Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Hatred  (Read 41654 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Hatred
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2014, 08:10:48 pm »

I like entertaining/point-making violence. Hell, I dislike this more for portraying violence stupidly more then anything else.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »

I like entertaining/point-making violence. Hell, I dislike this more for portraying violence stupidly more then anything else.

Agreed. Trailer reminded me of a newgrounds flash game I saw years ago, made by a moody teenager.
Same thing. Emo main character ticked at the world, goes on a suicidal rampage.
Don't exactly have high hopes knowing we're dealing with a moody teen level premise.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 08:35:07 pm »

It's unfortunate because the visuals actually look really really good, especially for a top-down twin-stick shoot 'em up. I liked the wall and window destruction.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:29 pm »

Man, Berserk has really come a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntZj5UYGfzs

But really, so much is made about the 'theme' that its basically going to be a game that sells on controversy alone.  They should make it moddable so someone can make it such that you are a gingerbread man out to kill all the teddy bears and ponies in candyland.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2014, 09:15:47 pm »

Yeah, if it were more cartoonish and actually had some freaking color in it I'd think it a pretty good game, but it takes itself too seriously for me to consider it anything except a game DESIGNED to feed off of controversy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2014, 10:10:59 pm »

Others have said it as well, but my take on this is that it's pretty much aiming to get sales on being as deliberately "edgy" as possible in order to capitalize on the inevitable backlash. There's "no such thing as bad publicity", so they say, and I'm guessing that most of the sales will be to the morbidly curious rather than anyone who expects it to actually be good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2014, 10:26:37 pm »

ptw

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 10:38:56 pm »

internet butthurt over the game will probably be far more entertaining than the game itself
I saw a petition to put a stop to this game's development. I'll just bring out the usual freedom of speech answer: let the attention-whores piss away in the wind; don't take their bait, just let it rot in the trap.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2014, 11:27:34 pm »

Manhunt 2 managed to get itself censored here in America . . . I wonder how this one would fare. 
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2014, 11:47:10 pm »

Haha, this looks awesome. Kinda like a grittier, less comedic version of Postal... which reminds me I never played the sequels of that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2014, 12:18:09 am »

I seem to remember a certain serial killer roguelike and a ridiculous, almost violent forum backlash when people found out it was a hoax.

What's so different here?
Shoes...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2014, 12:23:06 am »

Well, that was a 'serial killer roguelike', this is a 'mass murderer twin-stick shooter'. :P   
And, of course, not being an obscure roguelike this is getting a hell of a lot more attention, especially since it has a gameplay trailer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2014, 12:23:39 am »

I seem to remember a certain serial killer roguelike and a ridiculous, almost violent forum backlash when people found out it was a hoax.

What's so different here?
Well, it's easier to fake a roguelike.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2014, 12:26:09 am »

What I mean is everybody was all over that shit.  Personally I found the killing in SKRL a lot more personal and disturbing than what I've seen from this game.

Shoes...

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2014, 12:57:32 am »

Manhunt 2 managed to get itself censored here in America . . . I wonder how this one would fare.
If I'm not mistaken, Manhunt was censored because they didn't want the esrb to give it an AO rating because no store would stock it then, while this game looks like it'll be digital download only, so the game doesn't need the esrb to okay it.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26