Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: (PTU) - The Islands of Paradise OOC - Tonic Island Clear!  (Read 19191 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
(PTU) - The Islands of Paradise OOC - Tonic Island Clear!
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:16:00 pm »

The Islands of Paradise

It is a beautiful, warm summer day, the first of many more warm and beautiful summer days to come. When you look outside, white fluffy clouds seem to bounce and float in the sky with cheerful despondency and the grass and trees of green reflect a light and happy glare. Your feet itch. It's time to take a walk. That's when you see them. Across the cities and towns far and wide and on lonely street corners and long forgotten highways there is a horde of red and white posters. Someone had been busy. You're not quite sure who had them printed or when they were posted, but perhaps that doesn't matter all that much. They pique your curiosity anyways. You walk towards them, remarking the strident red on white teletype that signifies nearly all Official Pokemon League Notices. Your heart races. In a flurry of action, you tear one down in earnest. The following words are imprinted on the poster...

You idly scratch your head and think. Huh. Perhaps you should send in an application. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

What is this?

This is a campaign of Pokemon Table Top United. It is a DnDesqe spin off based upon players taking on the roles of their own unique trainers and their Pokemon; each having their own stories to tell.

You are a young trainer among two others who have been selected to help film a promotional documentary for the up and coming Muse Region. Funded by the Pokemon League Federation, your mission is to highlight the new sights and sounds of the region. One other player character will accompany you as well, a local native of the region who will function as a guide.

The Muse Region rides the border line between joining the International Pokemon League Federation or remaining an independent state. As a player, you will hold sway over whether this happens or not. Your actions or inactions can  and will have an effect on the Muse Region's future.

How is the game going to be played?

This particular campaign will be utilizing both the Bay12 Forums and a funky life online tabletop simulator called Maptools. Normal Role Playing and Small Battles that aren't holding up the plot will be handled on the forums post by post. Large Scale Battles and other events that require use of a map will be handled on Maptools to speed up the proceedings when all players can be present.

Otherwise, this will be a relatively normal campaign as far as mechanics go. I do plan however to be a bit lenient with Bonus Experience Points for advancing any character based goals. What bonuses you receive might change depending on what your character's motivations are and is something you can plan while you are thinking about what kind of character you want to submit.

How will the players be decided?

I plan on taking at least four sheets of players, as well as keeping a small waitlist just in case anyone drops out. What I'm looking for characters and players that will be engaged in the game, as well as varied trainer types. Beginners and veterans of this system are both welcomed equally.

Three of the main characters will be from other Regions. You may pick any region in the Pokemon World to choose from except for the Muse Region proper. The fourth main character is a native of the region who has been brought in to assist the trainers on their journey across the Muse Region. You aren't being paid for this job, so they aren't exactly looking for experts. Take this as you will and feel free to ask me any preliminary questions about the islands if you need more information for your background.

You may apply to be both an outsider and a native. Just make sure your background open enough for some wiggle room.

Where do I sign up?

Right here!

Players will start off as Level 3 Trainers with a single Pokemon at Level 10 as a starter and $2500(Not to be spent just yet.). This may be almost any three-stage or two-stage Pokemon, saving Pseudo -Legendries or other exceptionally strong Pokemon. Specialized Pokedexes for the Muse Region will be issued upon your arrival on the islands, but starters will not. Don't forget to draw up a background for character.

When making a Player Character, please note that Supernatural Classes will be in the game, but they will not be starting PC Classes. A player may receive  the ability to take a Supernatural Class Features if they willingly seek it out in-game.

Some handy sheets are also included in the Core PDFs. Online excel sheets and other resources work just as well, if not better in some cases so I encourage you to seek them out as well.

Anything else?

Have fun with it! I encourage any creativity you guys can come up with as it will all help to make this game more interesting.

The game will start with your players hopping on the preliminary flight to the Muse Islands. I'll allow for a bit of RP Time for the players to have time to introduce themselves to each other before they land and the campaign begins proper.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions or to pop your head in if you are curious about any details!

Spoiler: Maps of the Region (click to show/hide)

Accepted Player List
1.) Weirdsound
2.) Powderminer
3.) Kansa
4.) Criptfeind
5.) Taricus

Waitlist
1.) Kyle Johnson
2.) Anise
3.) Sirus
4.) Kujiun

IC Thread is up!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:54:58 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Heck, in.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

AT LEAST 500% IN

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

I'll go in for this, if the times aren't too awkward for me.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 03:35:58 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah heck, I'm game for this.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've almost finished my character, I just need to write the backstory section and find the portrait.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I want in friend!

Partly because my first try never got anywhere.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wondering are egg moves allowed when creating your starter pokemon?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Nope!

I would like to avoid Egg moves as they can potentially be rather big early game boons. Tutors and such may be available later, but no egg moves for now. Also, while I am here, I must say that I am glad to see the turnout! This is going to be a hard decision.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok thank you :).

There's one other thing, can your pokemon forget moves once they've learnt them? Or are the first six they learn the only ones they ever get?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just like the games, they can forget them.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks interesting, if I can think of a character (and if it's not first come first serve), I'd like to try to join. What books can we use?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

What if the egg move is the only damaging one they would other wise get? Because I already have some sheets I can use if that's the case.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'd be unfair to let one person use an egg move and not the others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19