Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire  (Read 22180 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The United Earth Expeditionary Fleet -- Alien Fire
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2014, 11:08:40 am »

"How much are these administrative fees? How much would it cost for Ion Drives II?"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2014, 11:19:12 am »

Administrative fees vary based on the workload of our Research divisions, but in the current situation, are equal to 33% of the required research budget. So, for Ion Drives II research, cost would come to a total of 22 credits (All fees included).

Query: Can players Search the Skies in areas occupied by scout ships of other players?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:21:56 am by 10ebbor10 »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2014, 11:22:03 am »

I'll go with yes--you pay the money, though.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2014, 11:24:37 am »

"Alright. I can handle that, then.

"By the way, we have a few pieces of the alien clawship that might also be relevant to research. Perhaps those can be useful in some way?"

Build Scout M2b.
Build Hercules.
Build Hercules.
Send Impasser to CastStepGrow. Rename to Pelsk Foxtrot.
Return Squadron Alpha to Sol for refueling and re-equipping.
Pay Zhakarov 22 credits for Ion Drives II.
Split Freyr and Freyja with Amelia.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:40:32 pm by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2014, 02:47:17 pm »

Amelia Tenrin
((TWO ALIEN SCOUTS !?
>_> what even happened to initiative of the attacker. ugh.))

[Skyrunner: I think you forgot about my Colonizers heading to Pelsk Echo?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I believe if everyone researches Ion Drives, we can get a breakthrough by the end of this month. As an aside--the aliens we've been facing are coordinated. They fired missiles first."

> Rename ShortLastHigher to ""
> Scan the skies of ShortLastHigher
> Rename the only planet of ShortLastHigher to "Memoria"; split income with Pelsk.
> Build Hercules; send to ShortLastHigher
> Arm Impasser with updated weaponry, send to ShortLastHigher
> [TBE]

"How's PelskAlpha going with the colonization efforts, Pelsk?"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »

"How's PelskAlpha going with the colonization efforts, Pelsk?"
"Finished completely. I plan to renovate a few of these star systems, though. Far too much recyclable material just lying about. That should let us retrieve a few credits from the wreckages."

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure the defenders always fired first Tiruin. Anyways, I'm going to commission Improved Point Defense research 10ebbor10 (assuming that that also costs 22 credits, if not I'll amend my orders).
Orders:
Pay Zhakarov 22 credits for Improved Point Defense research
Research Ion Drives II (-30 credits)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2014, 05:05:49 pm »

Alright.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2014, 05:51:07 pm »

Actually, one of my scouts was 1 turn away from Sol during this turn. Can I upgrade my scouts to the 150% HP version of the Scout M2 and if so how much would it cost?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2014, 06:48:30 am »

Note: A colon beside the star system name on the graph means a scan hasn't been conducted there yet.
Note 2: I'm fairly sick today, so there may be more errors than normal (haha as if that could be possible).

Year 5, Q1~2

At the halfway point to the decade performance evaluation, where an underperforming faction may be relieved of duty stands the four elected factions...

Pelsk of Cruaraea
A Scout M2b is constructed for 20 credits. Two Hercules are also constructed for a sum of 100 credits.

The Impasser reaches Pelsk Foxtrot. The system has one habitable planet. The system is dotted with many alien exhaust trails. In fact, there are a lot of them in orbit, much, much larger than the scouts and shuttles Pelsk has seen thusfar. Also, they happen to be in combat against another set of aliens.

There is what looks to be an alien carrier ship of sorts, launching and retrieving Alien Interceptors and Clawships. Surrounding it is a screen of four or five corvette-analogs and a larger version of the Clawship. The carrier is a work of art, with complex arcs and curves wrought of shiny metal, with nary a straight line in sight. It is shaped oblongly and for some reason lighted along its entire hull. Hanging in the back of the fight is a curious ship with a large crystal taking up most of its bulk.

The enemy the Kaa are fighting against have more relatable ships, to humans. They are made from a dark, matte metal and generally shaped like flying anvils. Two destroyer-analogs are screened by ten frigates and perhaps fifty corvettes, though most of them are more flying wrecks than ships. Many tinier ships are flitting around between them and the Kaa. As the Impasser watches, a tiny ship flies straight at a Kaa corvette and slams against its shields, causing bright blue fire to erupt.

It seems that while the Kaa prefer beam weapons, this yet-unnamed alien race uses kinetics along with suicide bombers.

The little Impasser hasn't been noticed yet in the heat of battle...

Squad Alpha is returned to Earth orbit and equipped with better armor. Ship #5 is repaired for 2 credits.

22 credits are used for Ion Drive research via Zhakarov.

Freyr and Freyja's income is split with Amelia.

With 130 income, Pelsk's net loss this turn is 12 credits.

The clawship's engine fragment is applied to Improved Ion Drive research, having the effect of 2 turns of research.

Zhakarov of the Euroslavic Federation

Zhakarov gains 7 credits for both techs that have been requested by other factions. +2 to patent income.

Improved Point Defense is now available. The Scout M2b, Rukh 2, and Pinion Orbital Defense Platform benefit from it, granting extra point defense. The Superlaser invented earlier has been split up into four lasers of smaller output along with a better sensor suite to prematurely detonate missiles before they arrive within killing range.

The scout at Olympus is sent towards Crowbar.

The existing Colonizer is upgraded to a Beta version for 50 credits and blasted towards Vanguard. With its incredible speed, it passes Crowbar and is nearly there to vanguard, arriving early next turn.

With 106 income, Zhakarov has a net gain of 54 credits this turn.

Statement: Scanning Vanguard and exploring that hyperspace route would do wonders to right the perceived income unbalance. With no risk comes little gain so they say.

Amelia of Kasselyn

The two Colonizers actually arrived last turn! Retroactively adding 30 credits to balance.

This turn, however, the colony on Beta suddenly stops working. There is no signal coming, either, so no way to figure out what happened to it.

ShortLastHigher is renamed Cognitari. Twenty credits are spent in scanning the system, revealing two possible systems to go to--TaughtFamilyEquator and CostAttentionPlay, at a distance of 0.13 and 1.04 units each.

The Impasser is armed and sent to Cognitari.

A Hercules is produced for 50 credits and sent to Cognitari.

(via IRC) Two more Erinyes are produced for 80 credits and moved to Cognitari.

With 154 income, Amelia's net gain this turn is 4 credits.

Fletcher of Titanian Republic pays 22 credits for Improved Point Defense and 30 credits to finish Ion Drives II.

With better ion drives, the Emer and Turul are now available for construction! The aliens' Blueshift Engines are now in human hands to use.

The Turul can equip a Kinetic Missile once it is researched.

A Scout M1a arrives at Earth and is upgraded with the Superlaser.
The other Scout M1a is in transit to Sol and will arrive in 2 turns.
The Colonizer Alpha arrives at Olympus and colonizes Beta.
The Erinyes arrives at Olympus.

With 90 income and 52 expenditure, Fletcher has a net gain of 38 credits this turn.

New ships

Spoiler: Star systems (click to show/hide)

Researching technologies (also in second post)
Kinetic Missiles2 turns
Improved Ion Drives II1 turn
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:18:24 am by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2014, 07:03:18 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Upgrade the Scout M1 at Sol to a Scout M2b with 150% HP if possible, then send it to Olympus.
Upgrade control capacity.
Pay Zhakarov 30 credits for Superconductor research.
Build a Scout M2b (150% HP) then send it to Olympus as well.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:23:34 am by RulerOfNothing »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2014, 12:53:15 pm »

Statement: The Euroslavic Federation is always willing to consider doing research under commission of other parties. Adminstrative fees apply. All research property of the Euroslavic federation.

Statement

Production:
 - Production of an additional Colonizer Beta
 - Improved Shields
 - Superconductors

Movement:
 - Scout located at Crowbar will move towards Earth, where it will be updated with the newest weaponry
 - Our newly build Colonizer will immediatly set course for the Vanguard system
 - Our Rukh Fighter will set course for the Vanguard system
 - Scanning operation in the Vanguard System

Spoiler: Budget (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:50:21 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2014, 04:59:55 pm »

Grr I'm last in turn structure now :<

Amelia Tenrin
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

> Construct 1 Turul; send to Pelsk Delta on a raid/recon. [Possible to equip it with Missiles instead of the Pinion Superlaser? If so, please do]
> Send all gunship/Erinyes on a sortie to TaughtFamilyEquator. If found any Alien Scouts just like the last one we've seen--shoot to kill first; display message of 'Your people have killed unwarranted our explorers.'
> Hercules...cleans up. Does it do this upon arriving at a system or...not? And how many does it clean up per turn?
> Construct 1 Colonizer A. Presumably send to Pelsk Delta (if Turul clears the system).

> Split income with Pelsk Echo Alpha with Webadict (not naming them as of yet).
> Is there anyway a system scan [ie scan the skies = scan the [distantplanet]?] can penetrate a planet's...special nature? Or do i have to send a scout? I think its a 'send the scout' thing ._.

> Send Impasser back to Sol; try to upgrade it into a Scout M2 [or the fastest scout available--this costs only 5 credits, yes?).
If not possible, send
along with Erinyes raid to CostAttentionPlay.

!!!
Skyrunner
> Edit the system spoiler :P That's as far as I see the only errors present.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:54:12 pm by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2014, 05:47:04 pm »

Impassers are not scouts, they're fighters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »

Impassers are not scouts, they're fighters.
darnit :<
Also get well soon!
(hmm, so I really must send a scout -.- ...Is it possible to create a Reconnaissance ship in the future? C-class and above perhaps? A Scout Frigate? o_O
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22