Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 440153 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1020 on: June 01, 2015, 02:42:15 pm »

can i have a go?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 01, 2015, 05:30:11 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer
                    Entry Eight:   
Well. Security seems tight, but first a crazy overseer, and now a shambling Kobold long dead walking right through our pens and training quarters and into my counsel meeting with the scholars. Scared the living crap out of Zurek. Well then the aberration said something about being abandoned! Is Dark One, that eternal thorn in my side, finally dead? Oh why would that stop him! That thing brought a horrible stench too! Well anyway, I have arranged the four acolyte handlers with fourteen Alpha Crundles in our attack force. We will strike -wait! The pressure plates on mine shaft theta are activated?! Sound the alarm! Everyone back to your assigned pens and living quarters. This is not a drill! Send down the strike team and I want backup squads in the counsel room! Form on me, whoever this is, otherworldly dead or zealots. We will not yield! These are our caverns and this is our base, the Mechatechno sect will prevail! Oh lord here they come, the inquisition will fall today!

So sorry about the absents, SOLS just ended! Aaaaand now math finals. Well in a week or so. Anyway, so do you want to pm through the fight Mate? :D well, the RP is looking awesome!  ;D :P
-Okay, Likot, they didn't seem to have found us yet. If we can keep sneaking around and--
A bell starts ringing from the corridor. Kulet looks at her feet and sees herself standing on a pressure pad.
-Shit.
-We have to pull back!-Talin cries-Before it's too late!
As he says that, a abnormally large crundel jumps at him from the dark and bites his legs.
Likot reacts quick and stabs the crundle in the head with a shortsword, ending it.
-There are dwarves coming!
A dwarf and a crundle come running in, the Chief Inquisitor's Emergency Heir runs in and stabs the huge crundle in the eye and twisting his spear around, killing it.
The crundle farmer attacks the Heir, but Kulet punches him in the head, knocking him out.
-There are more coming, retreat!
The inquisitors run back where they came from. They weren't able to kill a significant number of crundles, and the crundlers would probably strike back. But atleast they killed two big crundles. They wouldn't have any more of those... Right? Right?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 01, 2015, 06:44:33 pm »

can i have a go?
added! At the current rate (hehe it's more like the rate it's always been) don't expect to play for a month or two.

And Psycho, if you aren't able to smelt garnierite or whatever despite the stocks screen telling you that it exists, I remember doing a bunch of mass forbidding of ore during my ill-fated plan to move to the new fortress. Perhaps the ore you see isn't available to the dwarves, sitting in some forgotten storeroom.

The fact Doomforests has sprawled enough to generate abandoned storerooms is impressive!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 01, 2015, 08:36:55 pm »

I was actually trying to smelt the gold THAT WE JUST MINED. It was still sitting on the ground in the cave when I gave the order, and no one was hauling it.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 02, 2015, 12:25:32 am »

I was actually trying to smelt the gold THAT WE JUST MINED. It was still sitting on the ground in the cave when I gave the order, and no one was hauling it.

Hah, you made the fatal mistake of expecting anything from those dwarves. Sort of like the fleeting bond formed between two regulars at a coffee shop, once you begin to form expectations you have to be prepared to have them dashed against the rocks (or boulders of gold I suppose). Just like that person you chatted with a few times might never appear again, your dwarves might behave in a hilariously unresponsive matter for no obvious reason. Such is life amongst these forests of Doom.

What's the job list look like? perhaps the dwarves are busy elsewhere.

(also I meant to say this on my last post but keep up the good progress! I like your format, so don't feel pressure to perform. If playing the game becomes more work than fun feel free to pass off the save. I know how tedious old forts can get, especially those with a certain, sprawling character. Not at all my fault or related to previous turns of mine, should you disagree feel free to contact my lawyer. . . :P)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 02, 2015, 12:36:51 pm »

Well, there are usually 20-30 idlers who COULD be hauling, but of course, aren't. And the gold that WAS hauled to the stocks apparently was never found by the forge dwarves. Perhaps it was put in a forbidden container. I'll check around next time I play.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 02, 2015, 01:06:43 pm »

Maybe there's a problem with accessing building? Like stockpile linked to a smelter, and dwarves have no access to it. The forbidden container is also a possibility. Otherwise... the curse of Doomforests reached your forges!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 02, 2015, 03:35:05 pm »

Yeah if the dwarves dont haul at all, check if the stockpiles are alright. Maybe just delete one stockpile for say, stone, and remake it fresh, to see if it clears any accidental links or designation.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 03, 2015, 01:52:06 pm »

Journal of Shorast Strangerways the Craterous Comet of Fields

The journey is over, and despite many dangers I've finally reached Doomforests. Rumors of this place spread by travelling merchants told about unthinkable riches, but when I reached the entrance I saw only piles of bodies. What's going on in this place? Is that fiend Dark One responsible for all those deaths? I need to find out.

The smell of death gets stronger as Shorast delves deeper into the fortress. Wandering through some parts of it, the adventurer notices different architectural designs, and he clearly sees that some parts are less aged; as if the fortress was built from a few parts united into whole later. Suddenly a group of robed dwarves run towards him shouting:

- CRUNDLES!!!

Shorast quickly draws his silver battle axe and iron shield, and charges into battle shouting:

- I'll stop those beasts! Run for your life!

But the dwarves refuse to run away, they take their equipment and attack. The whole group quickly defeats crundles, but one of them spots another, bigger wave supported by cultists. Only thing they could do was run away and hide somewhere. Shorast and dwarves ran straight the corridor to an dead end, but one of the robed dwarves pushes secret pressure plate and a the wall reveals door leading into dark, long abandoned passage. Stench of decay got much stronger, but this was the only way to save their lives. The robed dwarf conceals the secret passage and leads the way.

After a while of moving through dark, webbed corridors the group enters a big, burnt chamber. Ash covers everything except a rectangle on the floor, suggesting that someone moved an object from this place after the fire set down. Then the dwarf speaks:

- We could take them on our own, but thanks for help human. Who are you, and what's your business in this cultist driven hole?

- I am Shorast Strangerway the Craterous Comet of Fields. This servant of Nifih greets you.

- SERVANT OF NIFIH!!! I WILL SHOW YOU WRATH OF ARMOK! YOUR END IS APPROACHING!!!

The robed dwarf charges with his fists, but is stopped by younger members of the group.

- KULET! LIKOT! GET OFF ME, OR I'LL FEED CRUNDLES WITH YOU!!!

They follow his orders. The he says:

- What do you want here!?

After a while of silence Shorast says:

- All those beasts and cultists have tainted the name of Nifih. My mission is to cleanse the world from beasts, and purge all the heretics, so the name of Nifih shall be glorified again!

- You are here to deal with the vampire! Good luck then. Overseer closed that bloodsucking bastard in walled off cell.

- Actually, I came to Doomforests with different mission, but I'll deal with this problem later. For months I've been tracking a fiend called Dark One. Do you know anything about that?

The dwarf gives Shorast annoyed look. He says:

- Just look around you idiot! We are in his old lair! Bastard moved somewhere later, and now is nowhere to be found. Probably sitting in the caverns. But you can't enter them until we'll deal with those damned cultists! This is my offer: kill them all, and then go for the Dark One.

After a while of consideration... and a bottle of dwarven ale given him by robed dwarves, Shorast agrees. Then they go to inquisitions headquarters.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 03, 2015, 02:31:32 pm »

Yay! Plotting!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 03, 2015, 02:59:45 pm »

You gotta appreciate how those seemingly impossible plots and hiding factions could technically all be doing what people are describing in their roleplay, because the fortress is just a creepy mess of abandonned semi-fortresses and long-forgotten tunnel complexes filled with beasts, artefact, discarded goods and corpses...

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 03, 2015, 08:28:26 pm »

You gotta appreciate how those seemingly impossible plots and hiding factions could technically all be doing what people are describing in their roleplay, because the fortress is just a creepy mess of abandonned semi-fortresses and long-forgotten tunnel complexes filled with beasts, artefact, discarded goods and corpses...
Haha, wow. I laughed so hard at that!  :D We have so many cults, bases, pits, shafts, and dead ends. How does anyone ever get out of - oh wait. No one does... :o   ;D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 05, 2015, 01:12:52 pm »

It's finally happened!!

You're a mean person, Mr. Stalin.

Also, if I can vote then I gotta vote for an oldie, and a... goodie(for certain values of 'goodie' I suppose):
Vanod +1
Doomforests +1
So, how can I vote for Doomforests?
+1 Doomforests.  Soap ex machina!
Soooo, Doomforests is still up for voting right? Because if so, +1 for Doomforests. The greatest beacon to cults, werebeasts, and (oh yes) SOAP the world over.  ;D
I'd like to +1 Doomforests. Honestly, Taupe's first turn alone is well worth the read.

Votes added!

Doomforests has been inducted into the Hall of Legends!

sorry for the inactivity lately.  Been busy.  I will post the journals of 1 and 2 at some point when i am less busy.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 05, 2015, 02:26:27 pm »

I apologize for my lack of hastening. I should be able to get good time in starting today.

...Maybe even... RIGHT NOW!

...Also, where do the ores go when hauled? I must know so I can see what the problem is in the forges.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:43:13 pm by PsychoAngel »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 05, 2015, 03:09:24 pm »

The [R] room command should have stockpiles listed if you don't know where they might be.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 144