Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: (PTU) - The Islands of Paradise OOC - Tonic Island Clear!  (Read 19207 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (PTU) - The Islands of Paradise OOC - Secund Island
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2014, 09:31:22 am »

Eh, hard choice, I really only said Halu-Halu because a bigger more metropolitan area is what my character would be more interested in. However, as a player I agree that knocking down the gyms in whatever order they are suppose to be challenged in is the best. I am guessing that you would be setting the levels of our opponents no matter what we do and where we go, so sequence breaking in this game isn't as bad as I am used to in pokemon games. but it still feels off.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2014, 03:18:20 pm »

Indeed. I'll generally give you opponents by how your current level is as opposed to an absolute, this is how strong the Pokémon are here. The only exception to that rule might be gyms, as certain Gym Leaders are a lot tougher than others, and some are strong enough compete on the world stage. That idea largely applies to two individuals on Sonorous though, so you probably won't be dealing with them any time soon.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2014, 03:21:06 pm »

I don't mind, I'll go with whatever everyone else decides
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2014, 11:25:00 pm »

So, we going to have a session on the third?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2014, 11:06:31 am »

I'd prefer not to, since I'd still be getting ready to return back to college from the holidays. The 10th should work out just fine though. I'll probably have a session then. In the meantime, feel free to finish up any business on this island. Otherwise, I'm going to start railroading the plot into action tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:16:08 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2015, 06:22:55 pm »

Alright, so. Session tomorrow?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2015, 06:31:58 pm »

Indeed! Yes.
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2015, 03:33:46 pm »

Bad news. Something has come up on my end that'll take me a while to take care of. My car was in the shop back home for a while, and my parents are coming up to bring it back. As such, I might have my hands busy with them for a while.

As such, the session for today is cancelled.

But, I've still got some stuff genned up, so when you guys land I'll go ahead and start whatever action that was planned for tonight to keep things moving on the IC thread. This is where things will get interesting. : P
BIRDS.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2015, 12:41:45 pm »

So, we are going to have a session tomorrow yes?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2015, 02:50:41 pm »

I am kind of just leaning towards letting the campaign go.

I'm not really as experienced as a GM yet, which is why I wanted to do part of it over the IC thread on the forums. Then prepare the more action-y bits for the Maptools sessions. My off the cuff thinking skills could use love, as evidenced by the last session especially. There aren't any posts though; which means I can't really do all that much. : (

But... If there is show of support for bringing this back into action, I'll reconsider. It'll be hard to get this campaign back on it's feet again, but if there is enough willingness to keep on trucking, I'll see what I can do.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2015, 03:04:22 pm »

Damn right there is support for it to keep going. Though I don't know what you want us to post IC, and some of us don't have anything to post at all. If you want though, I could probably post something it just won't be much.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2015, 03:39:52 pm »

Aye. Not knowing what to post is a problem.

I suppose I'm waiting for a reaction of some kind, even if it's only a null reaction. In any situation you're not sure of, I would suggest asking questions. In fact, that's always a good rule of thumb. If you're at a loss for what to do, question the whole damn world if you have to! I'll usually be more than willing to provide a source of information if you seek it out on any subject; be it local landmarks, important people, or events that are going on behind the scenes. Even if there is no one around to talk to, I'll be more than willing to provide locational data as well if your character has the mind for it. From there you can decide what is important enough to check up on.

In this particular situation however, the Matron has got you guys on the boat through having knowledge that she really should not have and a captain who didn't leave you a whole lot of a choice in the matter. The Matron's a supernaturalist of some sort as evidenced by her occult nature, which answers how she knows things when she should not. The real question is why she's dragging you out to Tonic Island. That is a question she hasn't answered for yet.

So, I suppose if you are to make any action to keep things going, that's what I would suggest. Call her out on her funkiness. See if there is anything else off about this situation.
BIRDS.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2015, 03:49:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure we should question the world within reason. Unless you like us yelling right into a small puddle of water or something. As for why she's headed to Tonic island? Dunno, but given that we're headed that way regardless, I'm brushing that off as co-incidental. :P

Anyway, posting now captain! ^^
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2015, 03:10:55 am »

I'm still here and keeping an eye on the thread. I'd be interested in joining in if folks are leaving.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2015, 04:55:45 pm »

Well, I think the game is going quite well to be honest. Differently not enough actual posting on the thread, and I'll apologize for that. If you don't feel like you can or want to keep the game going, that's fine, however, I don't think you should think the game is a failure.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19