equally viable Ideas, Creating an undead to simply do all the work for you, or a magical sigil to identify objects. One requires that you Sustain it and provide more materials from time to time, While the other might take more trial and error to craft, but identify things easily and tidily. You decide to think on it more, leaving your decision to your future whims.

Your Shovel Blight has made good progress, by the end of the day it will have a dog sized tunnel.

Inner flame allows you to produce small feats such as smoke, Highly limited fire breath, and a natural production of fire charges when well fed.

As far as you remember, yes, a lack of ambient magic apparently causes demons.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

Records
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:13 pm »

I vote for a timeskip Until a human sized tunnel is dug out.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 07, 2015, 08:39:04 pm »

I vote for a timeskip Until a human sized tunnel is dug out.
I vote against it
There's still a bunch of stuff we can do since we have time, we haven't even decided on a new identification method. We could craft some new stuff, or give the dungeon another go (the tunnel will probably be done by the time we get back, this time maybe we should actually bring some minions to help us do things). We could even try interacting with some of the others trapped in the cave a bit more if we're feeling really adventurous.

If we really want to find out what's out there we could probably send GQ: Nevermore on a scouting mission (he'd definitely fit through that hole), and if we could get that "Eye Spy" spell from the divination book it'll probably work well (No PP now, but if we find an opportunity it's probably worth getting).

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 07, 2015, 09:18:03 pm »

Take several skeletons and shape their bones into a large drill, Then have the drill head latch onto a cart frame or something capable of forward movement and dig forwards unto freedom.
(Create a drill head made from bones. About twice to three times as large as us.)
Or take the skeletons and shape them into a worm like frame and have the skeleton drill worm spin towards freedom instead.
(A large worm composed of skeleton parts that digs by spinning .)
Also, Make sure to round up any nearby corpses for future reanimation.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 07, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »

Take several skeletons and shape their bones into a large drill, Then have the drill head latch onto a cart frame or something capable of forward movement and dig forwards unto freedom.
(Create a drill head made from bones. About twice to three times as large as us.)
Or take the skeletons and shape them into a worm like frame and have the skeleton drill worm spin towards freedom instead.
+1

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 07, 2015, 10:00:41 pm »

+1
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 07, 2015, 10:26:16 pm »

GAH! I have a bunch of amazing crafting ideas I just need to IDENTIFY things first!

-1 to any form of timeskip or sleeping, I have TONS of crafting to do I just need to know how we'll identify things first since most of them needs more info and/or dwarven

-1 to drill, thats a horibly inefficent idea, I have much better digger ideas than that I just need a throguh IDENTIFY of the shovel minion first

-1 to making a larger tunnel, the small shove minnion is not SUPOSED to make tunnels for us to travel throguh, it's suposed to make narow exploration and prospecting tunnels.

> Send the shovel minion to look for ORES, not try to dig us out.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 07, 2015, 10:42:55 pm »

You and your identifying, it's like an addiction

Maybe we can make the Id'ing bench now and later we can make a scanner when we can do experimentation more easily, but seriously all this Identifying seems to slow the game down and flood us with unnecessary information about materials we have yet to even try to use...

As for the ores, we already have metal, so are we trying to make something, filling our stocks, or maybe hoping to find something cool underground for us to continue to not be able to identify?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 08, 2015, 12:19:23 am »

Well, for the info I want, if we had more control we could get away with less than a full identify, but right now it's that or extensive testing, and so far suggesting testing has never resulted in the GM bothering to write out the details I need. I need to know wich of my previews ideas worked and what the performance bottlenecks are and such in order to improve the later designs. I also need to know what combined spells do because if they are good we need to learn/back them up beofre we use them.

We don't have metal. We have a small amount of copper, which is not good enough for many of the things I want to try, and a few lonely bars of misc rare alloys it'd be wastefull to use when they are not strictly needed.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 08, 2015, 09:33:16 am »

I'm confused as to WHAT you are trying to do. What requires more than 6 metal? I'd like to have some way to contact the outside, if only to see if there's anyone still alive out there.

I just think we need some way to identify things that doesn't use up all our mana every turn and won't cause us to summon demons once a week, especially since you refuse to do anything without knowing fully what will happen.

Not wanting to move forward without information is fine given the open ended nature of this ISG, but the way you guys have been doing it has ended up consuming useful resources for what amounts to almost nothing given that many of the things we've identified like the Skeel ingot and the headbutt circlet haven't seen any real use. Nothing wrong with being cautious, but how much use would we really get out of a hypothetical spell that brings robots back to life and how many resources would we be willing to pour into it?

We have about 25 spells and only use about half of them, so I want to know what hypothetical spell you're trying to create, if not to help you figure out how to make it, at least to justify the resources we would spend making it.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 08, 2015, 02:38:22 pm »

I have a (probably absurd) question. Would it be possible to make the earth "dead" and then reanimate it?
Like, Infusing the earth with death energies and then controlling it, Allowing us to move large amounts of dirt and rock like it was a minion of ours.
Also, Is it possible to drain death or dead magic from an object, Leaving it free of those types of magic? Basically purifying it (and maybe storing the energy for later use.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 08, 2015, 05:21:47 pm »

You realize that's 6 *ingots* right? The answer to your question is "pretty much anything". But specifics I had in mind includes armored minions and armoring the wagon.

And yea, we need a  better way to identify things, that's what I'm currently trying to MAKE. Especially, with a minion version, we might be able to ask specific questions, and thus not tax the GM so much.

The reason I'm identifying thigns isn't caution, it's knowing what we have avilable. Identifying those two things WAS usefull and sort of why we havint used them yet; they are known to be valuble materials that shouldnt be wasted frivolusly before we know we're puting them to good use. Similarly, on identifying spells, that's WHY we need to; in order to not waste Pointification on learning ones we'll never use.

regarding animating the earth: That's actualy similar to a great idea I've been considering; animating coil, oil, sediments, or a mix of those two. After all,they WERE once alive. And yea, usage is prety much as you were saying. Basialy my guess is "yes but only if it's the right kind"
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 08, 2015, 05:51:13 pm »

Super loading screen hint: If you materials, you likely have them already, and don't even know it!
[/b]

There is more than one source of metal at your disposal you remember, Thinking on all of the Scrap and such that you have retrieved over your travels.

Reanimating soil would be neat. But really it would boil down to How much intact organic matter is in it. A jungle would be the prime candidate for reanimation, but any soil could work. Really, The best way to tell would be to just try it.

You slap yourself at the thought that a spell might be of no use to you. That is like spitting in the face of magic itself. You shudder at the thought of the old mages who dismissed a spell, only to have a lack of it be their downfall.

You think it might be a good idea to ration your identification scroll usage, as reading does take up a lot of your time. Ultimately you dismiss the thought. Science will never die.

You don't really have any consensus on what you should do, the warring argument in your mind causing you to take pause.

You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 250