- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286472 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1290 on: January 19, 2015, 08:03:04 pm »

Sphere of control? Easy, The Most OP of all. Reality Warping.
Reality Warping the most OP? Yeah right. Try Gradients. That's my vote. Just think about what you could do if you had power over gradients of all kinds, and then tell me if you still think RW is the most OP. :P
+1 to Witch powers.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 19, 2015, 08:09:39 pm »

Look, we can't have witch powers anyway, even if that was what I meant, the Side Story character is the avatar of the deity of whatever sphere we're talking about, but she can't do whatever the sphere entails (At least that's what I got).

That also reminds me, how can you use less mana to perform the same feats, with the same effect, but with a backlash? And if dead magic isn't any more powerful than normal magic, what changes that allows you to mutate something with only one mana without being vaporized? Your disposition shouldn't matter if the end result of doing it should be annihilation, whether the magic you are currently tapping from is dead or not.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 19, 2015, 08:13:24 pm »

It might be more of a wastage thing. Dead magic might be more clumped together and harder to waste.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 19, 2015, 08:26:23 pm »

What if the sphere is gradients? Like how a heat got can to some extent affect a fire god's sphere.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 19, 2015, 08:57:53 pm »

"Much in the same way that you an turn weak grass into a strong rope. All the material is there. it just needs to be used correctly. Think of one mana as being one finger, you can spend enough of it to make a fist, and punch something, and some people get really good at that, then you have master wizards, who can make an entire tower with just one finger, whereas when i was possessed with dead mana, i took that finger and punched it through a steel plate, regardless of the fact that it broke the rest of my hand in the process.  Much in the same way that some human fighters know exactly how to use the minimal force to shatter an object with their bare hands."

"Imagine mana as being a solid material that you can move with your mind, but other things can affect it as well, like saying something causing it to change into a new spell. Well i essentially blew a blood vessel in my nose willing one mana to do all of that.  Except less blood and more internal hemorrhaging."

"Control is another factor. If i throw a handful of water at someone, most of it will hit the ground before it reaches it's target, But if i throw a snowball, or use a squirt gun, less is wasted."

"Dead mana Put my mind and will in a state where i can control less mana more effectively, and have enough will to push it to new heights. It also made me a suicidal homicidal psychopath."

"Now that i have said that, there are two ways i can go. Practice spells until i can perform them near-effortlessly, or become powerful enough that their full price is child's play."

"So do I want to be able to raise 100 undead with 1 mana, or just have so much mana that 100 of it is trivial? the best answer is both, since that is how you get arch-mages."

According to the 'locals' and wizard butler, this is an escape tunnel that was sealed off by explosives from above, trapping the nobles that used it to flee inside. the only alternative smaller tunnels are filled with nasty creatures, or even worse, bandits.

To make a mana battery, you find something hollow, and fill it with mana, without willing it to sever from yourself. the only problem is of course, it getting attuned to the material. In your case, bone is best, since it would attune raw mana to death magic, which is precisely what you use for like, 90% of your spells. But then again, you have been majorly generalizing your spell list you suppose.

Using your innate mana to cast spells has no downsides, but casting a fire spell with water attuned mana might have unexpected consequences.

"As for your unconsciousness master, It seems that Dublin keeps a Blowdart tube handy, because as he said "Wizards run out of spells.", He shot you and then the fairy bashed you with the flat of it's sword."

"In your... Altered state of mind, you also may have opened a portal to one of the infernal planes after you voided the mana in the area with your magical fire breath."

"Also, While I have respected your wishes, i have made use of materials on hand to study the elixir more in depth. It apparently redirects mana flow through the body, along with a magical steroid mixed with several mundane ones. the redirecting of mana to the muscles appears to be what causes the 1%  intelligence loss. though if it weren't for that, there would be harmful long term side effects later. so it is actually a necessary evil."

"It will be impossible to synthesize without destructive study of a portion of the serum, and of course, equipment to test with."

you tell him you will consider it.

It seems some of the business minded nobles have taken to bartering what they have for food and other necessities, how ironic that you gold will be worthless here.

After considering this, and limping around town, you sleep until daybreak. No exceedingly out of the ordinary dreams. but entertaining enough. +2 Pontification points, +12 Health, +6 Elbow grease, +13 Mana

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)

((I panicked and super stressed out on remaking them as quickly as possible. Slowly rending my soul apart.))
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:03:34 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 19, 2015, 10:03:49 pm »

Sphere of control? Easy, The Most OP of all. Reality Warping.
Reality Warping the most OP? Yeah right. Try Gradients. That's my vote. Just think about what you could do if you had power over gradients of all kinds, and then tell me if you still think RW is the most OP. :P

Would gradients not be part of reality warping? Within reality is all that exists is it not? It would be under my assumption, That if someone had the power of reality warping; The power to change the very fabric and functions of the universe, Nay, Omniverse they exist in, That the power to control and change anything within would be in their grasp.
The power of manipulating gradients as such would fall under the domain of reality warping by default then, Would it not?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 19, 2015, 10:08:06 pm »

Dear god, no wonder why it was said it was a bad idea, opening a portal to hell after causing massive damage to ourself?
Also, I think we should focus on training our skills with using mana first, having a massive bank of mana so that any amount might well be trivial is great and all, but who knows when we won't have that massive amount of mana backing us up, being able to do more with less seems better than just having so much.

Hmmm, I definitely think that we should try our best to supply Wizard Butler with the materials he needs, not just for this magical steroid, but also for any other items that we could have upgraded.

Also, I suggest we focus on regaining a large enough army to push back and take the town, might as well, if only to have a stronghold and a town that 'likes' us somewhat.
On to actions, however:
>With that inner fire trait, see how much flame we can project, just to make sure, and see if we can do stuff like concentrate it or spread the flames outwards.
>Can the dwarven forge 'make simple shape' command form bullets? Not with gunpowder, just the bullet shape that could fit the firing chamber for the zombie mech.
>Check out that jewellery, does it have any crystals? Like rubies or sapphires?
>Think of any material that can repel mana, not destroy it, just act like two magnets on the same pole.
>What does it mean by 'White silk bolts'?
Oh man I just noticed that the flame inhale scroll is now called Bowser Koopas flame, pffff.
>Use one PP on craft chainmail sheet, and one on craft sword.
>Check our staff again.
>Fill up Nevermore, but this time don't cut off the mana, keep it 'alive'.
Alan help.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 19, 2015, 10:11:36 pm »

Metaquest submission, I bet the red dwarfs are a reference to the tv series Red Dwarf
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 20, 2015, 07:19:24 pm »

> Hmm, speaking of mana types, we should try casting things with different types of mana Sustained then identify them and if good. Lets start with a Flame Inhale from mana that's been boning aroud  a skull geting death aligned for  few minutes.

> Specify information category: sub-components that can be detached while still leaving it functional.

> Create a large Hollow Sphere of bone much like the valve. in fact, attach it to the valve. Fill with 5 mana without severing. Also pour in a bit of blood in whatever way that'll let it stay good for sustaining undead.
> If the above sphere and valve atach takes less than 1 mana try geting it to make several for it.

> Spend another drop of elexir on a Tasty Fruit, along with feeding it of your own mana as needed since it dosnt have a brain to redirect from, trying to make it grow as large as posible. Food for everyone!
> Eat from the giant fruit. For marketing purposes, let 1 person who dont have much to trade eat from it for free. Then if they don't fare ill trade away fuit-meats for ALL THE THINGS.

> Regradles of how much and how, when trading, focus on, in order: Exotic Elixr (identify), jewelry (enchantable!), spices, silk (probably cheaper than velevet at the monet bcuase velvet is warm), fine wine, and finaly fancy leather.

> Spend even more Identify scrolls on the Dwarven Extruder, especially looking for more additions to the pipe and valve system like flasks and tanks and mixers and such, as well as any kind of low-level or semi-manual comand set that might be slower and have other additional costs attached but let us make things *at all* without learning a command specific to the exact narrow type of thing. Finally, try to get any comands related to clockwork and/or robotic limbs/joints

> Hey, we're underground, go looking for ores!
> If the monster-filled side tunnels look like they'd contain significant amounts of ores, bring all our minions and go get 'em, otherwise we'll be staying here and scienceing for a large amount of updates. ;p
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:22:03 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 20, 2015, 07:28:58 pm »

Blood can be stored anywhere, it doesn't Need to be chilled or anything (apparently) as any blood fed zombie only requires it for the mana in the blood, not the nutrients or anything.
Also, I'm (pretty) sure that Nevermore can act as a mana battery, as the only requirements are not to sever it from your body.
Alan help.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 20, 2015, 08:22:51 pm »

Taking deep breaths, you see that your inner flame turns your normal exhales into tiny plumes of fire and smoke if you breath out hard enough, and firebreathing in general is not the "Grit your teeth and bear it" ordeal it was before.

You can do those cool smoke rings that humans make when they smoke that ghastly plant of theirs, along with other generally entertaining things.

Yes it can make bullet shapes. though they won't be aerodynamic as they would be cylinders with flat heads.

Rubies, saphires, Topaz, Diamond, onyx, and even Moissanite gems, made of copper, silver, gold, platinum, and a nice looking material known as magestone, or artificial arcanite. Which is generally worthless as it can be made with a simple spell, but it is still a beautiful transparent material with very little flexibility.

The nobles are certainly not short of riches, that is for sure.

Demonite does the trick for repelling mana. It exudes a magical aura attuned to it which repels normal mana and attracts more of the demonic mana, according to WB.

Cloth is commonly sold in bolts.

You learn the Techniques and commands necessary to produce swords and chaimail. -2 Pontification points.

The staff has stabilized, and the plant grows as per usual.

You fill nevermore with live mana. -5 Mana

Nevermore's Mechanical gun has leveled up.

You attempt to make a Hollow bone sphere using your Extruder, but it only succeeds in making a grinding noise and producing a lot of Smoke.

You realize that you are out of Scrolls, and that your dwarven extruder may very well be broken. You feel like you just need a good translator's dictionary at this point to learn how to create things freely.

You inject a drop of elixir into a tasty fruit. but nothing happens, you also infuse mana into it, but outside of a mutation spell, it won't be growing any time soon.  (one point of your mana feels fruity now.)

The closest thing to ores here is Pipes running along the walls, but those seem to be necessary.

The side tunnels are exceedingly small. Maybe one other normal sized person could comfortably follow in there.

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:55:33 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:51 pm »

Ahhh shiz, should have remembered that the Extruder only works with metals and specific meltable materials, not with bones.
Wait, we already have a bone valve, must have been a bad roll then.
Dammit, and it's so useful as well!
>Check how hot our flame is, see if we can melt a gold bar, not all of it, just see if at least we can make it weak.
>We could use those gems for more golems, or mana testing, attempt to trade a couple tasty fruits for the necklace.
>I say we bring luggage and Nevermore with us if we go through those tunnels, there might be some cool stuff there and we don't want to have to leave any behind.
>make another identification scroll, and use it on the Extruder with the specification:Moving Parts.
>Hmmm, on the line that infusing a fruit with unaltered mana caused it to become fruity instead of Nature infused would indicate that there are multiple subtypes of mana, infuse one point of mana with the oasis water, if my theory is correct, the mana may also become 'cleanliness' infused.
>Look around the camp for any people selling items that may fit with WB's specifications.
>Question wizard butler on possibility of making some sort of temporary version of the serum, that lasts for a short time, but has less negative side effects.
>Take the plank of wood, then whittle it down to a nice stick, infuse it with the fruity mana, then set it alight, how does it smell?
SS:Alright then voice, what do you think we could possibly do right now, we have nothing to illegally sell, and we don't have a sword!
Do we?
Alan help.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 21, 2015, 01:19:32 am »

Wait, wasn't an idea brought up earlier for magic conduits that operate by suspending the mana so that it isn't corrupted? Wouldn't that also work for a battery? If not, bone is still probably the best choice of battery material.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 21, 2015, 02:41:10 am »

Oh, WB already said Demonite has properties approaching what we want, though I just think that we can't get it right now, and never more was empty anyway.
Alan help.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 21, 2015, 04:43:38 am »

PTW.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 250