Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Commissar of armaments (weapon design game)  (Read 7213 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Commissar of armaments (weapon design game)
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2014, 07:52:29 am »

Update is updated but isn't finished. Random events are ahead

Before doing the last part I want to ask you guys, what do you want to see from the game? Are there anything you like\dislike in system like that? What do you want me focus on? Internal politics? Detailed specs of new weapons? Grand battles? Following performance of all active designs? Detailed tracking of production and resource spending? Something else?.  I can't do everything, something will be abstracted. Something will be very abstracted
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2014, 12:36:35 pm »

I'd personally like to see something of what our weapons are being used for and how well they do. Having an enemy or threat to adapt to will keep it interesting, IMO. The inter agency stuff isn't something we've really seen in other similar games either, and I think that could end up being an interesting mechanic.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2015, 04:16:11 am »

This one was rather nice. I really need to make a suggestion game that will last few dozens of turns...

My life stabilized I have some free time and consider to either continue this one or restart using similar rules. Is anyone interested?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2015, 03:21:33 pm »

*raises hand*

Me! Me!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2015, 03:30:41 pm »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2015, 07:25:09 pm »

Rolls on the floor.

"Me want new toys!"

I haz no No Names

• Bay Watcher
  • *Former*BS12 Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2015, 01:41:42 am »

This one was rather nice. I really need to make a suggestion game that will last few dozens of turns...

My life stabilized I have some free time and consider to either continue this one or restart using similar rules. Is anyone interested?

I'd be interested on joining a modern day one :D
沉舟侧畔千帆过,病树前头万木春。
-A sunken ship has had over a thousand (many) sails go past it, a sick (dead) tree has thousands of trees blossoming in front of it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2015, 04:42:50 am »

Interest is there. Good.

I am leaning towards starting right from a civil war this time. You will generate armaments of the nation in roughly the same way as here and then rolls will decide who will get what

I haz no No Names

• Bay Watcher
  • *Former*BS12 Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2015, 04:45:39 am »

Interest is there. Good.

I am leaning towards starting right from a civil war this time. You will generate armaments of the nation in roughly the same way as here and then rolls will decide who will get what

Damnit! THAT WAS WHAT I WAS WORKING ON IN THE MODERN WORLD SCENARIO....

(Aside from actual combat and commanders on their respective sides. :D)
沉舟侧畔千帆过,病树前头万木春。
-A sunken ship has had over a thousand (many) sails go past it, a sick (dead) tree has thousands of trees blossoming in front of it.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2015, 03:22:12 pm »

A modern day one? a civil war? Yes yes yes
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2015, 07:31:59 pm »

thislooks fun

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2015, 08:44:36 am »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]