Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 448105 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1965 on: January 15, 2016, 06:46:36 pm »

It crashed when I tried to search the units list with DFhack and someone fucked it up with a tileset. Should I just go back to Drazoth's save?

Go for it, I literally just stopped caring. This game hates me.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 15, 2016, 07:24:25 pm »

Okay, it's up and running. I've redwarfed myself as our armorer, who I am also training up as a weaponsmith.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 16, 2016, 10:50:27 am »

THE QUEEN IS HERE WHERE ARE HER ROOMS

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 16, 2016, 01:50:42 pm »

I thought Mate888 took care of that....
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 16, 2016, 02:21:00 pm »

You guys and this fort are awesome... if only I thought I'd have free time to take a turn.

Since I don't want to just PTW, I'd like to be dorfed.

Name: Bacos
Profession: Any unclaimed noble/administrator

If there aren't any nobles, then any random peon will do.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 17, 2016, 09:51:31 am »

Okay, I've kicked Pencil Art and some other folks out of their rooms to give the queen and outpost liaison what they want. Bacos, you're the outpost liaison.

I won't be writing in very much detail about things, but things will get done. Speaking of which, does anything need doing?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 17, 2016, 11:52:08 am »

Okay. I've decided what my big project this turn is going to be. I'm going to begin preparing to conquer hell.

What should we use to kill the demons? Repeating spikes? Dwarven checkerboard? It sure as hell isn't going to be military might, that's always a recipe for disaster.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1972 on: January 17, 2016, 01:20:28 pm »

Can demons swim? Flush them down a giant toilet, water falling 100 z levels is quite deadly.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 17, 2016, 01:34:19 pm »

Yes, and not only that they can fly, so that won't work.

On another note, this place never ceases to amaze me. Why do we have butlers? Why are the butlers in a squad? Why is the route from the top of the fort to the bottom so complicated? Why do we have so many barrels of milk? Does the Order of the Ale even have a point? Has anyone else noticed that Frankensteen has been here 18 years? Why do we have so much silk cloth? Who was even the last person to build bedrooms?

And one last thing:

WHO DUG OUT THIS STOCKPILE HERE!?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 17, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »

WHAT. THE. FUCKING. FUCK. HAVE I JUST STUMBLED UPON.

Seriously, though, this is the most rediculous fort I've ever heard of, and I LOVE IT.

ON a side note, dorf me as...anyone suspicious, and generally creepy. Preferably seal me off in a room somewhere with nothing but a farm, a still, a kitchen, and the worlds smallest dining room. Cause ya' know...HERMITS!

And I would take a turn to do this, but I've already signed up for liek 4 succession games I don't have enough time for as is.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 17, 2016, 01:48:49 pm »

Sure, but I'm not sticking you in a bunker. You can die with the rest of us when the fort gets nearly wiped out again.

Does anyone know where we can mine out more hematite? I know we have it on the map and I need steel.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1976 on: January 17, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »

that mighht have been my fault. I'm sure nothing bad happened from it..... did it?

anyway, build floor grates over the demons. floor grates cant be destroyed from below. then dump water in them. from 200 z levels.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 17, 2016, 02:07:30 pm »

That still won't work. I think I'm going to go with the Dwarven Checkerboard method, I've always wanted to try it. Mining will start immediately.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 17, 2016, 03:48:02 pm »

[OOC] Checkerboard is best option for a fort such as Doomforests. With all the sect leaders and power mad dieties we could organise checker tournaments... [/OOC]

Journal of Dark Two

The fortress is moving on, but who is the current overseer? Looking at the list in bloodthorn signup cabin, it's Flame now. But what happened during Don Pedro's rule? I asked around Order, or random dwarves passing by, and everyone was surprised that he was ruling the fortress in the first place! That's really interesting. RegenReich must've used some kind of foul magic to hide their work from us. It's a strong illusion, and I feel that there's something not right in energies around Doomforests. I could talk about that with someone who has more knowledge about such magic. Don Pedro obviously won't tell me anything about that. Drazoth the Third, or Chief Inquisitor should know something about it - the former won't give me a clear answer, and latter would blame heretics... I think that best solution is to patrol the fortress while using my magic detection skills. Perhaps I'll be able to detect illusion aswell. I should also warn others about that.

But before that, there are some matters to attend to. I've heard rumors that we have an overabundance of milk, and that nobles have got their rooms ready, and a new dwarf named Bacos became our outpost liason. But most interesting, some say that overseer is going to conquer Hell. If something goes wrong, the Order should try it's best to stop demons and other monstrosities.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1979 on: January 17, 2016, 03:50:24 pm »

That still won't work.

Explain. I just want to use the flusher concept, as shown on the wiki. Use fortifications and a very tall reservoir of water. LOTS of pressure
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 144