Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Commissar of armaments (weapon design game)  (Read 7224 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Commissar of armaments (weapon design game)
« on: October 18, 2014, 06:57:02 am »

Victory! We overthrew the bourgeoisie and from now on workers will rule in our glorious country named *Player input wanted*

Of cause the victory is not total. The worldwide revolution awaits! We will share our freedom with all workers of the world. To achieve it we need weapons. New modern weapons. Now our talented engineers are free from capitalist oppression and come under your command, Commissar of armaments.

And you first task is to provide report on our current assets. What kind of weapons our young nation have?

Spoiler: first turn details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:50:31 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Commissar of armaments (weapon design game)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 04:23:19 pm »

Ok i've tally up the cost of a few guns, any one go any more ideas?

pistol :Mauser C96 1896 2 civilian imported
Rifle: Mondragón rifle 1908 4 imported
MG: Colt-Browning M1895 2  imported
Heavy machine gun: 1-inch Nordenfelt gun Pre-1890 weapon 1  imported
Naval guns: QF 6 pounder Nordenfelt 1885 1 imported
QF 1-pounder pom-pom     1890s 2  imported
37 mm trench gun M1915 8
RML 12 inch 25 ton gun Pre-1890 weapon 1
BL 13.5 inch naval gun Mk IPre-1890 weapon 1
Tally  2+ 4+ 2+ 1+ 1+ 2 + 8 + 1 +1 = 22

Edit forgot to add links.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:40:28 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »

It is 0.5+2+1+1+0.5+0.5+1+8+1+1=16.5 here.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:13:14 pm »

bourgeois nonsense!

pistol :Mauser C96 1896 imported 1 point (the revolution has no time for reloading)
Rifle: Fedorov assault rifle 1915 8 points (revolutionary local deign)
MG: Maxim gun1884 1 point (whatever happens we have got this)
Naval gun: Obukhovskii 1907 1907 4 points (with it we dread nothing)
Infantry Gun:Skoda Gebirgskanone M. 15 1915  imported 4 points (Czech, please.)
Air Support: cancelled, due to math.
Fighter Plane: Sopwith Snipe 1918 imported 4 points (faster than a very slow speeding bullet)
Militia rifle: Mosin-Nagant 1891 1891, 2 points (it's not outdated, it's a time-proven!)
Grenade: Sticks of dynamite (ok, so this one is hard for points, since, although dynamite is a civilian invention from the 1860s (so 0.5 points), and hand thrown explosives have been around since the renaissance, ad-hoc  grenades weren't made until WWI, when they gained a fragmentation component. I'm going to say it costs 1 point, because that's how many I have left.) 19 century, 1 point.
Tally  1+ 8+ 1+ 4+ 4+ 4+ 2+ 1 = 25
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 05:21:51 am »

Do you make non-Russian stuff imported? That is wrong. You can make any weapon local or imported. Imported means that your army will get the weapon, but no ability to produce it

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 08:58:59 am »

Do you make non-Russian stuff imported? That is wrong. You can make any weapon local or imported. Imported means that your army will get the weapon, but no ability to produce it
I guess he wanted to make everything non-russian imported.

Given these kind of games tend to gain a lot of Soviet/Russia flavour these propositions are just inevitable.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 09:48:59 am »

Yet, problem of unspent points remains.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 10:33:30 am »

Whoop!  We have tanks! 

Vickers 6-Ton Tank 1928 - 16 points.  Domestic? ???

Most obscure tank ever, but it was made in 1928.  In theory, we could strip off the MGs, and mount something else.  Hey, at least we have a tank.  Sadly the T-26 based on the 6 ton tank was created in 1931.  Well, we'll make our own T-26 based on the 6 Ton Tank. 

leaves us with .5 points.  Uh.  What do we spend .5 points on? 

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:16 am »

Molotovs. It is the perfect blend of fire and Vodka, Perfect for our comrade troopers.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 11:26:34 am »

Molotovs. It is the perfect blend of fire and Vodka, Perfect for our comrade troopers.
+1 yes petrol bombs are answer (Ignores that there first real use wasn't until 1936 and thay got the name of Molotovs cocktails later in 39.)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 11:38:52 am »

Hm. Any actual list?

Hint: Think why I included civilian stuff

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:46:01 am »

Oh, I know why you included civilian stuff, but everyone else blew their points on guns.  I wanted at least one tank, so... 

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 11:49:53 am »

There are no "their points" :)

I am waiting for a consensus plan. Do not expect that I will combine different lists to make the plan

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 02:35:19 pm »

Well, no. Maxim gun is technically British (it is however an icon of the revolution :P).

I am waiting for a consensus plan. Do not expect that I will combine different lists to make the plan
Being unhelpful will solve nothing. ::)

Ok. I'm willing to trow out some of the more expensive items (and replace them with Funk's stuff) if he supports the combined list. (also there will be a tracked vehicle for tank design):
pistol :Mauser C96 1896 imported 1 point
Rifle: Mondragón rifle 1908 4 points
MG: Maxim gun1884 1 point
Naval gun: Obukhovskii 1907 1907 4 points
Infantry Gun:Skoda Gebirgskanone M. 15 1915  imported 4 points
Air Support: cancelled, due to math.
Fighter Plane: Sopwith Snipe 1918 imported 4 points
Militia rifle: Mosin-Nagant 1891 1891, 2 points (it's not outdated, it's a time-proven!)
Grenade: Sticks of dynamite ~19 century, 1 point.
Additional Artilery systems:RML 12 inch 25 ton gun Pre-1890 weapon 1
and BL 13.5 inch naval gun Mk IPre-1890 weapon 1
Nifty tech: Catepilar Tractor 1907, civilian 2 points (self-propelled and tracked. stick a gun on this thing and you've got yourself a serviceable tank)
Tally  1+ 4+ 1+ 4+ 4+ 4+ 2+ 1 +2+1 +1 = 25
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 03:46:45 pm »

I think thats the best list so far.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6