Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire  (Read 22201 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:06 am »

I prefer the latter option.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2014, 07:19:35 am »

If I'm correct, that'll be a +8 income increase straight off the bat, with it growing for every credit you spend researching.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2014, 07:50:26 am »

"Amelia, I believe negotiations have just begun..."

Use Erinyes to reroute Alien Gunship to Earth. Destroy the ship if unable.
Gain Trait: Friends In Low Places
Name BrushThirdTotal Pelsk Delta.
Use Fighter in Pelsk Charlie to travel towards PartFutureSon.
Build Second Erinyes.
Research Production Efficiency.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:58:15 am by webadict »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Looking for 4 faction leaders
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »

Provost Zhakarov - Euroslavic Federation

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Organisation
    - Buy 1 New production slot

Research/Production
    - Production Efficiency
    - Improved Railguns
    - Rukh 1

Movement
    - All Scouts remain on course
    - Rukh 1 is to give chase to the alien vessel, which means that we no longer need to destroy it before it's out of range.

Spoiler: Budget (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2014, 09:49:12 pm »

I forgot how juch one production  costs... 50 credits?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2014, 10:59:37 pm »

I forgot how juch one production  costs... 50 credits?
According to the turn post here, yes. Also, is it possible to research dedicated boarding forces?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2014, 12:30:49 am »

Your ships are yet too small to have more than a couple people on board.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2014, 12:44:17 am »

^
"Hence why we lack superior colony ships." :P

"Note ahead, fellow leaders. We'd need at least the third stage of the Schematic: Larger Ships, to even make a manned colonizer and even better aeronautical and space related designs. The bigger the ship, the more space we can accommodate--research on engines and weaponry can wait until that occurs.

"Whichever banged up that alien gunship--something we lack the technology to even face at the moment--exists out there. It came to this place for a reason, we may meet it soon."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2014, 09:17:18 am »

^

"Note ahead, fellow leaders. We'd need at least the third stage of the Schematic: Larger Ships, to even make a manned colonizer and even better aeronautical and space related designs. The bigger the ship, the more space we can accommodate--research on engines and weaponry can wait until that occurs.

"Whichever banged up that alien gunship--something we lack the technology to even face at the moment--exists out there. It came to this place for a reason, we may meet it soon."
"I plan to capture the gunship. Unharmed if possible, but whatever pieces I can find if not. You want research, we can research the vessel after we disable the engines. We can board the ship and take the aliens. We can study them in a contained environment, determine their danger, anatomy, psychology, whatever. Information is key."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2014, 09:04:49 pm »

^

"I plan to capture the gunship. Unharmed if possible, but whatever pieces I can find if not. You want research, we can research the vessel after we disable the engines. We can board the ship and take the aliens. We can study them in a contained environment, determine their danger, anatomy, psychology, whatever. Information is key."
"We have the boarding power of an archaic F-16 Fighter. Meaning: one man per ship, currently. If you wish to capture it, disable its engines--yet anything short of what could be considered a precise and directed EMP through a vacuum given how we understand the workings of these: it's better to trace where its heading in my jurisdiction.

"That, and I'm pretty unsure if their crew would like being captured for self-purposement. Show them what we call kindness--we'll at least get on a better foothold than shooting them out. I don't believe all aliens are the same (despite these looking different). Just like people."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2014, 05:56:22 am »

^

"We have the boarding power of an archaic F-16 Fighter. Meaning: one man per ship, currently. If you wish to capture it, disable its engines--yet anything short of what could be considered a precise and directed EMP through a vacuum given how we understand the workings of these: it's better to trace where its heading in my jurisdiction.

"That, and I'm pretty unsure if their crew would like being captured for self-purposement. Show them what we call kindness--we'll at least get on a better foothold than shooting them out. I don't believe all aliens are the same (despite these looking different). Just like people."
"Tracing its final destination isn't going to work. Capturing the ship is the only way to obtain relevant information. The Railguns on the Erinyes should be able to disable the engines, so long as it can hit when the shield is down. They're far more precise than most weapons. We don't know if these aliens are even organic, so finding live aliens could prove useful. This is a good chance to learn.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2014, 08:13:20 am »

Year 3, Q1~2

Pelsk of Cruaraea
Pelsk adopts the trait Friends in Low Places. Earth income increases by 50%.
BrushThirdTotal is now known as Pelsk Delta.
The Fighter craft in Pelsk Charlie departs towards PartFutureSon, to arrive in an hour.

The orbital docks construct another Erinyes gunship for 40 credits.
Finally, 15 credits are put towards Production Efficiency. Zhakarov finishes this project, giving Earth a large production bonus.

Pelsk gains 109 credits from his colonies, for a net gain of 54 credits.

The Erinyes in orbit fires at the Alien Gunship's engines.

Prototype Railgun -- 1.2 * 4 damage
The first shot strikes the top-left engine while the shield flickers off, dealing (1.2-1.0) damage. The engine explodes, sending the gunship into a lazy spiral.
The second shot strikes the bottom-right engine while the shield is up, dealing 0 damage.
The third shot strikes the bottom-right engine while the shield is down, dealing (1.2-1.0) damage. The engine sputters out, and the gunship no longer has any propulsion.
The Erinyes does not fire its fourth shot.

The Alien Gunship is disabled and won't be going anywhere soon. It is currently in Earth orbit.

Amelia of Kasselyn
Two Colonizers are constructed in orbit for the cost of 100 credits.
Friends in Low Places is gained as a secondary trait.

Amelia's Impasser attempts to continue transmission. The unintelligible signal continues, but at least it is being recorded by Mission Control. A new research path has been unlocked.

The Erinyes boosts out of Earth orbit and into FTL transit, arriving at Pelsk Alpha.
An Alien Scout awaits! It engages immediately.

The Erinyes shoots first.
Because its railguns cannot do damage to the Alien Scout, it looses a salvo of missiles.
Chemical Missiles - (3-1-1) damage
The Alien Scout takes 1 damage.

It retaliates, firing its main weapon.
Twin Photon Drivers -- (2 - 1.5) * 2
The first shot misses!
The second shot strikes the hull of the Erinyes, dealing 0.5 damage.

Seeing that it didn't do much damage, it launches its missiles at the Erinyes.

Antimatter Missiles -- (10-1.5) damage
Two missiles, attached to hardpoints on the stub-wings of the Alien Scout detach and fly towards the Erinyes, which has no way to block them.

It disintegrates in a bright flash of light.

Zhakarov of the Euroslavic Federation

Another Orbital Docks is constructed on Earth, costing 50 credits.
He finishes Production Efficiency for 7 credits and permanently gains 1 credit as income.
He starts researching Improved Railguns, spending 15 credits and permanently gaining 1 credit as income.
He also constructs a Ruhk 1 for 40 credits.

The Scout sent towards ChooseSoldierNobody has 1 more turn until it arrives.
The Ruhk does not need to chase the enemy vessel anymore, as Pelsk has already disabled it. It stays at Earth docks, ready to be scrambled at any moment.

Income from colonies totals 75 credits. Since he has spent 112 credits, his turn net income a loss of 37 credits.

To gain another Orbital Docks on Earth, Zhakarov must spend 100 credits.

Fletcher of Titanian Republic acquires the trait Greater Good, greatly reducing the price for colony ships without compromising their quality.

Money is put into Improved Railguns, 30 credits.

The Prototype Railguns of old are left behind for the newest invention, Triple Capacitor Railguns.
The Phoenix A&B, Erinyes, and Ruhk 1&2 are now equipped with Triple Capacitor Railguns. Any ships currently in Earth orbit are automatically upgraded to use them. Because Fletcher's Erinyes left at the beginning of the turn, it does NOT have TCRailguns.

An Erinyes and a Colonizer move to Crowbar System and will arrive at HatBeyondGreater next turn.

His Scout M1a arrives at Crowbar and starts towards ChooseSoldierNobody. It will arrive in 2 turns.

(I wrote the position of one of your scouts as ChooseSoldierNobody, when it was actually in HatBeyondGreater. Fixed that)

The Scout stationed at HatBeyondGreater notices nothing special.

A scientist proposes a new sort of missile, one that would be more effective in space. It is, essentially, a heavy core with an oversize ion drive attached to it. After launch, it would enter FTL and then exit it a millimeter away from the target, slamming into it with the kinetic energy of an object at lightspeed. This weapon is launched like a missile but deals damage like a Kinetic weapon. It is incredibly difficult to test such a weapon, so the proposed budget is likewise high.

Work to decipher the alien transmissions can be commenced at the price of 40 credits for 4 turns.

An improved kinetic weapon, the coilgun, can be researched.

What to do with the disabled alien ship?

(red is alien presence, blue alien traces)
Explored
Star System Sol
    Earth -- 60 resources per turn -- all factions
   Asteroids -- 5 resources per turn -- Zhakarov
   Jupiter -- 5 resources per turn -- Pelsk
   (one burning Alien Ship)
Star System ShortLastHigher (discovered by multiple factions): One sun
    Prime
    (one Amelia M1a wreckage)
Star System Crowbar (Discovered by Zakharov of ESFed): Two suns
    (no planets)
Star System Pelsk Alpha (discovered by Pelsk of Cruarea): One sun
    Alpha
    Beta
    (one Pelsk M1a wreckage)
    (an Amelia Erinyes wreck)
Star System Pelsk Bravo (discovered by Pelsk of Cruarea): Two suns
    Vili -- U.Colony Level One, Pelsk
Star System Pelsk Charlie (discovered by Pelsk of Cruarea): Two suns
    Ve
Star System Pelsk Delta (discovered by Pelsk of Cruarea): No sun
   asteroids
   (one Pelsk M1a wreckage)
Star System HatBeyondGreater (discovered by Zhakarov and Fletcher): 1 sun
   Prime
   Beta
Potential systems
Star System PartFutureSon
Star System ChooseSoldierNobody

Researching technologies (also in second post)

New possible research
Alien Transmissions40 credits * 4 turns
Coilgun (kinetic II)60 credits * 4 turns
Kinetic Missiles100 credits * 4 turns
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:44:16 pm by Skyrunner »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2014, 08:35:58 am »

Amelia Tenrin

@_@
"...Warning to all, the alien scouts are armed with missiles. From footage recorded, they seem to resemble what our physicists would relate to as antimatter. Until further research is found on their armaments, do not engage--move to evade and keep on scouting."
((I thought I had armed my Erinyes with only missiles? o_O))

Amelia broadcasted her research to Pelsk (which was then broadcasted to everyone else), appended with a message.
Amelia's Impasser attempts to continue transmission. The unintelligible signal continues, but at least it is being recorded by Mission Control. A new research path has been unlocked.
'I told you so.'

"Pelsk, I propose a thorough examination of the crew without breaching the hull and ensuring they may survive in our atmospheric conditions--in a sterile zone. The ship may be dealt with in whichever way possible: examine before reverse engineering or taking samples."

> I think you forgot to rename the planet in Pelsk Charlie to "Ve", and add an Erinyes wreck to Pelsk Alpha.

> Research Alien Transmissions.

> Scan the Skies from Pelsk Alpha.

Edit:
> Buy 1 Production Capacity
> Buy 1 Control Capacity
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:31:19 pm by Tiruin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Looking for 4 faction leaders
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2014, 09:16:10 am »

Provost Zhakarov - Euroslavic Federation

Research/Production
    - Kinetic Missiles   50 * 4
    - Alien Transmissions 20 * 4
    - Enhanced unmanned mining 15*2

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2014, 11:04:00 am »

My credit amount is off... I should have many more... also, Ve is in Charlie, not Bravo.

"More like I was right, Amelia. We now have a half functioning alien gunship at our disposal, plus some live aliens to go with it. I've just singlehandedly propelled us decades into the future. Which means, of course, one thing...

"I get to name the aliens."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22