Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Super Hero Game Thing (IC)  (Read 3581 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Super Hero Game Thing (IC)
« on: October 18, 2014, 03:15:30 pm »

Link to OOC

Another beautiful day in slums of Scaggsville. Won't you agree? Of course not. You live there. It sucks massive balls. You carry a knife everywhere just to be able to have a chance if a gun fight breaks out. Well, you did. Now... oh man, there's little that can stop you. Like that Aidan fellow. Or Cortex. Sergant Armstrong isn't anything to sneeze at either... Okay, so there's quite a few things that can stop you. Best not to think about it to hard. It's not like you'll meet them today right? Heh...

Spoiler: Ryan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero Game Thing (IC)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 03:25:52 pm »

Ryan sighs, life sucks. He climbs up the McDonalds, not caring if anyone sees him, and shifts into Owl form. Making a owl hoot when the people who saw him climb up the Mcdonalds. Ryan flys around, looking for robber and criminals to Steal from send to jail.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 03:32:41 pm »

Stupid Irish prick robbing me of my beauty sleep... Erin thinks. But HE is good looking. Still a prick, though.

She continues wolfing down the breakfast of champions. If champions ate whole a lot of wheat flakes. She taps her coffee mug a few times afterwards to warm it up.

She surfs through her laptop, looking for trouble spots. Finds a video.

"#OWLMAN ON TOP OF MICKY'DS"

~He's a cute owl. :3
~Keep calm and HOOT HOOT
~We need to call exterminator-man!
~KEEP HIM AWAY FROM THE BURGERS
~What's he going to do to the bad guys, PECK THEM TO DEATH?!*

Sighs.

Another day in the office. She continues her search. At least until the cobwebs go away.

Action: Search news and internet sources for possible crime tips, while chowing down power breakfast.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 03:38:30 pm »

Gary stares at the robot butler, and slowly begins to shake his head.

What.

Eventually, Gary shakes his head out, and walks out into a nearby alleyway. Looking around to make sure no one is around, he begins to collect all sorts of seemingly random items. Slowly, he brings all this junk inside, to his workbench, and begins to tally his haul.

Actions: Gather useful junk from nearby alleyways. Catalog useful junk, try to make a design for a simple, combat robot.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 04:07:03 pm »

Alexander checks his coat for any money he may have in them. Then, depending on whether he does have money or not, he either A. Heads off to town or B. walks back inside the spaceship, searching for money and generally checking it out.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »

Ryan

You fly off to the jeers of the crowd. Really, did you think that was a good idea. Pretty much everyone will know you have a kind of lame super power now. I mean, what would an owl do? Throw up on criminals? Anyways, you don't let that stop you. Nope. You keep going. You fly about for a while. About an hour by your reckoning before you notice something of interest. There's some of Cortex's robots probably out on an extortion run. Or they're going to protect some of their master's assets... Hm, follow them and see or just beat them up?

Erin

You eat and drink and surf the web. You read the normal rumors, the occasional report about a pirate ship sighted at the port, see a fan club for some guy named called Dr. Horrible, (Sounds pretty lame but some searching reveals he's in Bad Norse's inner circle) and some stuff about gangs. Not a whole lot to work with. Then you check your emails and notice one from some unknown address. As you read it you notice that it's from Cortex. He's challenging you to a fight in the old junk yard. Looks promising. Especially the part where he mentions that if you somehow manage to best him there's a few thousand dollars there. Well, no one will notice if you take a couple hundred... And something about how the email looks bothers you. Like something is niggling in the back of your head. You hate it when things niggle at your mind.

Gary

You go into the alley and look for spare electronics. You find a few broken TVs, a remote, an old Nokia phone, and a calculator. Not enough to make an entire robots but... that butler you made was originally made for that kind of thing. You could use these to out fit him for the job or you could go out and find some more bits of tech, maybe rob an electronics store? Or you could make a weapon for yourself and cause some trouble in town. That's a sure way to get some stuff. Or maybe you have a better idea than any of the above.

Alex

You do have some cash and thus head to town. You're so glad you invested in a car earlier that week. As you drive along you notice an almost naked woman on the road. She's wearing what's virtually rags and has a collar on. Definitely a high tech piece. Makes a few alarm bells go off in your head. But the woman is most definitely not a threat.  Maybe you should see if she need a ride? Unless your to cool for that. Or to much of an evil prick. But still, she might end up being an asset. Somehow.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 04:53:00 pm »

Swoop down and transform to human. Say my catchphrase (Wu-bu-la-dub-dub) and slice the robots with y, see what they got on them. If Ryan kills the robots, carve (X) on the robots.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:55:43 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 05:09:04 pm »

Gary looks at the pile of junk, then at the robot, then back at the junk. After a few moments reorganizing the parts, his hands start flying, and, within a few minutes, he backs away from the workbench, staring at his finished work. It's basically a very fancy crossbow. Then, after tinkering with the robot butler for a while, and making sure he could carry the loot, he sends him off towards the electronics store. After the robot leaves, he heads over to the junkyard, looking for some more base materials, such as sheet metal.

Actions: Make a crossbow for the robot and have him raid the electronics store. Go to the junkyard and look for materials.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »

Bump

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 09:03:07 pm »

((I'm waiting for everyone else. This will be less of a problem if you guys get into groups since then you can talk and stuff. Think of it as waiting for the next edition.  :P))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 12:55:28 am »

Alexander stops his car, and calls out to the woman.
Oi! What happened to you? You need a ride to somewhere?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:17:45 am »

((Please post everyone))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 11:48:00 am »

A duel with Cortex? Totally not a trap, sure...

Action: Examine the email a little closer...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 12:16:31 pm »

Ryan

You swoop down on the unsuspecting robots transforming mid-air. You have enough time to notice that those are in fact guns they're holding and spend the last second wondering if this was really a good idea. You still land on one, one foot on the head and one on it's pelvis, and surf it through the rest of the group remembering to slash at a few. You slice two of them in half and inflict 6 damage on the last one. The one you rode in on is most definently broken due to the hundred something pounds of hero that just landed on it. There are three robots left and they're all pointing guns at you. No problem.

Erin

Erin spends a little while longer looking over the email. Doesn't seem to be a trap at least. But there's still this feeling that you know something more about this. Hm... Well, Cortex has never been a big problem for heroes to deal with. Not that anyone has actually fought him. Only his robots. So that should give you some idea of what you'll be fighting. Anyways, this is a pretty normal thing with villains. It's normally only between villains but still.

Gary

The robot nods having been equipped with the crossbow. It leaves at the same time you do. You walk down to the dump. It's a little ways off but the exercise is good for you. You see some robots casually walking along with some bags of cash but they're to well armed for you. When you finally get to the dump you're able to just walk right in. Odd, there's normally guards and stuff running a toll booth. Whatever. You make your way to the scrap area and finally realize why there were no guards. A group of Cortex's robots and standing around apparently waiting for something. You can probably walk right by them though.

Alex

The girl jumps a little before walking over to your car, she's visibly shaking. On closer inspection you notice that she's wearing a power inhibitor. You also notice that she's well muscled, has green hair and the dirt is only slight as she is covered in tattoos of what looks like Japanese and Eastern style dragons in a multitude of colors. She looks you over before mumbling, "The Shankhill butchers... killed my family. They were going to kill me but they decided to sell me... I barely got away." She looks about to cry before finishing. "Could you... drive me to the city."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »

Action: Sneak by the robots, gather supplies, leave.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3