Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Hatred  (Read 41735 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Hatred
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2014, 06:02:43 am »

Ok looked at the intro. Can ANYONE tell me what's the fuss about it?
This is LITERALLY Postal 1-2 HD and i see no reason to go into full batshit panic mode because it exists.
The game was clearly made to attract media's attention and cash in on negative publicity.
It has no black humour, which was the thing that made Postal great. Also the devs present it as a some kind of a serious "murder simulator", and to be honest, they do it rather poorly - the speech at the beginning of the trailer is very cringeworthy.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2014, 06:07:52 am »

It's only a trailer and the gameplay bits remind me of the first 2 postals.
Also the cringeworthy speech counts as humour in my book since it's gruff and angst is so overdone it takes it to the "Stupid funny" zone for me.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2014, 08:08:46 am »

I'm surprised this wasn't done right after GTA. Guess better late than never.

I thought GTA was shit, but main reason it did so well...the news media (fox, cnn, australia news etc) went crazy over GTA. I'm pretty sure that pretty much helped GTA with its success.

If they succeed, I give them a round of applause. I love it when games piss off the corrupt fake exaggerated news media :D

Will I play it? NOPE. It looks like shit like GTA and other similar games.
GTA really isn't shit. And it's certainly not played as straight as this game is. Most criticism on GTA IV was about it being too serious.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2014, 08:28:37 am »

GTA aren't bad games, but I find the series as a whole repetitive after doing everything imaginable inside a city with ragdoll physics. Redemption was sick, L.A. Noire was unique and fun, they should try their hand at some other time period. *crosses fingers for 60's cold war spy game*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2014, 09:10:39 am »

GTA is, in fact, rather shit. Maybe the original couple of games actually broke some sort of ground, but all the ones I have played are rubbish.
I was going to make a point here, but it's late and I forgot what it was. :P Man, this book smells nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:36 am »

What majority, though? Nearly everyone in the mainstream collectively shit themselves over this like they just heard the brown noise. Shock tactics apparently still work, even though we're looking at a modern Postal.

If you mean here specifically, then I'd say Hatred would have a hard time contending with what you can do in Dwarf Fortress's Adventure Mode or Liberal Crime Squad.
I don't think anything will ever match DF adventure mode for levels of violence. No graphics, sure, but what other came can you butcher someone with a pickaxe, then eat all their organs?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2014, 10:21:06 am »

This is LITERALLY Postal 1-2 HD and i see no reason to go into full batshit panic mode because it exists.
The game was clearly made to attract media's attention and cash in on negative publicity.
It has no black humour, which was the thing that made Postal great. Also the devs present it as a some kind of a serious "murder simulator", and to be honest, they do it rather poorly - the speech at the beginning of the trailer is very cringeworthy.
Yeah, Postal 1 was a real laugh riot.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2014, 10:26:51 am »

Which is why it isn't the most well-liked of all the Postals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2014, 02:23:51 pm »

Holy crap...  I only saw Postal 2 which was silly.  So far this looks to be exactly like Hatred.  Same general gameplay, same lack of comedy.  No wonder people were worried about Postal 1.

Not that I know what, if anything, should be done about games like this.  Probably nothing?  They're still disturbing to me.  Which is probably the point, generally.  Horror movies are intentionally disturbing too.  They aren't interactive, but still.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:52 am »

Apparently the video in the OP is private now?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:48 am »

I think they had to edit it slightly for legal reasons- they removed the Unreal and NYPD logos, since those are both apparently trademarks belonging to people who didn't want to be associated with the trailer.
Pretty sure they uploaded a new version with those two details blurred out. Sucks that they've already had to start censoring. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2014, 04:37:29 am »

I think they had to edit it slightly for legal reasons- they removed the Unreal and NYPD logos, since those are both apparently trademarks belonging to people who didn't want to be associated with the trailer.
Pretty sure they uploaded a new version with those two details blurred out. Sucks that they've already had to start censoring. ::)

It's not censoring. It's not using the trademarked logos by people who don't want to be perceived as approving of something they don't. Censoring would be removing or obfuscating the, yanno, actually violent parts.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2014, 07:12:43 am »

Now the enemies are going to be members of some fictional police force, rather than the setting's real law enforcement.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2014, 09:12:09 am »

Lol. Wouldn't want the positive reputation of Unreal and the NYPD in jeopardy.

It's not censoring. It's not using the trademarked logos by people who don't want to be perceived as approving of something they don't. Censoring would be removing or obfuscating the, yanno, actually violent parts.

"*takes money from developer* You can use the Unreal engine.. but don't say so!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War

Actually, fuck it, here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

I find it hilarious that they're now upset. Where was their faux anger over postal 2 using their engine? It's literally the same logo/trailer combo you have in any game. Anyone with half a brain is very aware those are the assets used.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:23:29 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2014, 09:27:05 am »

This particular example: "You're showing our logo? Send in the lawyers!"

Anywhere else: "You're not showing our logo? Send in the lawyers!"
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26