Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Storm [Zombie Apocalypse]  (Read 1183 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
The Storm [Zombie Apocalypse]
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:37:58 pm »

The Storm is basically this:

It all started when the nukes were brought out. Half those  :) idiots just thought it might be a good idea. There was war going on. Russia, against Germany. Germany was against Japan. Japan was against Iraq. Iraq was against the US. The remaining countries were just caught in the crossfire. They started launching, not much could've been done but to get the citizens into the bomb shelters. Not all of them made it in time. I did. After a few years of living off of military rations, and living like a soldier, a few people noticed the land was habitable again. We started colonization. Sure, it was hard to restart, but we had to. For the sake of humanity.

Our second mistake? Trying to cure the disease. We didn't know what it was called, so we called it simply 'The Disease'. The disease was basically just someone's attempt on making the world a better place, and at the time, it could actually do good. If you're wondering what happened to it, radiation happened to it. We were all desperate for medicine but no one knew what it did, until a young boy - not sure of his name, but he stepped up and decided to test it out.

The effects were terrible. Almost everything we did to him was effortless. The only way we managed to get him off of us was by hitting him in the side of the head with a wrench, and start hitting him until he stops moving. The kid, though... probably around 13, or 14, I don't know. He started becoming cannibalistic. That kid, though, no one knew who he was. Literally, it was as if he just stepped out of nowhere. Or we just didn't notice him.

Fast forward a few years. The Disease is all around Canada, the US, and Southern America. (Mexico, Brazil, etc.) People have gotten access to all around, and more and more camps are popping up each year. Although, every year, it seems more and more are being destroyed by those things. Those caniballistic  :).

Fast forward a few more years. Now, not only is it in Canada, the US, Southern America, it's reached all the way to  :) Russia. How the hell does it even get there? I can't even answer that. It's like it popped up out of nowhere. Kinda like the kid... Russia just got hit, and like a storm, it swept through the rest of that place.

Fast forward to now, where we're sitting in small camps. They've renamed The Disease to The Storm, because, well, it swept through the  :) world like a storm. Almost every day, people leave camp and don't come back. But I might be leaving soon, and I want you to come with me.

Things the GM will give...

Positive effects
Found supplies, (will specify)
New colonist (NPC)
Transportation
Negative effects
Death
Bandit raid
The Storm raid

Now that that's out of the way, let's get the next two things in place:

Rules:

1. Censor any swear words.
2. No adding things to inventory that are OP, and that you wouldn't be able to carry.
eg; I grab a piece of the ship's hull, and I carry it along with my hunting rifle, in the winter, and I am running from The Storm while shooting (zombies = storm) storm with my handgun. It's simply unrealistic.
3. State a list of inventory whenever you post.
4. If you aren't good at making things up, eg what you found on a looting trip, ask a GM to do it.
5. Do not be unrealistic.
6. Try to help new users.
7. Keep it PG. (No sexual scenes, and no nudity.)

Creating a character:

Character Name:
Character Age:
Appereance (picture works.):
History:
Anything else:

That's the application.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:28:36 am by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Storm
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »

Is this an SG or is it 1 character per player (not sure what type of game that's called)? is this more of an adventure game or a colony game?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »

Adventure, and one character for each person. Also, that was just a story, you can chose to not be with the man in the desc.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 11:36:21 pm »

Character Name: Kale Barkley
Character Age: 26
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
History: Kale lived his life in camps, earning his living by going out and scavenging for food, weapons, baubles, usable scrap, anything really, so long as he could trade it. He always moved on once good pickings became harder to come by. This particular camp has been especially troublesome, so he decided to take the man's offer and leave with him.
Inventory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:29:06 pm »

Accepted!

((Sorry it took so long, kinda forgot about this))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:03:57 pm »

In sheet to follow

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:17:51 pm »

Sheet Done

Character Name:Lilly Tiygr
Character Age: 22
Spoiler: a picture (click to show/hide)
History: Lilly was scavenger, her life was a consent battle to survive in the toxic wastes.
By the time she was 16 the constant wars against other wasteland clans had shaped her into ruthless and cunning raider.

It was bound to happen, one day she was returning to her clans fortress only to see it ablaze in the distance.
With the Burning Hearts fortress destroyed and any survivors surely being hunted down.
Swearing revenge, Lilly turned back to the road and left, now a warrior without a cause.

It was days later that she arrived in this new camp, and just maybe she'll follow this stranger.

Anything else:
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

Accept, one more person then we'll start
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:27:23 am by tntey »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 06:27:38 am »

bump

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: The Storm [Zombie Apocalypse]
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 03:09:34 pm »

name: Carter
Appearance: pale white kid, skinny, brown hair, green eyes, and unkept hair
History: raised by adopted parents because his real parents died in the apocalypse. Has learned to be self reliant
Anything else: has a bad habit of bitting his nails and chewing on anything from pens to random twigs

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:13:33 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 06:31:02 pm »

Accepted

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 06:35:15 pm »

((I don't care what starting gear I get, I can't really think of anything for it))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 06:37:48 pm »

So he get some basic cloths and a knife, like the rest of us, or do we have a naked guy that eats twigs in party?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »

EVERYONE

You follow the man, who reveals himself as Joel. He has tanned skit, a big black beard and black hair. You follow him, eventually coming to a small super mart. "Alright, if were gonna get supplies, we need to get in there"

What do you do?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 06:48:07 pm »

((Should we do this in third or first person?))

Carter responds,"How should we aproach it?"
((Can I see my starter stuff? If you don't mind))
Pages: [1] 2