Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire  (Read 22132 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire
« Reply #300 on: December 07, 2014, 06:23:38 am »

Point Defense.

And I'll think of a message later. I have some time before it arrives.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2014, 06:25:31 am »

Skyrunner, if we make Kinetic Missiles this turn, can we use them during the same turn? Also, would it be correct that Superconductors and Coilguns both have 1 turn remaining?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:33:59 am by RulerOfNothing »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2014, 06:37:08 am »

Yes, you can produce them then load them into a ship that has KM capacity.

Yes, they both do.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2014, 12:37:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I do believe you were blockaded back there :O))

Amelia Tenrin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Ngghhhh, webadict, I already sent my Colonizer to Vili! D: Could I please retcon it to another planet because of this...mishap? >.> As in, redirect to Pelsk Echo/Alpha
Also yay...a Turul now costs 135...hmph. :I))

"The private sectors have spoken--our Erinyes are coming back into commission, everyone." Amelia announced to everyone, and to the other representatives in particular. "And by that, I mean I'm directly advocating an international mutual defense treaty. Since we've access to the first colony ships, dubbed the Genesis class frigate, as well as willing colonizers from all social strata-" in my case at least, I am happy to see that these are all done by free will, considering the impact of my reforms...for once in history, nothing bad came out of it. And I'm not running a tyranny! "-this marks the first step of mankind to the stars, en masse, where I do believe photographs and records of all sorts--for scientific advancement, as well as entertainment and awareness of this new frontier, would be spread amongst our people for generations to come!"

Rally the cause--announce a speech to the nations! Also mourn in private amongst my province.

Taking a brief several seconds for the time to settle her announcement, Amelia flipped an inconspicuous switch to channel the wavelengths to only her local intercomms. She had prepared a video feed regarding the crew of the lost Turul ship--some of them veterans from the Erinyes prototypes.

"Today also marks a sad day in history. These feeds show another rung in the climb of mankind's reach for the stars: the Turul "Fast Assault Ship", manned with a maximum of twelve, and armed with the latest possible advancements we can contain. You can all see the offending figures as blurs due to solar radiation and gaseous phenomena in the distance, at the 10:31st mark.

"That is the Kaa--and the structure covering a third of the screen at 10:45 is their own marvel of technology. The wormhole theory made manifest through this construct. Through negotiations and diplomacy--the Kaa are...a race with an erratic set of beliefs. This was an attack made without any sort of warning shot or prior hailing of any form. Either they have acted out from aggression, or there was sabotage; regardless, the creation of the Tractus memorial field will continue as scheduled, and the brave men and women will be known throughout the annals of history in their service, here."

Actions:
> Create a memorial field for the dead and a historical archive to be set in my province; as an aside, hopefully this will quell dissent. Spend as much credits below 100 for its creation.

Will edit rest

[editing because ugh
also...oh dear. Pelsk has been sabotaged. I've been ambushed (yay separate Kaa faction >_>) Zakharov is experiencing a frontier fight, and Fletcher...chills out.
...So who's up for Plan B: Orbital Defense Platform for all nations? :D]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:11:37 pm by Tiruin »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2014, 03:44:39 pm »

(If we're going to make Orbital Defense Platforms, we'd need to get Proton Beams so they can actually damage Interceptors.)

"In light of the recent flare-up of hostilities with the Kaa, the Titanian Republic would like to offer other factions ships with enhanced durability, for a small fee." (OOC: I am willing to make ships with 150% HP for other factions, provided they pay the ship cost plus 5 credits if the ship is Tier 1 or 2, 10 credits for Tier 3 ships and 20 credits for Tier 4 ships)
"In addition, with the recent development of manned colonization ships, the Republic offers to produce up to two of them at a discounted price of 250 Credits each. It is hoped that this measure will further improve humanity's economic development."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »

I'm assuming that Ebbor and Tiruin say yes to private space flight. What about you, Ruler?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »

I am in favour of private space flight (more space flight = more money for everyone). One other thing: is it possible to use a Hercules to transport large numbers of Kinetic Missiles?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2014, 08:09:13 pm »

You could, but there's no way to load them without a construction frigate or orbital docks.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 07, 2014, 08:13:35 pm »

Alright, is it possible to develop a ship for transporting munitions that is also capable of rearming ships, or is the second capability part of what construction frigates can do?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2014, 10:59:52 pm »

I'm assuming that Ebbor and Tiruin say yes to private space flight. What about you, Ruler?
((I'd like that colonizer to be sent to a right destination though :-\ I posted the coordinates before Webadict did--I guess he didn't see it because of his busy-ness.))

"Fletcher, may I requisition two Beta-class Colonizer transports from your industries at lower the market cost? As low as possible--this flight will be heavily guarded."

{Will edit for later}
> Requisition two colonizer Betas from Fletcher at the lowest possible price; send towards KnifeManGently
> Scan the Skies of KnifeManGently.
> RETREAT TURUL FLEET [in POA] towards Sol.
> Get Hercules to grab all scrap it can manage and drive it home to Sol for delivery; ask the pilot to notify when the route is finished.
> Scout m3a moves to Delta and scans that one greenish planet.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:10:09 pm by Tiruin »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2014, 11:31:53 pm »

To Amelia: "Hmm. How does 75 credits each sound?"
To all factions: "I believe that the Empire of Iron wants our material sciences. What are everyone's opinions on selling them Improved Armor and/or Superconductors?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2014, 11:41:31 pm »

Alright, is it possible to develop a ship for transporting munitions that is also capable of rearming ships, or is the second capability part of what construction frigates can do?

Construction frigates are intended as fleet tenders, and even have internal storage equal to a Hercules for missiles--probably 6.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 09, 2014, 12:28:22 pm »

I believe there's a mistake in my turn. I should have 100 less credits. My colonizers were 200 total, so I think one was skipped.

Also, Vili was initially my planet, right? Were you trying to colonize it?

"Cruaraea REFUSES to give civilians access to space flight. While seemingly innocuous, the potential dangers are vastly outweighed by the threats posed by space and the unknown.

"Currently, Cruaraea supports only government-sanctioned space travel. Should this mandate pass, it will exclude Cruaraean citizens by will of Cruaraea. Only those military personnel designated for space flight may pilot spaceships, and all such spaceships must be government owned. This keeps the burden of space exploration within the government's oversight.

"My country will not play protector to the fancies of the wealthy. Too many dangers exist at this point to allow citizen spacefare."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2014, 01:52:17 am »

I believe there's a mistake in my turn. I should have 100 less credits. My colonizers were 200 total, so I think one was skipped.

Also, Vili was initially my planet, right? Were you trying to colonize it?
I thought the understanding was it was a shared colony? o_O
As in: I did check On the first note, And the second so...hence my action being like such.
So Skyrunner: possibility of retcon'ing my action? ._. I may have misunderstood the mechanics (or maybe due to wording of them).

To Amelia: "Hmm. How does 75 credits each sound?"
To all factions: "I believe that the Empire of Iron wants our material sciences. What are everyone's opinions on selling them Improved Armor and/or Superconductors?"
"Agreed on the 75 credits each. On the request of the Empire, I'd like to know their story in more detail, however. Given our historical context--the first enemy we meet and the first ally against them are sometimes, not always with and against us.

"I am mightily curious however, on why the Kaa are making aggressive 'wormhole' approaches. Does anyone have better speculation of these? I've got a plan on monitoring however. Pelsk: Your probe schematics could manage a minor boost to its reconnaissance capabilities, as well as being partly hidden in the vast reaches of any system--if every province could contribute a probe and hit the locations where the Kaa 'gateways' have been spotted, then maybe we may be able to learn significant information via observation here."

"Cruaraea REFUSES to give civilians access to space flight. While seemingly innocuous, the potential dangers are vastly outweighed by the threats posed by space and the unknown.

"Currently, Cruaraea supports only government-sanctioned space travel. Should this mandate pass, it will exclude Cruaraean citizens by will of Cruaraea. Only those military personnel designated for space flight may pilot spaceships, and all such spaceships must be government owned. This keeps the burden of space exploration within the government's oversight.

"My country will not play protector to the fancies of the wealthy. Too many dangers exist at this point to allow citizen spacefare."
Amelia muffled a cough as she reviewed Pelsk's announcement.
"You could do with making it temporarily or permanently known, by the way. Your citizenry is also interested in the timeframe of all these events. That reminds me to edit mine, too."

Kasselyn shall concede to the wishes of the 'wealthy', however, there would also be strict advice that given the current situation: space travel by civilian craft is ill-advised.
> Share past footage and information towards my people. Hopefully our scientific and humanitarian culture would temper any ill-effects.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2014, 01:58:47 am »

Spoiler: faction data (click to show/hide)
Spacecraft:
  • Hand over the two Colonizer Betas to Amelia.
  • Send the Genesis produced this turn to colonize Nox.
Research & Production:
  • Produce a Genesis (-175 Credits)
  • Produce a Colonizer Beta (-50 Credits,+75 from Amelia)
  • Produce a Colonizer Beta (-50 Credits,+75 from Amelia)

To Amelia: "The Empire's faith seems important to them, so that would be an obvious line of questioning, though I am not entirely sure how best to word the questions."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22